waterworks

waterworks

in the luminous darkness
Jan 31, 2024
So, I have my components. I also did some testing today, didn't notice any leaks from regulator or tank. I had an oximeter and it seems to be working. My oxygen saturation dropped quick after a few second's delay. I was nervous but I focused on controlled breathing, which I think matters more? My pulse rate was through the roof though (120 bpm). Is there anything I need to know, or things I'm missing? I have not set a specific date, but I'm planning to ctb by December hopefully, though I can't shake the feeling I may do it sooner.

Any advice is welcome.

Components:
I got sold this raggedy looking UHP Nitrogen Tank, size 35 for $300. I guess it's what's on the inside that counts, right? I'm certain as long as I keep it in good condition, it should be fine for a few months.
N tank

My regulator, everything seems to work. I didn't realize it shipped with a thin-barbed attachment for tubing and wasted money on a tube fitting (which didn't even fit the thread as advertised) and silicon tubing
20240626 153728

I made an exit bag for testing (plan on making it more refined but it seemed to work), and this is some oxygen tubing off amazon
20240626 153855 20240626 153809

Last edited:
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
Nitrous oxide is supposed to be able to kill people if they get too much nitrous and not enough oxygen. Any way to use that effectively?
My crappy phone ain't showing pictures and now it's typing words and letters that slant to the right. I don't know why

waterworks

waterworks

in the luminous darkness
Jan 31, 2024
Nitrous oxide is supposed to be able to kill people if they get too much nitrous and not enough oxygen. Any way to use that effectively?
My crappy phone ain't showing pictures and now it's typing words and letters that slant to the right. I don't know why
It sounds like you have some just laying around. Otherwise isn't that more expensive, hazardous and harder to get than just using nitrogen, helium or argon etc? I know it is used as an anesthetic and can kill you, same way as nitrogen, by displacing oxygen. I'm not an expert but getting nitrogen is hard enough, I think you'd need a business licenses of some kind to get your hands on N2O.

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
So, I have my components. I also did some testing today, didn't notice any leaks from regulator or tank. I had an oximeter and it seems to be working. My oxygen saturation dropped quick after a few second's delay. I was nervous but I focused on controlled breathing, which I think matters more? My pulse rate was through the roof though (120 bpm). Is there anything I need to know, or things I'm missing? I have not set a specific date, but I'm planning to ctb by December hopefully, though I can't shake the feeling I may do it sooner.

Any advice is welcome.

Components:

View attachment 143788

View attachment 143789

View attachment 143791View attachment 143790
Pulse rate always jumps sharply when testing, totally normal, the heart doesn't like it when you deprive it of oxygen

Any advice is welcome.

Components:

View attachment 143788

View attachment 143789

View attachment 143791View attachment 143790
The Tank may look funny, but mine looks quite different also, after having it for two years, and I still have enough Nitrogen in my huge tank to kill me ten times over

Last edited:
Reactions: waterworks
waterworks

waterworks

in the luminous darkness
Jan 31, 2024
Pulse rate always jumps sharply when testing, totally normal, the heart doesn't like it when you deprive it of oxygen
That makes sense, I was worried that it might affect the saturation reading.
The Tank may look funny, but mine looks quite different also, after having it for two years, and I still have enough Nitrogen in my huge tank to kill me ten times over
2 years is a good bit of time, that gives me a little more confidence for sure