• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

shrusho

shrusho

Nov 28, 2021
i usually only come to this site when i'm at my lowest, but i'm going through such a massive milestone in my life right now that i feel the need to share just because i've relied on this site for a good chunk of my life
basically, i'm moving out with my boyfriend within the next month and it's such an exhilarating feeling. i'm just so excited to be with him every day, having time to myself, making art and being able to learn how to cook etc. it's also a big deal to me as i never ever could have expected i'd make it this far.

i've been depressed since age 10 and suicidal since 11, and i genuinely could never believed there could be anything or anyone who could pull me out of this mess. i had planned to kill myself at age 16, which i instead ended up spending with this same boy that i'm moving in with after these few amazing years spent together. he showed me so much love, and i knew i couldn't bring myself to hurt him by hurting myself, which is why i decided to stay around a little longer and i'm really happy i did. some part of me believes i died and went to heaven and just don't remember it or something because i just feel so good in comparison to how i used to (i guess this is what normal ppl feel like)

there are still times where i feel really shitty but they've become a LOT more infrequent and a LOT lighter. im nicer to myself and actually have goals and shit which is a first. i hope this feeling stays for the rest of my life even after we've been living together for a while. i am generally a positive person and i think if i want to stay happy i will :) thank you to my amazing boyfriend who i love more than anyone has loved anything ever.

• Love
  • Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, CC123, viljalauss and 15 others
M

Mi Mi

No One Special
Mar 18, 2024
i usually only come to this site when i'm at my lowest, but i'm going through such a massive milestone in my life right now that i feel the need to share just because i've relied on this site for a good chunk of my life
basically, i'm moving out with my boyfriend within the next month and it's such an exhilarating feeling. i'm just so excited to be with him every day, having time to myself, making art and being able to learn how to cook etc. it's also a big deal to me as i never ever could have expected i'd make it this far.

i've been depressed since age 10 and suicidal since 11, and i genuinely could never believed there could be anything or anyone who could pull me out of this mess. i had planned to kill myself at age 16, which i instead ended up spending with this same boy that i'm moving in with after these few amazing years spent together. he showed me so much love, and i knew i couldn't bring myself to hurt him by hurting myself, which is why i decided to stay around a little longer and i'm really happy i did. some part of me believes i died and went to heaven and just don't remember it or something because i just feel so good in comparison to how i used to (i guess this is what normal ppl feel like)

there are still times where i feel really shitty but they've become a LOT more infrequent and a LOT lighter. im nicer to myself and actually have goals and shit which is a first. i hope this feeling stays for the rest of my life even after we've been living together for a while. i am generally a positive person and i think if i want to stay happy i will :) thank you to my amazing boyfriend who i love more than anyone has loved anything ever.
I'm so happy for you
Yes
Share your joy
Here's a little advice from a old woman
If your able to save money
Never tell him
That way if an emergency pops up
You can say you took out a loan or something
This little advice helped me tremendously
Best wishes and enjoy these moments ❤️

• Love
Reactions: katyusha_kat, divinemistress36, Praestat_Mori and 4 others
Josh007

Josh007

🤓
Nov 30, 2020
Congrats 🎉

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and shrusho
ColorlessTrees

ColorlessTrees

Stuck
Jan 4, 2022
That's awesome. I can understand just how much such love & freedom means after so much hell. I hope this happiness only continues to climb for you. ❤️

• Love
Reactions: shrusho and Lostandlooking
viljalauss

viljalauss

he/they 21
Aug 22, 2023

trying to resist the urge to keysmash i am so so happy for you :)))

also am in a very similar situation. though i have been living with my boyfriend (and other people) intermittently for the past 2 years, it is only hopefully hopefully soon that i will be able to move out with him without ever having to go back to my parents. we were talking about it a few days ago and the fact that it was a realistic hope (and that it finally felt that way to me) meant it felt for the first time in forever that my days weren't numbered and i could just. enjoy them with him (i started being depressed/suicidal roughly the same age as you). and have goals and such as well!
point of that was Not to make this about me, rather just to express how happy i am for you!! it sounds like you are so relieved. also cooking is so good i hope you have fun cooking and being creative with it :D

slamjoetry

slamjoetry

Longs to be freed
Apr 19, 2024
Congratulations! Very happy for you. Just make sure you're very, very careful about your financial decisions from here on. I was in a hurry to move out and did it before I was prepared or knowledgeable about being totally independent and kinda fucked my life up. Being with your boyfriend should definitely help though. Hoping for the best for you.