Eternity

Eternity

Apr 24, 2020
I'm so mad.

I'm just in my late twenties and I was motivated to follow therapy for 11 years. I tried so many different therapies, pills and therapists/psychiatrists.
In the end, I just turned out sicker than I once was. This last half year has been the hardest time in my life and they sectioned me last year because I lost hope and was about to CTB (and made a mistake by admitting it to my psych).

I can't keep a job, I can't function normally. Even with adjustments. There's nothing left :(

After all this time, there are no treatment options for me anymore. The only thing they can offer is CBT or psychotherapy once a week. Lol.
But they just keep telling me it al gets better and that I will have a happy and bright future as long as I keep going to (a pointless) therapy and take my meds.
They're so full of shit, really. Wish they were honest to me.

Sorry, I just had to vent. Anyone else who has experience with having no treatment options left or just therapy?

(I do not want to discourage anyone to seek help. I saw also a lot of people getting better after therapy, so it can work out. Just not for me)

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: symphony, Crazy4u, OpheliasFlowers and 4 others
sharky

sharky

Lost
Dec 15, 2021
Same. Been in therapy for 3 years and my mental health got worse and worse. Not necessarily because of therapy, but because my personal and work life has been shit, but therapy isn't a cure. It made me think about some things from different perspectives. I think it made me wiser perhaps, but in no way less depressed

My therapist is pretty good, she doesn't say that it will get better but encourages me to try other options first but understands my wish to ctb. She doesn't judge me. Sadly i feel bad for admitting to her that I want to ctb because i think she might feel bad or that she failed me. I also read that if a patient takes its life, it can have lasting effects on the therapists. So yeah. I think they're just humans and wanna help you, but i guess some more than others

• Hugs
Reactions: AQUA
AQUA

AQUA

Headstone
Dec 2, 2020
I'm so mad.

I'm just in my late twenties and I was motivated to follow therapy for 11 years. I tried so many different therapies, pills and therapists/psychiatrists.
In the end, I just turned out sicker than I once was. This last half year has been the hardest time in my life and they sectioned me last year because I lost hope and was about to CTB (and made a mistake by admitting it to my psych).

I can't keep a job, I can't function normally. Even with adjustments. There's nothing left :(

After all this time, there are no treatment options for me anymore. The only thing they can offer is CBT or psychotherapy once a week. Lol.
But they just keep telling me it al gets better and that I will have a happy and bright future as long as I keep going to (a pointless) therapy and take my meds.
They're so full of shit, really. Wish they were honest to me.

Sorry, I just had to vent. Anyone else who has experience with having no treatment options left or just therapy?

(I do not want to discourage anyone to seek help. I saw also a lot of people getting better after therapy, so it can work out. Just not for me)
It would be nice if after really trying to get better and improve your life for years and years with little to no improvement, they didn't just offer the same recovery methods that have been proven inadequate for the person.

Einstein defined insanity as "…doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

God, I can't wait for euthanasia laws to change!!

Reactions: OpheliasFlowers and Hollowman
Aeathelina

Aeathelina

Little Homeless Girl
Feb 5, 2020
I was seeing a therapist for my alcoholism and MMD issues but over time I grew too jaded to continue. I couldn;t keep believing in the words of affrimation or trying to have a positive outlook on life because it all felt like lip service and nothing was really changing or getting better.
Still broke and still mentally unstable

• Hugs
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers
RealLostSoul

RealLostSoul

once rock bottom, always rock bottom
Oct 11, 2019
Some are just destined to be this way. I am also not getting any younger and shit's still the same as it was years ago. I am long not a teen anymore but still the same misery present as when I was 17. Therapy for 5 years now, doing worse than ever. Fuck life

D

Dude1983

Jan 8, 2020
why would sum1 need a therapist? They need to eat, so they always going to find so issue with ur mental health, and no1 knows your problems better than yourself .
My mom sent me to therapists when I was teenager, soon I understood who needed threatment was my mom not me and that therapists are useless.