T

truthseeker

Student
Sep 9, 2019
I was diagnosed with liver cancer early last year. Which didn't come as a surprise as I've been a high risk for many years. A new radiation treatment was successful and I was deemed in remission that July. I've been getting cancer screens every 3-4 months since, CT scan and AFP bood tests. I had the latest this past Monday and the results were in by the end of the day, still in remission. I'm sure most people would be elated but I wasn't moved at all. Just another appt. out of the many that I have each month and recently week.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: AnnonyBox
ChristopherWalken

ChristopherWalken

Aug 15, 2019
Wish I could trade places with you. I've wished for cancer or something to take me out for a long time so I'd have an excuse for dying early. But if everything keeps coming back clean for the next few months and they say you're cured will you still want to ctb?

T

truthseeker

Student
Sep 9, 2019
No you don't. My post only concerns what happened Monday. I have multiple chronic illnesses involving liver,kidney,spleen and depression. I edited this post by half as I wanted to stay on topic. One doesn't really become 'cured' of cancer, it has the potential to return. I want to leave this shitty world on my own terms, not by cancer, liver or kidney failure, ruptured spleen, whatever. To me that is death with dignity.

Polka

Polka

Student
Oct 6, 2019
If you have depression why did you treat the cancer?