hikikomori-

hikikomori-

Sep 10, 2023
Honestly I am so bored of life. I'm only 29, but I feel like I've done most things that I wanted to do already. I have no idea how someone my age can want to live for another 30-40 years, it seems like hell to me.
I've watched so many movies, read so many books that nothing feels 'new' or 'fresh' anymore. When I watch another one I just think, this is the same shit as all the rest. Nothing surprises me anymore. Everything is boring now, when I do things that I used to enjoy they just feel like chores rather than hobbies. Work is repetitive, I couldn't stand it anymore before I left because of my health.
I was thinking of ctb on my 30th birthday next year because I'm so tired and bored of living and it's only going to get worse with health issues in aging. I already have so many health issues. The only thing keeping me from doing it is my dogs who are dependant on me, but if they go, I go.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: trove1080p, lack, Joarga and 20 others
Serial Experi Pain

Serial Experi Pain

I hate me more :P
Sep 12, 2023
that's a whole mood.

I keep trying to distract myself each and every day, but it all dulls in comparison to trying to keep up with all the hoops life has to jump through.

I'm bored and very tired.
I also want to say that as an agoraphobe with avoidant personality disorder... I love your name.

Reactions: trove1080p, Zegers, hikikomori- and 3 others
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Same, I can't even fathom living another 2 years at most. I don't know why people want to live another 30 or 40 years. I hate the mundaneness of everyday life, it feels like a chore. I also hate how repetitive everything is. Life is honestly just kind of boring tbh

Reactions: yasha, corazon, Zegers and 7 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I am 29 years old too and feel the same way. I don´t get how people can still be excited about a new movie or video game I have seen it all before there are no surprises anymore, even if there is a twist in a movie where they just try to subvert our expectations I have seen it elsewhere before and for the most part I know what is going to happen I miss when I was a child and saw movies and didn´t know what would happen it was all brand new to me anything could happen now I know that the good guy in the movies almost always survives so you´re not sitting with excitement wondering whether or not the main character survives or not because you know he does and should he die you´re almost certain he will be brought back in some mystical way.

And this is just movies and video games but also with everything else in life it´s boring and repetitive it´s all something I have experiences a thousand times before it´s like hearing the same joke over and over then eventually it´s not funny anymore the same with other things in life

Reactions: hikikomori-
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I use Adderall to conjure up a false sense of interest in life.

Reactions: hikikomori-, sserafim and TheGoodGuy
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Same, I can't even fathom living another 2 years at most. I don't know why people want to live another 30 or 40 years. I hate the mundaneness of everyday life, it feels like a chore. I also hate how repetitive everything is. Life is honestly just kind of boring tbh
Which is why I often would say "childhood and teenage years are living, adulthood is just existing" because life is fun and exciting as a child and teenager because everything we experience is new as adults we have experienced everything countless of times so it´s not fun anymore.

Reactions: foreverfalling, hikikomori-, sserafim and 1 other person
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Which is why I often would say "childhood and teenage years are living, adulthood is just existing" because life is fun and exciting as a child and teenager because everything we experience is new as adults we have experienced everything countless of times so it´s not fun anymore.
Yes! I would give anything to be a kid again. I hate adulting and having to be an adult. After college you're literally trapped into the system/wage slavery and expected to work until you die. I don't find meaning or fulfillment in that kind of existence. I don't think that people were meant to work everyday. So many people are trapped in jobs they hate, living paycheck to paycheck, making minimum wage, with no way out. They barely make enough money to pay their bills. I think adulthood is such a scam. I never wanted to become an adult but I didn't ctb so I inevitably reached it. But I will escape and have my way out.

There should be more to life and existence than having to work and make money. And I hate the fact that we have to work to survive and we have to pay to be on this planet. This just feels so dystopian

• Love
Reactions: kitty_kat, eternal.peace, hikikomori- and 2 others
Brown-Jacket Revy

Brown-Jacket Revy

Waste
Jul 10, 2023
Existence is boring as fuck.

Reactions: hikikomori-, betternever2havbeen, sserafim and 1 other person
thebookofdisquiet.

thebookofdisquiet.

Student
Sep 9, 2023
Schopenhauer was right, boredom is an evil enemy of human happiness.

Reactions: Zegers, sserafim, TheGoodGuy and 1 other person
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Yes! I would give anything to be a kid again. I hate adulting and having to be an adult. After college you're literally trapped into the system/wage slavery and expected to work until you die. I don't find meaning or fulfillment in that kind of existence. I don't think that people were meant to work everyday. So many people are trapped in jobs they hate, living paycheck to paycheck, making minimum wage, with no way out. They barely make enough money to pay their bills. I think adulthood is such a scam. I never wanted to become an adult but I didn't ctb so I inevitably reached it. But I will escape and have my way out.

There should be more to life and existence than having to work and make money. And I hate the fact that we have to work to survive and we have to pay to be on this planet. This just feels so dystopian
Childhood is truly heaven on earth and adulthood is hell, when you become an adult you switch all the fun and excitement in life out with responsibility. And having to work 5 days a week at a job you don´t care about I don´t get how people do it and with almost no vacations/holidays as a child we had so many days throughout the year where the school was closed because of some holiday some days here and there and sometimes a week or two or more sometimes of free time.

Reactions: betternever2havbeen and sserafim
B

betternever2havbeen

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Yes I'm bored SO bored. It's a sign of depression though, but I'm too far gone to care now. Wish I had got my depression checked out years ago, so I'd urge that first if you haven't already. Even as a kid nothing really excited me, guess I don't have enough Dopamine or something. Good job I never tried drugs! I have a couple other addictions tho (food and spending money) the only things in life that give me much of a buzz. Even bored of those now but do it out of habit/addiction. I hate my brain that can't get any joy outta life.

Reactions: Zegers and sserafim
E

eternal.peace

Sep 15, 2023
I relate to this so much. It's been so long since I've experienced any sense of excitement or joy. It's as if existence, and the means necessary to survive, are all just chores. Or at least that's how it feels for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Zegers, sserafim and betternever2havbeen
su1c1dal-dungeon

su1c1dal-dungeon

depressed rat
Sep 15, 2023
thank you for this. ive never heard anyone else say life is boring. IT IS BORING! nothing is exciting its all the same shit over and over again. the days are so long but the months are so fast. time just ticks on while i do the same thing everyday for how much longer???

Reactions: sserafim
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
People want to live because they have a life to live, it's as simple as that but if you don't have it, it's bound to become tedious.

CH349

CH349

Aug 5, 2023
Same lol

If life was more exciting I could've probably mustered up the will to endure it

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Your feelings of wishing to be free from this existence really are very much understandable, I've personally never had any interest in existing at all, such a thing is so empty, meaningless and tedious which is why I could never wish to exist under any circumstances.

To me it's such a curse having the ability to exist as a conscious being, trapped in a decaying flesh prison. Existing is tiresome as there is no relief from ourselves and our thoughts, it fills me with so much dread and horrifies me the thought of this existence potentially continuing for decades.
I also could never get why anyone would wish to be stuck here for that long enduring such a futile existence destined for nothing and nowhere, existing is completely unappealing in every way.

Last edited: