Anxieyote

Anxieyote

Sobriety over everything else • 30 • Midwest
Mar 24, 2021
Does anyone deal with psychosis? I feel an episode coming on, and I don't want to be alone.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: ChangeWaiter, Worr1some, nolongersuicidal? and 7 others
BornToFail

BornToFail

Experienced
Sep 9, 2022
hi, I hope you feel better. I don't deal with psychosis but I have OCD, Bipolar, and Autism. I'm sorry.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hollowillow and CTB Dream
Anxieyote

Anxieyote

Mar 24, 2021
hi, I hope you feel better. I don't deal with psychosis but I have OCD, Bipolar, and Autism. I'm sorry.
No problem! I'm trying to calm down atm, and I feel like I'm making some progress. When it hits me, it hits hard, but I have some coping mechanisms that may be able to help me. Your reply is appreciated though. Most importantly, I don't want to feel alone, so your comment helps me know that I'm not by myself during this.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: wljourney, Hollowillow, CTB Dream and 1 other person
flightless bird

flightless bird

somewhere over the rainbow
Aug 18, 2022
Could you describe the nature of your psychosis? In any case, you're gonna have to get some antipsychotics.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
H

Hope:-)

Enlightened
Jul 3, 2022
I had medication induced psychosis which isn't quite the same thing, (unless yours too is caused by medication.)
Things I found helpful-
Don't stare at any images you see
Think 'how likely is this to be true really?'
Distract yourself- play tetris online, anything really
Try to sleep
Eat something
Drink a lot of water
Do something nice for yourself- have a cup of tea or a hot chocolate or something.

Stuff like that xx

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Worr1some and CTB Dream
Anxieyote

Anxieyote

Mar 24, 2021
Could you describe the nature of your psychosis? In any case, you're gonna have to get some antipsychotics.
Seeing some wolves in front of me, like they're following me. I don't have any anti-psychotics but I just need to calm down mainly. Everything is getting blurry

• Hugs
Reactions: Worr1some and CTB Dream
flightless bird

flightless bird

Aug 18, 2022
Seeing some wolves in front of me, like they're following me. I don't have any anti-psychotics but I just need to calm down mainly. Everything is getting blurry
I would recommend quetiapine. It should remove the hallucinations right away and calm you down. You will immediately notice the changes in your sleep quality. Start with 50mg a day, see what happens.

• Hugs
Reactions: rainbowbright and CTB Dream
Anxieyote

Anxieyote

Mar 24, 2021
I would recommend quetiapine. It should remove the hallucinations right away and calm you down. You will immediately notice the changes in your sleep quality. Start with 50mg a day, see what happens.
Ok. I'll try that. I'm just feeling really panicky atm, but I'm calming down

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Hollowillow and CTB Dream
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
Hi there - it is of course ultimately YOUR OWN CHOICE whether you want to take any drugs or not.
Is this something you've dealt with before and are there particular things you're afraid of happening? Are you living in an ok place, are you alone there or have people with you?

• Hugs
Reactions: Venus13 and CTB Dream
B

Blackroom_57

Student
Dec 25, 2021
Please take an antipsychotic of your choice. That's the only way the psychosis will go away in most cases.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
Hello @Anxieyote , I am very sorry that multiple people have shown up to this PRO-CHOICE site to try to tell you what you "need" to do. Rest assured that no one here has any power to compel you to do anything, and there ARE people here, listening, who will respect whatever you want to share with us about WHATEVER you decide to do. :heart:

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ChangeWaiter, Worr1some, Venus13 and 1 other person
Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
Hope you're doing okay @Anxieyote :heart:

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Anxieyote and CTB Dream
Y

Yiyo123

Apr 24, 2020
I have psychosis and I've been taking medications for years. I usually hear voices, see shadows, hear conversations, feel like someone or something is touching me (the scariest type), sometimes think someone is following me. When I have an episode I usually take a shower, play a video game, walk around the house listening to music or reading something to keep my mind occupied. It's a pretty bad feeling but that's how I manage the episodes. For me sleeping is scary because that's when I start to feel like someone is touching me. When that happens I need to take a second dose of medication.

I'm sorry you're feeling like this… hope this helps.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hollowillow
flightless bird

flightless bird

Aug 18, 2022
Hello @Anxieyote , I am very sorry that multiple people have shown up to this PRO-CHOICE site to try to tell you what you "need" to do. Rest assured that no one here has any power to compel you to do anything, and there ARE people here, listening, who will respect whatever you want to share with us about WHATEVER you decide to do. :heart:
Hello. I don't understand why you are sorry, but I told him he needed ap's because it is the only way to get rid of these episodes. If psychosis isn't treated in time, the episodes will just worsen and after a point the person's brain will become incurable due to the altered neurochemical formations in the supplementary motor area of the brain, which is the frontal lobe. There is libraries of scientific research on this and any trained professional would tell you the same. The hallucinations are caused by excessive dopamin activity and the AP I recommended will block the dopamine receptors. It will immediately stop the unwanted hallucinations.

I myself have suffered from such episodes for years, just FYI.

• Love
Reactions: Anxieyote, wljourney and rainbowbright
Hollowillow

Hollowillow

I want throat hugs & anime! Can't use chat pm me
Aug 7, 2022
Does anyone deal with psychosis? I feel an episode coming on, and I don't want to be alone.
*Holds you tight* I'm here...

I take B vitamins to prevent psychosis. They renew nerves & their protective coating. It causes psychosis to not eat enough. Burning energy require more. Stress too. I take a strong B complex 100 by jamieson, with a high dise of extra b12... 1200 instead if 100? Big.

With vitamin c (5 to 15g or more) & magnesium.

Reactive hypoglycemia can also cause psychosis. Greens, meat, slow to digest, full of vitamin c & b, helps the adrenals stabilizes blood sugar

Anemia too, by lack of oxygen carriers. B, c to absorb iron.

Lack of sleep... Maybe unrestful sleep if not eating the materials needed to heal during sleep. Or fircing your bidy to burn our with stimulants (coffee, cola...)

Toxic drugs. Antidepressants cause psychosis

Poisons... Allergies...

How do you feel? How does psychosis feels? Maybe someone hurt you and your brain is switching mode to kick their asses.

Maybe shock from trauma... Fight or flight has a 3rd option... Freeze.

Maybe seizures...

Rest well, pack leader *

Antidepressants cause psychosis... (And suicidal urges!) After trying to hide it for years, now pharma make people take antipsychotics too... Can they ALSO cause psychosis?

"Tardive psychosis is a term used to describe new psychotic symptoms that begin after you have been taking antipsychotics for a while. Some scientists believe that these symptoms may be caused by your medication, not your original illness returning. The word 'tardive' means that it's a delayed effect of the medication."

YES! ANTIPSYCHOTICS CAUSE PSYCHOSIS

Marketting genius, I can smell the money from here. Lame healer. And they taught the slaves to do each other pressure to take chemical straight jacket, instead to band together and revolt for freedom & better quality if life.

Did you know that they used to call bkack skaves who ran away mentally insane? Must be to not be grateful to their sadistic master.

Lobotomies, electrocutions... Such kindness. Such compassion. Kill me instead thank you.
I'd love to hallucinate wolves. I see insects.

Blurry vision can be from hypoglycemia (eat nuts as a snack) exhaustion...

When I panick and cry hysterically in physical agony all alone, I take 5g of vitamin C... 250mg of magnesium... It calms me fast. Coming here too. You should take B too for psychosis.

You sweet fluff *holds you gently* it will pass.

Avoid flashing games. They overwhelm the brain. Psychosis is probably seizures in different parts of the brain than what make people shake on the floor. I think getting high is getting seizures from poison too. Seizures in the happy parts of the brain... Until they break...

*Snuggles you* 🌻🐺
Please take an antipsychotic of your choice. That's the only way the psychosis will go away in most cases.
That's what psychiatry wants you to believe to have power over your helpless self... Denying your real needs while invalidating you.

Read my previous pists about the causes of psychosis. It's about filling needs & respecting limits.
That's what psychiatry wants you to believe to have power over your helpless self... Denying your real needs while invalidating you.

Read my previous pists about the causes of psychosis. It's about filling needs & respecting limits.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Worr1some
Venus13

Venus13

Experienced
Oct 2, 2022
What you did here is the best option for an oncoming episode of psychosis. When it hits you have to ground yourself, and I never found a way to do that other than to contact someone not in psychosis. You need an anchored person to pull you back to the ground and get some balance back to what's real and what isn't. Unfortunately someone is not always there, so to be that bitch, suicide hotlines/chats and potentially emergency services can be in our back pocket if psychosis induced bodily harm is not wanted. I know that's last resort given the consequences and lack of care on the phones/chats. I know for me I don't want to commit suicide in a state of psychosis, but it has the potential to bring you as close as you've been to it.

The thing about psychosis is it's not entirely unreal. It's like your boiling over stress, fears, traumas, agony manifesting in imaginary visions and sounds. I've had psychosis on and off all year. I'm new to the experience. I'm still learning to navigate it and figuring out what can be done about it and with it. You have me on your contact as gummie so if you ever need an anchor person reach out to me. I'm usually asleep early but if I'm up I can be there. If no one is available I recommend possibly engaging the senses to pull yourself back into your reality. Showers are my usually go to, but sitting in front of a fan with the air hitting the body or having a meal, anything that puts your focus back into the body and out of the conscious zone above and outside us? I don't know how to describe it.

Like I said I don't have many answers but I know what you went through and I hope you're able to get some rest and feel better :heart:

• Love
Reactions: Anxieyote, Hollowillow, rainbowbright and 1 other person
Hollowillow

Hollowillow

I want throat hugs & anime! Can't use chat pm me
Aug 7, 2022
I remember a yrick I had before figuring out the vitamin C (5g) and magnesium (250mg)

*Sits next you you and pets your coyote-ness, and whispers gently, slowing down at the end* shhhhh~

Gentle white noise & it brings me back to the moment... I listened to music non stop when going out. I used to sleep with pink noise, less high pitch than white. Like wind or waves. It burty noises that startle me, and my annoying ear tinnitus.

*Pets you gently*

I tell myself "don't worry about it" usually only have the thought if I'm not in imminent danger so I calmed down right away.