RomaineLettuce

RomaineLettuce

only 8 calories per cup
Jan 22, 2023
my parents have spent all this money taking care of me and dealing with my incompetence.
i can't do anything right and i feel like i'm getting more retarded as life goes on. i hate how empty my head is.
i'm an only child too so they can't pass on anything if i CTB.
all of my peers have surpassed me in every way and i can't catch up.
something is fundamentally wrong with me and i wish my parents could start over so they could have had a better child.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: PaxAmerica, Tmbass, Aya&Dazy and 2 others
M

missingpeace

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2023
I'm sort of in a similar situation, have a sickness in which my mental competency is declining which is not according to my family's expectations because apparently medication and time is supposed to make everything better.. well it's not, and my ctb date is coming closer.. of course, it's not easy to disappoint them, but what can you do, this is where we are at. Everybody else's life will carry on but our fates are something else.
I hope there is a way for your family to make peace with what is happening to you right now.

AngryDog

AngryDog

Mar 2, 2023
Hey there. I know how it feels when you can't meet expectations and end up feeling worthless. Don't beat yourself too hard. It's better to go at your own pace and get better one step at the time. You're not stupid for that. Try not to focus too much in how other people are doing. I know, easier said than done, but it should be enough to improve yourself, rather than trying to catch up with your peers. The brain is very shitty at building out self esteem sometimes.

I wish you to have a nice day.

RomaineLettuce

RomaineLettuce

only 8 calories per cup
Jan 22, 2023
I'm sort of in a similar situation, have a sickness in which my mental competency is declining which is not according to my family's expectations because apparently medication and time is supposed to make everything better.. well it's not, and my ctb date is coming closer.. of course, it's not easy to disappoint them, but what can you do, this is where we are at. Everybody else's life will carry on but our fates are something else.
I hope there is a way for your family to make peace with what is happening to you right now.
i don't think my family will ever make peace with what's wrong with me.
one can hope.
Hey there. I know how it feels when you can't meet expectations and end up feeling worthless. Don't beat yourself too hard. It's better to go at your own pace and get better one step at the time. You're not stupid for that. Try not to focus too much in how other people are doing. I know, easier said than done, but it should be enough to improve yourself, rather than trying to catch up with your peers. The brain is very shitty at building out self esteem sometimes.

I wish you to have a nice day.
thank you for the kind words of advice, they mean a lot.
i hope you have a nice day as well.

Reactions: AngryDog