• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

U

Unununium

Aug 30, 2022
Heya. So I'm thinking to go some time between the 3rd and 9th of October.

I have a little cubicle in place already, as you can see in the attached picture. I will add another two mattresses to it, one on each side, so if my body thrashes around, it should stay quite confined and also not hit anything hard or make loud noises.

For the noose, I have a simple knot, as this slides and tightens up much better than the hangman's noose. The knot will be on the back of my neck. With a full suspension I should be able to block both the jugular vein and the carotid artery, this latter one being the important one to block so that blood is also prevented from going to your brain, and I don't end up with all the blood stuck in my head making it all blue and feeling like it's going to explode.

The rope is a standard, robust climbing rope. About 1.2cm thick.

My questions are:
1) Should I tie up my hands behind my back to make sure I don't panic and try to get out of the noose once I've kicked the chair? I'm not an impulsive nor scared person, but you know, I've never tried to hang myself before so I don't know what my survival instinct might try to make me do.

2) Should I put some tape over my mouth so that my tongue, if it swells, doesn't hang out? I also don't want to accidentally bite it. Although tape over my mouth AND hands tied up might make it look like an homicide or a staged/fake suicide, which is not ideal. I mean I don't want the cops to start "investigating" anything. Any ideas?

3) I'm about 62kg and going for full suspension. Any reason why I might fail to block the carotid artery specifically?

4) Is it a good idea to starve myself and go without sleep for as long as possible before the hanging, so that, feeling very weak and sleepy, it might be easier to pass out peacefully?

5) Do you see anything wrong with this setup? Anything that needs to be changed or improved? Any tips?

6) Also why have some people written that it's painful being unable to breathe, when most people can hold their breath for around 1 minute, and it's not painful? If I pass out within 20 seconds, that's way before I need to gasp for air. Or are those people just talking about the pressure on the throat, and mixing things up?

Attachments

• short drop setup.png
    short drop setup.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Vanrock3000, Meineendscheidung, justsayin and 3 others
Ginnn

Ginnn

Student
Aug 20, 2022
On 6) what hurts is pressing the windpipe, it's really uncomfortable
I'm also looking for answers on full hanging so I'll post this reply as a boost to the thread.

πŸ‘

πŸ‘οΈπŸ‘ƒπŸ‘οΈ

Enlightened
Aug 14, 2022
I planned on hanging & I planned on huffing air duster with my head in the noose to make me go unconscious.
Now I will be drinking the salt.

U

Unununium

Aug 30, 2022
Nobody has any tips or answers? Was hoping for some feedback since I want to do this properly and not mess it up.

Reactions: blindtothesuffering
SunshineAndSuicide

SunshineAndSuicide

Sunshine is what's keeping me alive
Aug 24, 2022
Heya. So I'm thinking to go some time between the 3rd and 9th of October.

I have a little cubicle in place already, as you can see in the attached picture. I will add another two mattresses to it, one on each side, so if my body thrashes around, it should stay quite confined and also not hit anything hard or make loud noises.

For the noose, I have a simple knot, as this slides and tightens up much better than the hangman's noose. The knot will be on the back of my neck. With a full suspension I should be able to block both the jugular vein and the carotid artery, this latter one being the important one to block so that blood is also prevented from going to your brain, and I don't end up with all the blood stuck in my head making it all blue and feeling like it's going to explode.

The rope is a standard, robust climbing rope. About 1.2cm thick.

My questions are:
1) Should I tie up my hands behind my back to make sure I don't panic and try to get out of the noose once I've kicked the chair? I'm not an impulsive nor scared person, but you know, I've never tried to hang myself before so I don't know what my survival instinct might try to make me do.

2) Should I put some tape over my mouth so that my tongue, if it swells, doesn't hang out? I also don't want to accidentally bite it. Although tape over my mouth AND hands tied up might make it look like an homicide or a staged/fake suicide, which is not ideal. I mean I don't want the cops to start "investigating" anything. Any ideas?

3) I'm about 62kg and going for full suspension. Any reason why I might fail to block the carotid artery specifically?

4) Is it a good idea to starve myself and go without sleep for as long as possible before the hanging, so that, feeling very weak and sleepy, it might be easier to pass out peacefully?

5) Do you see anything wrong with this setup? Anything that needs to be changed or improved? Any tips?

6) Also why have some people written that it's painful being unable to breathe, when most people can hold their breath for around 1 minute, and it's not painful? If I pass out within 20 seconds, that's way before I need to gasp for air. Or are those people just talking about the pressure on the throat, and mixing things up?
I don't have all the answers to hanging, but it is apparently not the most peaceful method.
1) I would definitely tie my hands with cable ties, because SI might be very persistent with hanging.
2) Aren't you planning on leaving a suicide note?
4) I don't think that will help against SI, but taking sleeping/anxiety pills might make you more relaxed initially
6) I suggest you search for some posts to practice the passing out pressure points, because I've also read that simply closing the windpipe is painful

Wishing you the best outcome πŸ€—

Reactions: blindtothesuffering and Euthanza
Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
4). I don't think fasting or staying up beyond your normal biological rhythm is necessary with this method. But if you can combine with drugs then maybe it will be more peaceful.

5). That's wood, isn't it? It can break, I suggest you try a set of pull up and swing your body a bit to test the strength

6). Yes, the pressure to throat is painful.

If you're sure SI will not be a problem then the only downsides with this traditional method are the pain (eventhough it's quick) and if it matters to you that the after scene made bad memories since hanging also has been used as iconic punishment in public history.

This is not my method of choice, sorry I can't really comment much.

Last edited:
U

Unununium

Aug 30, 2022
Thanks for the replies.

I'm leaving a note but it's not a farewell, more like "you can take this stuff of mine but don't touch this other stuff of mine" kind of note.

I hadn't thought about taking any kind of pills to relax but I think it's something that I can look into it.

I did hang on the rope with my hands sustaining my full body weight and it seems solid enough. I didn't try thrashing around a bit while holding on it, so I guess I should test it a bit more, yeah. Good point.

I think I can endure the pain. Never had strangulation to death done to me, but I had some very painful and prolonged sessions to the dentist and I could bare the excruciating pain. Might be completely different from this, I know, but if it's ~20 seconds to unconsciousness, I think I can endure it.

For the scene discovery, I'm gonna set up a large white sheet over the hanging spot with a warning sign that if they open it they're gonna be traumatized. So nobody has to be shocked with the sudden image of a body hanging. Whoever finds it can just call the police or whoever it is that deals with it, and not see it themselves.

I appreciate the input.

Reactions: blindtothesuffering and Euthanza
Everlong

Everlong

One last chance to turn it around
Sep 7, 2022
Thanks for the replies.

I'm leaving a note but it's not a farewell, more like "you can take this stuff of mine but don't touch this other stuff of mine" kind of note.

I hadn't thought about taking any kind of pills to relax but I think it's something that I can look into it.

I did hang on the rope with my hands sustaining my full body weight and it seems solid enough. I didn't try thrashing around a bit while holding on it, so I guess I should test it a bit more, yeah. Good point.

I think I can endure the pain. Never had strangulation to death done to me, but I had some very painful and prolonged sessions to the dentist and I could bare the excruciating pain. Might be completely different from this, I know, but if it's ~20 seconds to unconsciousness, I think I can endure it.

For the scene discovery, I'm gonna set up a large white sheet over the hanging spot with a warning sign that if they open it they're gonna be traumatized. So nobody has to be shocked with the sudden image of a body hanging. Whoever finds it can just call the police or whoever it is that deals with it, and not see it themselves.

I appreciate the input.
I'm going SN. Hanging is as easy as it gets as for acquisition of the necessary hardware.
Rope?
Check.
Done.
It's also, probably, the second most disturbing scene for the surviving members of the family to discover. Brains on the wall being number one, in my humble opinion. That's important to me. Why did you choose the taut line?
But I'm in no position to sway a fellow suicidal sufferer from a chosen method. With that being said, what about placing the note itself outside the room? Let it describe the tone of the room they're about to walk into.

U

Unununium

Aug 30, 2022
There's only one elderly person who could find my body, but actually I plan to lock myself into the room and put some big furniture against it. Basically nobody can get in, until the firefighters come and brute-force their way in. Also like I said, I'll put a makeshift curtain in front of the scene so even the person who gets in the room first won't have to unintentionally witness the body.

The taut line? You mean why that specific knot? Well I was going for the typical hangman's noose at first but after some research it seems that a simple knot is the best as it closes up very easily. I haven't seen any other kinds of not discussed. (There's the slip knot but it's just an alternate version of the simple knot, but it's not as good, from what I can tell)

I think the note outside the room is risky, because it will immediately attract attention to the inside of the room. Like, if by chance the note is discovered right after I place it, I'm basically busted while still in the act. Also it's not a goodbye note, it's literally just a note saying don't give me a religious funeral and you can have this stuff but don't go rummaging through this other stuff.