M

Msvr

Legio Patria Nostra
Sep 9, 2024
Earlier today I did an experiment. I filled my exit bag with N2 and filmed myself, planning on doing the blackout test. After 3 breaths and about 15 seconds my blood oxygen levels started plummeting from 98% to 35% in 14 seconds. So in 29 seconds total I dropped to 35% SP02. I then backed out before actually blacking out, but obviously one more breath would have done it for sure. I also didn't even hyperventilate, or deeply exhale before the test. If I had done those I probably would have passed out in sub 30 seconds. Zero discomfort, headaches, or anything. I just as rapidly increased back to 99% when I started breathing oxygen again. Here's a quick 14 second video of my finger oximeter showing the plummet. Sorry for the quality, it's highly zoomed in:

View attachment PXL_20240918_140113833~7.mp4

• Informative
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, exitingtothevoid, ForgottenAgain and 1 other person
C

CantDoIt

Mage
Jul 18, 2024
Oh wow. So you weren't planning on actually doing it yet at this point, correct? Any feelings of SI?

M

Msvr

Legio Patria Nostra
Sep 9, 2024
Oh wow. So you weren't planning on actually doing it yet at this point, correct? Any feelings of SI?
Yeah this was just a test, not an actual attempt to CTB. I just breathed the N2 through a tube I stuck in the exit bag. And due to that there weren't any feelings of SI. When I actually do CTB though I have wrist straps. If SI does kick in those will make it harder to change my mind. Also prevent my hands from doing anything after falling unconscious

Reactions: exitingtothevoid and CantDoIt