I

InterruptedGirl

May 12, 2023
I asked a classmate if I'm a toxic person. she said yes, she said I don't do it on purpose. She said that the other classmates distance themselves from me because they know my past (traumas, bereavements, hospitalizations) and see their ugliest part in me, the part of pain they want to hide. I don't want to blame this person for what she said because she answered my question but I was really upset.
and the problem is that as she said I can't do anything to fix it

(Sorry for my bad english)

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
Georg

Georg

Experienced
Feb 25, 2023
Being "toxic" is just a modern way to criticize people. It looks to me that it's not your fault what happened to you in the past

I

InterruptedGirl

May 12, 2023
Being "toxic" is just a modern way to criticize people. It looks to me that it's not your fault what happened to you in the past
It's not my fault yes. But I think that what happened has changed me. And obv, my past will have changed everyone. I think she criticized me about who I am today.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
What other people say shouldn't matter, I would personally see it as best to avoid those people anyway. It sounds like you've suffered a lot all through no fault of your own, existence is just too cruel.

• Love
Reactions: disabledlife
D

diyCTB

Mage
Oct 28, 2018
Seems like word toxic is another buzzword thrown around in society like word Hitler.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
The fact that you actually care about how others perceive you- and were brave enough to ask probably means that you're not 'toxic'. I imagine the truly toxic people out there neither know nor care about how they affect others.

I'm so sorry this happened to you. It's kind of harsh for that person to have said all that stuff. It doesn't sound like they phrased it very compassionately. I hope you can find other people out there who are more understanding. If you're that aware and care about how your behaviour affects others- you deserve to have more compassionate people around you.

Reactions: InterruptedGirl