Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
Working for shitty pay, having to work anyway to survive, and the fact that the things I wish I had are pretty far from me.

The worst of all is that the culture of overexertion is so ingrained among us, I said that I do not like to work and the others were terribly offended because they were educated under the culture of work

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: hellispink, setmefreeyeah, Depressed Cat and 9 others
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
Honestly, this whole "people don't want to work" pejorative makes me laugh. Like, no shit, Sherlock! I'd say many, if not most people don't want to work. If all these complaining people wanted to work so very very badly themselves, then why did they retire and move to Florida to pursue their fun hobbies or start drinking?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: hellispink, Depressed Cat, Crazy4u and 4 others
R

Roseate

Arcanist
Mar 24, 2021
Working for shitty pay, having to work anyway to survive, and the fact that the things I wish I had are pretty far from me.

The worst of all is that the culture of overexertion is so ingrained among us, I said that I do not like to work and the others were terribly offended because they were educated under the culture of work
And it's like no matter how much you work, it's never enough.

• Hugs
Reactions: hellispink, Depressed Cat, Crazy4u and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think that for many people working can be very depressing and stressful, we are forced to exist and we have all these pressures and expectations placed on us. Humans are just slaves to the society. I'm sorry that you are suffering.

• Hugs
Reactions: hellispink, Depressed Cat, onlyanimalsaregood and 2 others
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
to be honest I do respect the people who are bringing food and products to my door. I just wish they were paid better with more off days. I don't like that we enrich a few CEO's at the expense of their hard workers. They didn't get to the top without them, and they shouldn't be belittling them. Big Corporations and Governments seem to serve the needs of the few while leaving the rest behind. It's not right in this day and age, especially with all the technology we have. Greed is not Good.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Depressed Cat, onlyanimalsaregood, Crazy4u and 1 other person
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
I hear you. I feel less suicidal on Saturday and Sunday because I have more time to rest. I wish I could work less and get paid more

• Hugs
Reactions: Depressed Cat, onlyanimalsaregood and Roseate
T

Traksae

Apr 29, 2022
Having to work is a major reason I want to ctb. I've been pursuing financial independence and just when I was about to achieve it everything fell apart. Now I am trapped and feel I can't live off my current savings alone.

Reactions: Fadeawaaaay