.ᴍᴀʏᴜ.

.ᴍᴀʏᴜ.

At war with myself
Aug 15, 2023
I posted a thread about a week ago saying I might get committed. I was. I Just got out from involuntary inpatient. My family members reported me because I drank and revealed a little too much to them. They didn't care aside from putting me in there, taking my methods away, and hoping my issues would go away. I was in for a week and gained nothing from it aside from being humiliated and dehumanized. It honestly made things much worse for me as I've realized that serious "treatment" is medicating you until you're a shell of a person and you're no longer a problem they have to deal with or think about. This only accelerated my timeline, im planning on leaving by the end of the month if everything goes to plan and things don't change.

Side note, all my former posts were lost so sorry if that's confusing :/

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: borntosuffer, Quinton Coldwater, GreenTree and 9 others
N

NoHorizon

Experienced
Nov 22, 2022
Sorry you've been treated so badly. It's so sad that the services that are supposedly there to help are actually making things worse.

• Love
Reactions: GreenTree, Somethingiswaddling and .ᴍᴀʏᴜ.
snowcloud9

snowcloud9

I’m Cold
Sep 9, 2023
I had the same experience. Sorry that your experience was extremely humiliating and dehumanizing. While I was there, people talked to me as if I was a ten year old. People think that you can only attempt ctb if you are an impulsive child (nevermind how much planning a painless death takes and how much time you have to think about it), so they don't take you seriously and it shows what they subconsciously think about you in the way that they treat you.

In the future, hopefully this never happens again, but if it does you can refuse medication. When I was in the ward I refused for financial reasons and nobody put up a fight. Mood stabilizers and anti-psychotics are shit, I'd never take those. I think anti-depressants are alright, but it takes forever to find the right one.

I hope that this time everything goes to plan for you. Best of luck!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sannti, not_telling, Somethingiswaddling and 1 other person
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Can only offer my sympathies, best wishes going forward.

not_telling

not_telling

Scared
Sep 9, 2023
I'm sorry you've had to go through that. Yellow September they say, and here it is, how they really treat those who find no pleasure in living anymore. I hope that you find a comfortable way to peace, be it in life or death.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds so horrible what you've been through, it disgusts me how we exist in a world where suicidal people are treat like criminals and are punished in such a way simply for wanting to die, I certainly believe that those places just create more suffering. But anyway I wish you the best with your plans.