• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

shinitai_sh0jo

shinitai_sh0jo

Is it so selfish to want to feel a little better?
Dec 30, 2023
Like genuine question. I do not know if I actually have borderline, but I heard somethings about this topic before, and wanted to know if it's true/if it is, where the thing is actually legal etc.

• Hugs
Reactions: Enigma the orange and kawaiiphantom
R

random_user

It's impossible to lose it all and still be alive
Jun 17, 2022
Currently as far as I know only the Netherlands and Belgium allow euthanasia for "psychiatric illnesses" and Canada is going to allow it soon. However to receive this you will need to try every possible "treatment" first and only if no treatment is successful you will be able to get euthanasia. It's usually a multiple-year process.

Reactions: kermudgeon and shinitai_sh0jo
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Currently as far as I know only the Netherlands and Belgium allow euthanasia for "psychiatric illnesses" and Canada is going to allow it soon. However to receive this you will need to try every possible "treatment" first and only if no treatment is successful you will be able to get euthanasia. It's usually a multiple-year process.
Belgium don't really consider psychiatric illnesses from people not resident there. Not sure about The Netherlands.

Switzerland is probably your only hope.

Reactions: random_user
R

random_user

Jun 17, 2022
Belgium don't really consider psychiatric illnesses from people not resident there. Not sure about The Netherlands.

Switzerland is probably your only hope.
Well in theory it should be at least easy to get residency and then also access health services in Belgium and NL as an EU citizen. I think NL is a bit more liberal in their euthanasia law compared to Belgium.

Switzerland isn't that liberal towards euthanasia for psychological illnesses I believe. There's still a long way to go for our societies sadly.

Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
Psychiatric illness isn't the term that is used in Belgium. It's called 'ondraaglijk psychisch lijden' or 'unbearable psychological/mental suffering'.

AFAIK you don't have to be Belgian, but there are rules. Belgium doesn't want to attract foreigners that want to die here. I'm guessing if you have a terminal physical illness it'll be easier. There was a court case about a woman (Tine Nys) that chose to die because of unbearable mental suffering. In the end the doctor(?) weren't convicted, but it shows it's a sensitive subject.

Last edited:
Reactions: random_user
R

random_user

Jun 17, 2022
Psychiatric illness isn't the term that is used in Belgium. It's called 'ondraaglijk psychisch lijden' or 'unbearable psychological/mental suffering'.

AFAIK you don't have to be Belgian, but there are rules. Belgium doesn't want to attract foreigners that want to die here. I'm guessing if you have a terminal physical illness it'll be easier. There was a court case about a woman (Tine Nys) that chose to die because of unbearable mental suffering. In the end the doctor(?) weren't convicted, but it shows it's a sensitive subject.
Thank you for the clarification on that. Wasn't there also some case where a juvenile girl was granted euthanasia?

BorderlineChellery

BorderlineChellery

I was never meant for this life...
Feb 19, 2024
I have BPD, I've been looking into VAS, I couldn't find much online about it but from what I've seen it would cost at least £10,000 unfortunately

Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
Thank you for the clarification on that. Wasn't there also some case where a juvenile girl was granted euthanasia?
Not AFAIK. I know only of the case of Tine Nys. BBC made an article about it:

bbc.com/news/world-europe-51103687

Euthanasia for minors is possible in Belgium since February 2014, but I'm guessing it doesn't happen very often. At least in 2022 there were no minors involved.