Tionally

Tionally

bored
Jul 5, 2023
I don't know when I'll CTB but I have started writing early versions of my suicide notes. I'm planning to write one general note, one for the family and a few for each of my better friends.
I guess what I write won't really matter since I'll be gone but I don't want to ctb without leaving anything. Giving people explanations seems like a better thing to do.
The problem is that writing these is kinda tiring. I'm trying to put more than just a goodbye and a reason why I did it (for example things like the bad and the good things we went through, things I've never said, regrets, etc.)
I have barely started writing most of them and the one I'm focusing on mostly right now already has around 2700 words and I still have so much to write about.
I'm wondering whether leaving such long letters is a good idea. Will people even want to read them? And if they do will they be bored?
Writing them just makes me feel bad but I guess I'll just have to power through and finish them.
I suppose that I still have a lot of time to do so cause I'll CTB in two months at the earliest.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, SenseOfLoss, PurpleVoid and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I understand why you would feel so tired of that but anyway I wish you the best with your plans.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
A while ago when I was very close to ctb I tried to write notes, I actually didn't really know what to write, probably in the end if it really comes to CTB with me I don't wrte anything. There's nothing to say anyway but in the end it's up 2 you what you wanna write and who should receive notes, this is a totally personal decision and as you said you have enough time to think about it!I wish you the best with your plans!

SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
I don't know when I'll CTB but I have started writing early versions of my suicide notes. I'm planning to write one general note, one for the family and a few for each of my better friends.
I guess what I write won't really matter since I'll be gone but I don't want to ctb without leaving anything. Giving people explanations seems like a better thing to do.
The problem is that writing these is kinda tiring. I'm trying to put more than just a goodbye and a reason why I did it (for example things like the bad and the good things we went through, things I've never said, regrets, etc.)
I have barely started writing most of them and the one I'm focusing on mostly right now already has around 2700 words and I still have so much to write about.
I'm wondering whether leaving such long letters is a good idea. Will people even want to read them? And if they do will they be bored?
Writing them just makes me feel bad but I guess I'll just have to power through and finish them.
I suppose that I still have a lot of time to do so cause I'll CTB in two months at the earliest.
There is also "Future Me" or scheduling an email to go out at a later date.

You can do a simple note for the police to find and a more elaborate one for each person you want to have one.

I've already made my reasons to my family in a couple months and a few for my sister on her birthdays. All just telling them to not take my end as a reason to give up and my end wasn't their fault.

• Love
Reactions: Tionally
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
Why not just write one note and divide it into sections dedicated to certain people?

Tionally

Tionally

bored
Jul 5, 2023
There is also "Future Me" or scheduling an email to go out at a later date.

You can do a simple note for the police to find and a more elaborate one for each person you want to have one.

I've already made my reasons to my family in a couple months and a few for my sister on her birthdays. All just telling them to not take my end as a reason to give up and my end wasn't their fault.
Oh, thanks! That could be useful. Sending them right before ctb is probably not the best idea because there is a higher chance of being found while ctbing I guess
Why not just write one note and divide it into sections dedicated to certain people?
I'm probably not going to do it because I'm writing about things other people probably shouldn't see. I guess I could write to most of my friends in one note but I would definitely have to write separate note to one of my friends. I don't think he would want other people to read some of the paragraphs I have written. I guess it also feels more personal if there's a separate letter?? I probably will copy some of the things to all letters like generalized reasons to why I choose to CTB etc.

Last edited:
SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
Oh, thanks! That could be useful. Sending them right before ctb is probably not the best idea because there is a higher chance of being found while ctbing I guess

I'm probably not going to do it because I'm writing about things other people probably shouldn't see. I guess I could write to most of my friends in one note but I would definitely have to write separate note to one of my friends. I don't think he would want other people to read some of the paragraphs I have written. I guess it also feels more personal if there's a separate letter?? I probably will copy some of the things to all letters like generalized reasons to why I choose to CTB etc.
"Future me" lets you set the notes up to years away! It says it's going to "you", but you can change that to someone's email. You can select the day you want it to go to them. Don't have to worry about you getting caught cbt and can do it in peace. As it should be.

D

depressedteddybear

Jul 30, 2023
I'm using chat gpt to write mine I told it to write a combination goodbye and apology letter