Sans

Sans

Protesting the conditions of an inhumane world
Oct 2, 2019
Usually, whenever someone asks how I am, I just say I'm fine. But the problem is, I'm not actually fine. I feel like shit almost constantly. I say I am because otherwise people become paranoid. Last time I opened up about my feelings I got thrown out of school for being suicidal. I don't want to have to tell this lie. I want it to be the truth, or at the very least be able to say how I really feel without being sent into a psych ward.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, sadgirl2002, suicidal_joe and 10 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Society is virtue signalling when they say that people should get "help" in reality friends/family get annoyed when we talk about suicide and if any government worker get a wif of it you get punished. In this thread there is a picture that I think it pretty damn accurate to this.

Reactions: Élégie, Fragile and Tom9999
Tom9999

Tom9999

I've suffered enough.
Aug 27, 2019
Usually, whenever someone asks how I am, I just say I'm fine. But the problem is, I'm not actually fine. I feel like shit almost constantly. I say I am because otherwise people become paranoid. Last time I opened up about my feelings I got thrown out of school for being suicidal. I don't want to have to tell this lie. I want it to be the truth, or at the very least be able to say how I really feel without being sent into a psych ward.

I am totally with you on this. I hate responding with "Fine" when it's a total lie and a self-betrayal - it stings.

So I've resorted to making some neutral or positive impersonal mundane response like

"Nice and warm today."
"I'm enjoying this coffee."
"I watched a great movie last night called (whatever) - have you seen it?"
"What's up with you?"

Usually people don't point out I didn't answer their question. If they do, I know they are being sincere and so might choose to share something real about how I am.

Reactions: 262653
devil

devil

Jun 22, 2019
I know exactly how you feel and it fucking sucks.
You get so frustrated because you want to tell people
the truth because keeping everything all to yourself makes
it so much harder, but then as soon as you say the truth you
get locked up in the psych ward without anyone even hearing
what you have to say. It feels like no one cares how you feel and
honestly i'm starting to believe it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tom9999
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
If I came across someone who was an associate rather than a friend, let's say at a social event with drinks who you didn't want to talk to. When they came for a bit of brown nosing suck up, I used to start the 'moaning'. They don't hang around long. So sometimes telling the truth works in limited situations

L

LonelyCarioca

Sep 11, 2019
I really understand this feeling. My go to answer is "I'm fine" or "I'm doing okay". It's a lie and I know deep down I'm a mess, but at this point I'm just going through the motions. I find that a lot of (not all) people don't really care how you're feeling. We say we're fine or good or okay because that's what's expected of us by society.

So, truthfully, I'm not fine, I'm not okay. But it's all good because my bus is arriving soon anyway! :wink: