アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
The existence of allowing people to have a dignified death has existed for an indefinite amount of time. I'm even positive that it has existed in the ancient times or at least, something along the lines of letting someone die instead of condemning them to endless suffering. It's baffling how we have come to this point where people are debating about if whether it should be legalized or not knowing very well that the reality of treatment resistant agony is an undeniable component of this world and of many peoples' lives. Unfortunately, in these debates, the only views being challenged are the ones that are clearly more valid, those of the pro-choice people. So, it is a bad idea to count on VAD the way we envision it to be being legalized any time soon…

What is even worse is that the people who WANT TO LIVE and who HAVEN'T EXPERIENCED ANYTHING REMOTELY AS HORRIBLE AS WHAT WE EXPERIENCE are in charge of all of these things which just brings into light how nonsensical all of their statements are. This society's decency is just decreasing over the years..

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, ayaneechan and 8 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I just find it so disgusting how the right to die is even something to debate, it's inhumane how assisted suicide isn't legalised everywhere. It's not even legal at all for anyone where I live and I cannot imagine it ever being, where I live is very anti-suicide despite the fact that we exist in a world where there is unlimited potential to suffer endlessly. It's so hellish trying to make someone a prisoner to this existence until they die anyway, I hate how suicide is so unnecessarily difficult.

Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, ayaneechan, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
P

PracheenKaal_00!

Student
Aug 22, 2023
The existence of allowing people to have a dignified death has existed for an indefinite amount of time. I'm even positive that it has existed in the ancient times or at least, something along the lines of letting someone die instead of condemning them to endless suffering. It's baffling how we have come to this point where people are debating about if whether it should be legalized or not knowing very well that the reality of treatment resistant agony is an undeniable component of this world and of many peoples' lives. Unfortunately, in these debates, the only views being challenged are the ones that are clearly more valid, those of the pro-choice people. So, it is a bad idea to count on VAD the way we envision it to be being legalized any time soon…
My honest and serious thoughts regarding this:

It (VAD) should be allowed for the mentally ill. At least if they have tried all options and nothing has worked. It's just cruel to expect them to continue living due to others delusions.
The contemporary society will brutally mock, bully mentally ill people, along with treating them like an dangerous outcast. Yet, the general populace talks about suicide prevention when they indirectly aid suicides. How ironic and hypocritical. We talk about patchworks, band-aid solutions, but we never address the root cause, and how to solve it.

To the folks who brutally ''ill-treat'' the mentally ill (in a social manner etc.), yet talk about suicide prevention, y'all have no fucking right to talk about suicide prevention you damn bloody hypocritical idiots.
You people directly or indirectly push them to commit suicide, call them weak etc. Yet y'all same damned bloody hypocrites talk about suicide prevention.

VAD should be legal and fully optional to those suffering from mental illnesses (at-least for the severely mentally ill, for those who tried all options but nothing worked).
VAD should be legal for the terminally ill, and for those in vegetative state. Also, it has to be ensured that their loved ones cannot overturn their decision under any circumstances.

I understand that there could be some concerns regarding VAD, along with the implications of it. But legalize it ffs. Too much time has been already wasted by debating about VAD.
By not allowing / legalizing the option of VAD, y'all are virtually imprisoning us. Also, y'all will push people to use more barbaric methods so that they can escape their suffering.

You never know what is truly going on in a person's life. So I say let them choose and let us respect their final choices without trying to stop them or be hypocritical about it.
Until the day society accepts the reality and comes out of their delusions (which I sadly doubt will happen, at-least in the distant future), y'all will never be able to solve the issues that you want to really solve once and for all.

befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
VAD for mentally ill people is possible in some countries.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
VAD for mentally ill people is possible in some countries.
I am aware of this but it is absurd how legalizing it in more countries and the acceptance of it is still being debated about.
It (VAD) should be allowed for the mentally ill. At least if they have tried all options and nothing has worked.
This is very true. Actually, this should be the only requirement that should be met to be accepted into VAD. Everything else should be granted to someone at birth.

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
The general debate about the right to VAD will never end, not even in this forum:
There will always be people who are against the right to a self-determined death.

• Informative
Reactions: ksp and アホペンギン
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
The general debate about the right to VAD will never end, not even in this forum:
There will always be people who are against the right to a self-determined death.
Thats a good point, people can get away with murder if AS exists but there will still be a way made to prevent that from happening if AS ever becomes a reality.

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
personally don't understand their train of thought aside from the fact that they want to make money and want the image of being 'holier than thou'. don't they know that their tax dollars will have to go to welfare, medicare,
social security and others programs i'm not even aware of. the big guys don't mind because they don't pay the taxes they should be paying anyway. this can all go to the ones that want to live even though they are suffering.
people who want to ctb will not be a productive member of society but they/we are giving them an easy way out. not to mention that it should be our born right to do with our lives as we wish.

side note: not sure if vad is what you mean. it's not cheap at all and i've read too many threads where some couldn't afford a rope.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
side note: not sure if vad is what you mean. it's not cheap at all and i've read too many threads where some couldn't afford a rope.
I meant something related to that like euthanasia or assisted suicide, just started writing because I was angry and used VAD without thinking.

Reactions: ksp and MyChoiceAlone
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
For one thing, mental suffering is much harder to empathize with physical suffering. For someone who hasn't had to deal with these things it is much easier for to imagine how being blind or paralyzed for example impact your quality of life than mental health problems. There doesn't tend to be an obvious "point of no return" where any improvement is completely ruled out.

Last edited:
Reactions: ksp, rationaltake and アホペンギン
befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
I meant something related to that like euthanasia or assisted suicide, just started writing because I was angry and used VAD without thinking.
No matter what, VAD by associations, assisted suicide by private individuals or self-performed suicide, there will always be people who are against any form of self-determined dying. I don't understand what the problem of these people is.

Last edited:
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
For one thing, mental suffering is much harder to empathize with physical suffering. For someone who hasn't had to deal with these things it is much easier for to imagine how being blind or paralyzed for example impact your quality of life than mental health problems.
True, it is much easier to understand to what extent someone is suffering if it is clear that they are suffering because its physical. That is why only those who suffer frkm debilitating illnesses and are predicted to die very soon and given the right to die a dignified death. But even then, there are people who intend to not even allow those who are very clearly suffering die. For example, some pro-lifers are against turning off life support on someone who is paralyzed and suffering. It's ridiculous.
No matter what, VAD by associations, assisted suicide by private individuals or self-performed suicide, there will always be people who are against any form of self-determined dying. I don't understand what the problem of these people is.
I don't understand what is wrong with them as well, they haven't experienced anything nearly as agonizing as what those who they are trying to strip the rights of face and yet they are still against suicide, without knowing how beneficial it would be to many.

• Hugs
Reactions: MyChoiceAlone and ksp
jbear824

jbear824

F*ck humanity. Let's end this.
Jul 4, 2023
I don't agree with forcing mentally ill people to have to seek treatment before allowing them to ctb. Especially when we allow people with cancer to refuse treatment. Why should the mentally ill be forced to endure even more suffering? Also who gets to determine if it's "severe" enough? A neurotypical person? Hell no, fuck that.

We all have the right to die when we want and for any reason and no one can say otherwise. Our bodies and lives belong to us. Not the gov. It's just disgusting that govs would rather force their citizens to use violent and painful methods instead of offering people a peaceful way out.

Gatekeeping death is shitty, no matter how you spin it.

Reactions: Immensevoid, MyChoiceAlone, ksp and 2 others
ayaneechan

ayaneechan

Angelic Demon
May 7, 2023
I hate society for not respecting the right to die, I'm in Italy

Here someone has started to take signatures, to make a referendum to make euthanasia legal, they have enough signatures. Just government etc, not want it and blocked that somehow. That's really shit, they not want to give ppl dignity

Another shitty problem, I can CTB it should be my right, I would do it from myself, why TF should I cause problems to someone else doing it? It's totally illogic till nobody told me to do it etc, but if I actually do it I would cause legal problems to anyone.
Someone can ask me, why. It's simple I told my psychiatrist that I actually want to CTB, I told it to my family etc.

This Monday when I told it to my psychiatrist again, he was literally trembling/shaking. He was totally scared, cuz what I got about is that my psychiatrist can go to jail if I tell him I want to CTB and I actually do it. After I told, but I can actually wait some months to do it, he literally stopped trembling/shaking and had a small smile on his face. I talked about this to a IRL friend yesterday, she told me that normal, cuz he's the first one going to jail if I CTB.
And my family can go to jail too, it's about how they treat me about transition. What I hate more is, they can treat me like shit, nothing happens. Just if I CTB then something happens to them cuz they do so.

I not understand this society, what is the purpose of not really helping? What's the purpose of punishing others for what I want to do? Society should try to help or punish them, before something actually CTB, after it's totally useless.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu and アホペンギン