R

raccoon

Aug 20, 2019
I'm done with school and family and having to get out of the house. I just wanna lay in bed and sleep all day. I've wanted to run away from life before, but I got nothing. No money, no plans, nowhere to go. Just some huge student debt. And there's no point. It won't change how I'm feeling, it'll just make it worse. I don't want to die, I'm scared of killing myself. But there's nothing else I can do.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, StillWaiting, 262653 and 4 others
Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
We all want to stay in bed all day but work and life stops this. This is not a reason to end your life. As you said you don't want to die so then don't. Get a part time job and earn some money while studying. Life is how you make it.

Reactions: Coolchicka, vonvonwantpeace and JimFord99
JimFord99

JimFord99

Enlightened
Aug 18, 2019
Not really a reason that CTB, it can be sorted as Rachel said.

Reactions: vonvonwantpeace
Wolfjob_dayjob

Wolfjob_dayjob

Student
Oct 19, 2018
I think any reason is a "valid" reason to feeling these feelings. I am sorry you are here, life can feel hopeless and painful...alienating at every turn..

Reactions: Élégie, alexithymia, vonvonwantpeace and 4 others
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
i feel the same way, truly. student debt, loans, no money, still in school though, trying to get better, to recover, get my grades up. Closest friends who were my support systems, gone. im alone truly.

people can say "just get a job, work". it truly isnt that easy. it really isnt. these things from face value such as money can see like they can be solved just like that. but critically speaking, theres more to it than whats presented to you at face value. my mental states a disaster, i physically feel like detoriating. because of my anxiety, and sadness, i cant even go two days of school and course workload alone. i feel absolutely exhausted and emotionally drained, and putting work ontop of that would ruin me right now. but with no money, i literally see no other choice.

i hope you find the solutions to you're problems, wish you feel better and find peace.

Reactions: Deleted member 14573, StillWaiting and Wolfjob_dayjob
JimFord99

JimFord99

Enlightened
Aug 18, 2019
I think any reason is a "valid" reason to feeling these feelings. I am sorry you are here, life can feel hopeless and painful...alienating at every turn..
Some things can be sorted and don't have to end in suicide. Student debt are a common issue, however, I wonder, studying abroad can be a cheaper option. Here in the UK it is bloody expensive to study. If you look at other countries like Switzerland andGermany, it is fairly cheap over there. Mind though the language barrier. So, yeah, I can understand why student live can be lonely and depressing, but really, no need to end your life.

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I'm done with school and family and having to get out of the house. I just wanna lay in bed and sleep all day. I've wanted to run away from life before, but I got nothing. No money, no plans, nowhere to go. Just some huge student debt. And there's no point. It won't change how I'm feeling, it'll just make it worse. I don't want to die, I'm scared of killing myself. But there's nothing else I can do.

I thought that I would never say this, but if you really don't want to die and you are AFRAID of killing yourself then you really need professional help.

JimFord99

JimFord99

Enlightened
Aug 18, 2019
Well, don't we just all need professional help (if there is such a thing)

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Well, don't we just all need professional help (if there is such a thing)

Not all of us here are ctbing over mental illness. I'm the most depressed and anxious I've ever been in my life but that is for good reason!

Reactions: JimFord99
JimFord99

JimFord99

Enlightened
Aug 18, 2019
Some can handle it better than others. Guess you are right, not all CTBing because of mental illness.

L

LonelyCarioca

Sep 11, 2019
I thought that I would never say this, but if you really don't want to die and you are AFRAID of killing yourself then you really need professional help.
I agree with this. Saying you don't want to die sounds more like you haven't given up on yourself and on life and maybe are just confused about the next steps you take. Have you tried seeing a therapist? It's not for everyone and you do have to find a "good fit" but I do think it might be a good way to give you a different perspective and maybe see some solutions you can't see now.

• Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
Wolfjob_dayjob

Wolfjob_dayjob

Student
Oct 19, 2018
OP before others make it into a grandstand about who deserves to be sad, you could check out the recovery forums. I am sorry you're here, but some of us on the forum are giving life another shot and will cheer you on of you want to start clawing your way into more bearable life! I second therapy or student resources. We had student resources at my school and I know more than a few overly stressed friends were able to get deadlines and stuff pushed back- you need admins who care and who want to help you. I avoided therapy for 15 years now I'm trying one...(but not being too honest to get locked up..)

Reactions: MercuryAce

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Yes, yes. You don't deserve to die, and stuff like that. Damn politics, I can't even voice my opinion. That's what you get for being a weakling... can't get your way without cunning and deception.

StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
Wanting to escape from everything isn't a invalid reason wanting to ctb. But you have already said that you don't want to die yet, that probably means you aren't ready yet. Maybe give yourself a little more time to think about it.

• Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob