RoseGarden

RoseGarden

Alone & Unloved
Apr 10, 2024
I swear some people are worse than jesus freaks when it comes to mental health. They learn i'm depressed/traumatized/etc and it becomes times to evangelize their pet mental health treatment. diet and exercise. specific meditations. sleep patters. emdr. whatever else they can think of, and when you tell them you've tried it and it hasn't worked they get super defensive. I had one girl tell me it's ok to be sad but if i'm depressed I should have a therapist, when I told her about my experiences with therapists she just insisted i haven't found the right one.

and as a side not i have 0 fucking tolerance for people who claim to be supportive of others mental health but start talking shit about people when they stop being "cutesy and trendy" depressed and become "breaking down at 2am and attempting suicide" depressed

Reactions: murmur, Ghostgirl, LastLoveSong and 13 others
thealteredmind

thealteredmind

Student
Apr 2, 2024
"yeah but you haven't tried bioenergetics therapy while punching a big ball and accepting that the real problem is your parents!!!"

I hate it.

Reactions: murmur, J&L383, Trav1989 and 2 others
T

Trav1989

Jun 2, 2024
I swear some people are worse than jesus freaks when it comes to mental health. They learn i'm depressed/traumatized/etc and it becomes times to evangelize their pet mental health treatment. diet and exercise. specific meditations. sleep patters. emdr. whatever else they can think of, and when you tell them you've tried it and it hasn't worked they get super defensive. I had one girl tell me it's ok to be sad but if i'm depressed I should have a therapist, when I told her about my experiences with therapists she just insisted i haven't found the right one.

and as a side not i have 0 fucking tolerance for people who claim to be supportive of others mental health but start talking shit about people when they stop being "cutesy and trendy" depressed and become "breaking down at 2am and attempting suicide" depressed

Yeah, best to not bring up your mental health to anyone unless your anonymous, otherwise you get put through so many hoops it's like a dozen-ring circus and your options to CTB become few and far between so you end up stuck with no other choice than to live. My ex-wife tried to kill herself once by overdosing and then told her mother and the next thing you know she was attending weekly therapy sessions, put on a bunch of mood stabilizers, would get calls daily to check up on her, and racked up so many medical bills they totaled over $5,000 in a single year.

Reactions: divinemistress36
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Mage
Apr 15, 2024
I had one girl tell me it's ok to be sad but if i'm depressed I should have a therapist, when I told her about my experiences with therapists she just insisted i haven't found the right one.
Yes, this is a mix of the no true scotsman, goalpost and circular reasoning fallacies. If something didn't work for you, it must have been because you didn't "do it right", lol. So it still all works... somewhere out there.

Reactions: murmur and J&L383
RoseGarden

RoseGarden

Alone & Unloved
Apr 10, 2024
Yes, this is a mix of the no true scotsman, goalpost and circular reasoning fallacies. If something didn't work for you, it must have been because you didn't "do it right", lol. So it still all works... somewhere out there.
exactly. I spent six sessions with my last therapist where he INSISTED I'm trans because:

1. I had sex with men
2. I had a bad relationship with my dad
3. I didn't have any strong male role models
4. I "lusted after my mother"

He was fucking insane. I quit mid session after the last one and reported him to the board. He worked in the same office building as me for a while which was anxiety inducing as fuck

Reactions: murmur
Infinite Solipsist

Infinite Solipsist

Jun 20, 2024
I agree most people are totally clueless about mental health (some WAY MORE than others) but what kind of response are you wanting? Most people will instinctively try to offer (usually misguided) solutions and I don't think you can really blame them. I know I can be guilty of this too but I think that's because my IRL social skills garbage.

I've noticed most therapists tend to be severely mentally ill themselves. The successful ones just happen to be better at hiding it, that's all.

........................ have you tried getting high ?

Reactions: imnot_bunni
F

freedom

Jun 25, 2024

You are born alone and die alone and will be dead infinitely longer than being alive. There is nothing wrong with choosing life or death-it's just a choice. Societal views and opinions will change throughout time as they always do.

Reactions: DeIetedUser4739
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Mage
Apr 15, 2024
exactly. I spent six sessions with my last therapist where he INSISTED I'm trans because:

1. I had sex with men
2. I had a bad relationship with my dad
3. I didn't have any strong male role models
4. I "lusted after my mother"

He was fucking insane. I quit mid session after the last one and reported him to the board. He worked in the same office building as me for a while which was anxiety inducing as fuck
Freudianism at its worst!

Reactions: murmur