oooobeeeeii

oooobeeeeii

Tired
Mar 18, 2023
Mean its open type so I have my phone and everything… my anxiety is sooo over the roof. I just feel physically sick. I wanna leave so badly, something seems so off even tho ive already been there and it was pretty okay. Should I just run away, try and ctb here, or something else? Idk.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lawliet, epic, Kodokushi and 5 others
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
Definitely don't try to run or CTB there, because it will only make things worse for you if you try. The best way to get out of there is to go along with whatever they want you to do, even if you really don't want to. Any idea how long they want you to stay?

Reactions: Red Desert, Lawliet, Kodokushi and 7 others
exploitedbacteria

exploitedbacteria

DESTROY THE VESSEL
Apr 5, 2023
1) Tell them what they want to hear
2) Go home
3) Do whatever you want

… no choice

• Informative
Reactions: Lawliet, Kodokushi, loopdaloop and 6 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Those places sound so horrible, I hate how we exist in a society that punishes suicidal people by forcing them into psych wards, it sounds risky trying to ctb in there so I hope that you manage to get out.

• Informative
Reactions: RedDoor, loopdaloop, Rogue Proxy and 5 others
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
How long have you been there? The psych ward has never worked well for me so I empathize will feeling pretty stuck in there when you wish you were able to leave. I don't know, it might be a good idea to just play it cool and try to get out sooner than later as opposed to trying to escape. What I would do when I was there having a horrible time was try to tell them that something about the hospital and small space was triggering my ptsd really badly and that I didn't think treatment was helping so I was hoping to make a treatment plan and asked if we could discuss possible ways of me getting out earlier "safe for me".

Pretty much if you feel like the place is harming you more than helping and feel capable of it, I recommend trying to calmy and rationally avocate for why you feel like it isn't helping. Maybe the staff will ignore you but there's always the possibility they will either understand if you articulate yourself well or at the very least may try to make the experience less horribile.

Sorry, I don't know if anything I just wrote is helpful or makes sense at all, I feel like I just woke up out of a long coma.

• Hugs
Reactions: Red Desert, depressedlover, redbathingduck and 2 others
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I loved the people who ran away: legendary…Two men jumped over yhe rooves, one woman managed to leave with no shoes and no underwear in a ripped dress. But will they catch you again??
CTB there…in some ways not fair on nurses, but also a great place as its not with family etc…Ligature method only effective one or night night with bedsheets. You'd need ro find a way to hide so you dont get rescued mid-attempt
OR if I was back in the ward just take advantage of the PRN benzos to give yourself some time out. They gave clonzepam on tap or lorezapam or something.
You could also just meet the psychiatrist and see if they have anything different to offer you. Unlikely but not impossible. I think they generally want everyone on anti-psychotics. If you haven't tried them. At least it's quick access to a psychiatrist on psych ward.
Pace around/watch TV/watch any fights that break out/sit and rock. At least you don't have to act normal
If you don't have mania or psychosis they won't keep you long
ps you can get an advocate to support you and you can also contest being there if you want to…They don't always tell you that (UK)

Reactions: katagiri83 and Lost in a Dream
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
CTB there…in some ways not fair on nurses,
That's quite a dark thing to say. The people who torment and trap others in psych wards just for being suicidal don't have any right not to witness a ctb. As for the original poster, that is terrible that you feel trapped there. Psych wards are dreadful and abuse rights far too often. They fit all too well in this sadistic world.

Reactions: Red Desert, Lawliet, Rogue Proxy and 3 others
headcase95

headcase95

abject failure
Apr 17, 2023
Can you tell us why you're there and how long they said you'd have to stay there?

Reactions: Lost in a Dream
StaticCryBabye

StaticCryBabye

Sorrowful Pixel
Apr 9, 2023
Mean its open type so I have my phone and everything… my anxiety is sooo over the roof. I just feel physically sick. I wanna leave so badly, something seems so off even tho ive already been there and it was pretty okay. Should I just run away, try and ctb here, or something else? Idk.
Definitely don't run or ctb go ahead and admit to the things they wanna hear and ask them when you're allowed to leave

Reactions: Red Desert and Kodokushi
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
That's quite a dark thing to say. The people who torment and trap others in psych wards just for being suicidal don't have any right not to witness a ctb. As for the original poster, that is terrible that you feel trapped there. Psych wards are dreadful and abuse rights far too often. They fit all too well in this sadistic world.
it's the law and society that puts those who are different in psych wards. The nurses are just getting paid and some of them do care. Saying that, I certainly thought about it on psych ward. Also, as in prisons, it is a hazard of the job

Reactions: katagiri83
oooobeeeeii

oooobeeeeii

Tired
Mar 18, 2023
Can you tell us why you're there and how long they said you'd have to stay there?
For depression and bulimia (was diagnosed with ana bp subtype till recently). I should be there for short time cause of my school graduation, like 2 weeks max but I dont think ill be able to last here even for a week hah.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lawliet and epic
Abdullah

Abdullah

Apr 20, 2023
Tough luck for you mate. I hope you get out soon. I was sectioned for over six months and diagnosed with Bipolar affective disorder. I left the Psych ward a completely different person. Since then I have not been myself again.

• Aww..
Reactions: Red Desert and LittleJem