• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Arcanist
Apr 15, 2024
I mean famous characters like Samson and Saul committed ctb when they saw no point in continuing, yet they are described as righteous characters of faith, albeit troubled, who will obtain the resurrection at the last day nonetheless.

I don't really buy the argument that "murder of the self" is the same, and as grave a sin or worse, as murdering someone ELSE who DIDN'T consent (that dogma never made sense to me since I couldn't see clear scriptural proof of it). Martyrs saw no issue in doing risky behavior leading to execution (some would call that ctb since they knew the consequences yet still risked their lives in standing for the truth).

So, biblically I don't really see an argument against voluntary assisted euthanasia for those who have no more energy to live in suffering. At least, I definitely don't see anything that says people should force other people to stay alive by all means necessary.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, sserafim, innominesatanas44 and 1 other person
nightlygem

nightlygem

La Joya
Sep 27, 2023
I personally find that to be a misconception. It's never mentioned in the Bible to be a sin, and, even if it is, he is all forgiving. When your time comes, he will accept you with open arms no matter what.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Arcanist
Apr 15, 2024
I personally find that to be a misconception. It's never mentioned in the Bible to be a sin, and, even if it is, he is all forgiving. When your time comes, he will accept you with open arms no matter what.
Yes, even if it is a sin, I believe all sin has been paid for by Jesus and redemption is received by faith alone anyway (Ephesians 2:8-9). Ctb wouldn't be the only sin I've done in my life anyway, lol.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
You might be interested in reading Schopenhauer's essay on the topic.
As far as I can see, it is only the followers of monotheistic, that is of Jewish, religions that regard suicide as a crime. This is the more striking as there is no forbiddance of it, or even positive disapproval of it, to be found either in the New Testament or the Old; so that teachers of religion have to base their disapprobation of suicide on their own philosophical grounds

Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
Hm, would god be "angry" if you killed yourself..?

Mebius

Mebius

Jun 13, 2024
I'm sorry but in my opinion you are trying to make excuse to allow suicide. if you truly and absolutely believe in Christianity you would/should not have problem with your life no matter how bad it is because you will be granted with heaven after you die. This is what my dad believed too, I obviously dont share the same view and to me he is subjecting me to life when I never asked to.

Reactions: KillingPain267
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Arcanist
Apr 15, 2024
I'm sorry but in my opinion you are trying to make excuse to allow suicide. if you truly and absolutely believe in Christianity you would/should not have problem with your life no matter how bad it is because you will be granted with heaven after you die. This is what my dad believed too, I obviously dont share the same view and to me he is subjecting me to life when I never asked to.
The Bible actually explains that the current life and universe is NOT good and without problems, because Adam and Eve sinned and thus brought a curse upon creation and every individual contributes to spread sin and destruction upon the earth, themselves and each other. Christians who say "life is wonderful" have not studied the text. Life WILL be wonderful (in the resurrection), but the whole point of redemption is that THIS life is shit.

And yet, the Christian religion is all about redemption through faith (the good news). So if I believe/trust in Jesus as my Savior, and that He died for my sins (everyone has sinned), was buried and rose again, then I will also be raised again at the last day and live forever (in a body without pain, sorrow, aging, death or sin) on the new earth (not "heaven", the text doesn't actually teach that). Even if ctb is a sin, it is forgiven if I believe in the gospel. Sure, maybe God wants me to continue living so I can be an instrument to help others in need, but the thing is though that I am so lazy, weak and pathetic currently that I feel like I'm just selfishly sucking up ressources for no reason and would be better off gone and not being a burden for other people.
Hm, would god be "angry" if you killed yourself..?
He is already angry because I am weak, lazy and pathetic and just lie down doing nothing and being a burden on others.

Reactions: Mebius
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Arcanist
Apr 15, 2024
Atleast if you did go through you wont end up in hell forever I guess, so atleast you'd have that.
I also don't believe hell is forever, but that unbelievers will merely burn up and cease to exist. The stuff about immaterial "souls" is tradition (probably from Platonism) and actually not taught in the Old or New Testament.