sunny

sunny

♡
Aug 15, 2023
ofc i'd rather plan it out so i can hide it from my online friends + clear my devices + write notes (?) etc but i'm a very impulsive person
when i used to sh i would do it so quickly after i had gotten upset at something that i had no time to think until after it was over

• Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes, Toobrokentofix, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
If you are scared you can always call a friend over to spend the night but don't tell them your plans! Pretend you want to watch a movie, that way you will be safe đź‘Ť

Reactions: heavyeyes, Wehmut and Sweet Tart
Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
Aside from simply avoiding events that could trigger such an impulsive reaction I'm not really sure what else you could do to prevent besides keeping methods out of reach which also doesn't seem ideal should you intent to go out soon.

Also, in all fairness, assuming you're an atheist and don't believe in an afterlife then it won't really matter, at least to you it won't.

Reactions: heavyeyes and bluebus
B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
I feel like it is not so easy to compulsively kys. Depending on your method, you will not likely end up in pain/ harming your body but not dead. It sucks but in order to be successful, you really have to know what you're doing. At least that's what I've gathered from being on this site. I am really sorry that you are in this much pain. I hope you can find peace. Best of luck,

Reactions: heavyeyes, Wehmut, notverylucid and 2 others
Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
I feel like it is not so easy to compulsively kys. Depending on your method, you will not likely end up in pain/ harming your body but not dead. It sucks but in order to be successful, you really have to know what you're doing. At least that's what I've gathered from being on this site. I am really sorry that you are in this much pain. I hope you can find peace. Best of luck,
It's def not but mental illness is also a bitch. My BPD friend took her life just like that, no real prep or plan. Ik she was suicidal, ik she was shing and impulsive and I knew she wasn't long for the world but it still surprised me nonetheless. Poor thing had a shitty experience with her bf and just ended up doing it after.

• Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes, bluebus and betternever2havbeen
B

betternever2havbeen

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Next time you're upset come on here and vent instead, and we'll give you support and talk you out of anything you might be wanting to do impulsively. Other poster suggesting you ask a friend over is a good idea as well. I don't think you should be alone when feeling like that. And promise yourself that no matter how you feel in the moment, you will at least sleep on it and see how you feel tomorrow.

• Love
Reactions: jar-baby and sunny
B

bluebus

Aug 5, 2023
It's def not but mental illness is also a bitch. My BPD friend took her life just like that, no real prep or plan. Ik she was suicidal, ik she was shing and impulsive and I knew she wasn't long for the world but it still surprised me nonetheless. Poor thing had a shitty experience with her bf and just ended up doing it after.
So sorry to hear about that. Losing a friend (especially a really close one) is like losing a piece of yourself. How old was she if you don't mind me asking. I lost my best friend when he was 16 to accidental od

J

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
I don't really know what your method would be but maybe you could try making it harder for yourself by hiding the things you'd need (SN/N/Nitrogen + apparatus/razors). Maybe locking them up and putting the key somewhere not easily accessible. Or asking a friend or family to keep the key for you and making up a lie about what it's for if needed.

Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
So sorry to hear about that. Losing a friend (especially a really close one) is like losing a piece of yourself. How old was she if you don't mind me asking. I lost my best friend when he was 16 to accidental od
Nono not children. We were "adults". She was a year older than me at 21. Last I had a conversation with her I convinced her to have a convo with her bf about their poly relationship and the emotional abuse she was receiving as a result from it. I never got to know how bad it went.

• Aww..
Reactions: Sweet Tart
B

bluebus

Aug 5, 2023
Nono not children. We were "adults". She was a year older than me at 21. Last I had a conversation with her I convinced her to have a convo with her bf about their poly relationship and the emotional abuse she was receiving as a result from it. I never got to know how bad it went.
I'm really sorry to hear about that. 21 is still very young. At least she has found peace.
It never gets easier, losing someone you love. It's been 4 years (I was 15 at the time of his death) and I still miss him. Now I will be joining him soon I guess. Just a little too late

Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
I'm really sorry to hear about that. 21 is still very young. At least she has found peace.
It never gets easier, losing someone you love. It's been 4 years (I was 15 at the time of his death) and I still miss him. Now I will be joining him soon I guess. Just a little too late
Ye me personally I consider everyone under 25 to be a child in some regard since their brain hasn't fully developed.

And for your situation, it's never too late. A little late maybe, but we all go at our different times.

• Love
Reactions: bluebus
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Impulsive I'd probably the best way, just get it over and done with.

Planning and setting dates is the reason it hadn't worked for me. I'm a coward and use planning the next stupid method as a cop out.

T

TheMetalhead

Experienced
Aug 18, 2023
Impulsive may or not be even worse for some people. For me it was worse after I impulsively started to stab myself with a knife simply because I had a knife in my pocket.
Planned attempt may be stopped in one way or another, be it by yourself or a person close to you. I unfortunately was saved by a lady who called police on me, not knowing I was trying to CTB yet, simply because I was doing weird things with a knife and crying my lungs out.