• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

Done_Surviving

Student
Sep 17, 2023
Not so long ago I just began to accept that I'm emotionally stunted, and that even though I'm sort of functional I've never had experienced "real adulthood". It is weird saying that I want to saty a child, because my childhood wasn't truly happy. When I was little, I was a bit "too much" for everyone to handle, I would have extreme meltdowns for everything and anything, so my parents had to "keep me in line" with emotional and physical abuse, and whenever they weren't doing that, they would just avoid me like the plague and prefer my younger siblings while I was left in front of the television. All whilst I was being bullied since the age of 5 for being "too ugly and weird".

And nothing really changed, other than I was able to make a couple of friends that came and went from time to time. At the age of 8 something really traumatic happened that permanently switched my views around death, after that death wasn't something scary, it was my key to true freedom. Ever since my mental health just began to get worse, became more withdrawn but still manage to keep a healthy social life. I was really into fantasy when I was a tween, call me stupid but I truly believed that if I believed hard enough, I would get magic powers, or manage to abandon this awful world and go on a fantastic adventure (I know totally cringe). But of course, nothing happened, if anything things just got worst. In the cartoons I was totally obsessed with, the characters were never older than 16, so I had never imagined my life past 14 to be honest. But my parents did, my dad wanted me to get to this pretty prestigious high-academic-demand high school, so I busted my ass off for the entrance exams and I somehow managed to pass. That's when I had my first nervous breakdown, I was having panic attacks every day and I pretty much ruined my immediate family, I made everyone around me so miserable to the point that to this day my siblings won't talk to me, and we live in the same house. After ending up in the hospital for a few "unexplainable organ infections" that were apparently "psychosomatic symptoms" my parents finally took me to see a psychologist, who immediately send me with a psychiatrist. And surprise, turns out that the reason I was "too much" was because I had autism and ADHD, that were now sharing a diagnosis with BPD, general anxiety, and mayor depression syndrome. Soon after this my parents found out about me cutting, a habit I picked up before going to the hospital and changed their tune. Did a complete 180° and started love-bombing every chance they got. They got me new toys (something they hadn't done since my 9 birthday, because it was too childish) They apologized for everything they did and for not being there for me, and had one too many heart to heart conversations about how much they loved me and about how "God had a plan for me", etc.

I'm not gonna lie, at first I hated it. In the wise words of Bojack Horseman "Uh, turns out you did know what I wanted, and you waited until the last possible moment to give it to me". I knew that they were just desperate for me not to kill myself, maybe mostly out of love, but also, well, I'm guessing that if your daughter commits ctb it gives a pretty bad image to your parenting skills. But after years went by, I began to essentially gaslight myself into believing that it was all genuine, to the point that I actually see my pre-treatment parents as completely different individuals from my right now parents. Even though the masks slips off from time to time, like when I overheard my mom telling her friends how she felt shattered after she realized she hadn't had the daughter she expected, or whenever my dad comes home drunk and begins to yell at me about how my medicine is expensive and I'm ungrateful and useless.

Now I'm 21 and I pretend that their love is real mostly because I like to act out the childhood I wish I could have lived, one where I could just open my arms and my mom would hug me, instead of pushing me away and calling me clingy, one where I can have actual conversations with my dad instead of him slapping me for being disrespectful, one where my small accomplishments are celebrated instead of them calling me stupid for never being good enough. Now I get to stay in my room and play with my toys and watch cartoons without the fear of being judged or called out for being useless. But I know that I am useless, because I don't know how to do things any other adult could. I can't drive because it gives me anxiety attacks and it could be dangerous, I manage to get to college and hold down a career, but I don't treat it like college rather I act like a middle schooler that has to go to class every day. And on the four years I've been there I haven't managed to make one single friend.

The only jobs I had manage to hold are actually working with children, mostly as a teacher, all my employers said that I was great at it and that the kids loved me. I know that that's because I'm a child myself, I understand what they like, I watch the same cartoons as them and play with the same toys, I remember how frustrating it was to go to school and how horrible it was to be treated as if you were stupid or simply didn't matter. So, I try to treat them the way I would've wanted to be treated when I was their age, I speak to them as if they were humans, and listen to them as if they were saying something important, even though sometimes they do in fact say a lot of stupid stuff. To be honest it was a very fulfilling job, even thought it was exhausting, I just tried to be the cool teacher that everyone had fun with and then would forget after a couple of years.

Right now I'm unemployed and dealing with a dumb chronic illness; but I manage to get an unpaid internship that is more focused in my career, but honestly I'm doing the bare minimum of work just to not get kick out. But every day that passes by I'm just reminded on how useless I am, that I'm not really making any money and don't know shit about finances, that if I didn't live with my mom I wouldn't clean my room, or eat proper meals, or wash my clothes, that I've distanced myself from all my friends to the point that I don't talk to anyone who are not my parents anymore, and I don't know how to make any new friends, how I can't drive, how I'm leaching onto my parent's finances, how I've never had any sort of romantic relationship, I haven't even had my first kiss yet, how I'm afraid and in denial of my own sexuality. I know I'm a mess, a total loser, but I just can't get over my issues, I just can't accept the fact that I'm a real adult with real responsibilities that should be doing stuff. I want to stay here in my room, with my toys and my Legos, I want my mom to hug me and reassure me that everything is fine and to tell me that I'm a good daughter, even if she is lying through her teeth, because she knows I'm becoming a parasite. I want to fall asleep watching cartoons wishing that the morning never comes. But most of all, I want to die so that I don't have to deal with anything anymore.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: SparkleWater, Okokaykay, itsjustm3 and 9 others
Inthewind

Inthewind

Wondering Waevern
Sep 19, 2023
I know poop squat bout finances really, all I know is to invest in a savings account ( I believe maybe there two types of retirement accounts, which one you get taxed for putting money into it so when the time comes to recieve it you wont get taxed for taking it, annnd the second [im not entirely 100% bouth either buut] when you put money in this second account it wont get taxed till afterwards, for both of these accounts i belieeeve you may not be able to recieve till a certain age, like 50.. but anyway thats one things you can do as an adult to help finances..
Ive been in a rut too, trying to reply and help people and doing bare minimum when it comes to what I have to do just becuse even tho i dont neeed to do anything i still feel like I have so much to do like it just feels like a lot even tho there isnt alot. I just have to do three pages of writing but it feels like alot even tho i was doing so much beforeit. When I turned 18 like before it you are told so many things and what is expected, same with 21, like your expected to already have a relationship or such and ads everywhere about things that you can do, ifff only you had friends like the people in the ad. For me I was worried about legality things like if I accidentally did a crime without relaizing it or i drive bad id goto darn jail. I recommend boundries with people in your life be direct on what they can expect, buuut not with the parents wait well okay well maybe with the parents because then itll sound more professional and theyll think wow boundries, your maturrrringggg. When you get out of a toxic enviroment things feel better, its alot but most likely it would be better. I had a household where they screamed and all i could do was hide in my closet. they took my lock, I barracade the door, with metal pipe and metal night dresser thing, they threw stuff etc. I left that household, and things just became a bit better. Maybe if you got a roomate place so you wouldnt have to pay too much and you shared costs, (created a budget and what was expected to cost for things that you were responsible for in the place then maybe it could be easier to be more financially secure.) I know it will be tough with adhd, you could also have your roomate help with that and you both can find a way to make it work. Like discussing things beforehand. Meet with them before getting the place, so you guys can figure out what works best for you. It just seems like a bad enviroment to be in having parents who act like fakes, fake support, just beating down on your mentality, and siblings who avoid you or dont talk to you.
Also the romantic and friendship relationships, well its tough, maybe you can figure that out in the future, find a situationship or find one on a dating app, even if just for a while yknow at least youll gain experience or something. But also, I can see why you havent moved away from your parents because you wouldnt do anything, I think that is low motivation and ive felt that too before, I had a friend I took care of for a bit who too did that and even went to the bathroom in their bed because they didnt want to move. Its tough to get out of that mental feeling, do small things, doesnt have to be much, just start with maybe getting up to brush teeth, and thats all you gotta do that day, then maybe progress towards after a week of doing that getting to the kitchen to make one meal yourself. Small things change everything, doing a walk around the neighborhood to get away from all the things you need to do, maybe practice at night to learn to drive or start making a competition against yourself by setting a timer to try to bea the timer to read as much and take notes on how to drive. if you do it for five minutes then thats it. I heard there may of been a adhd hack where you make everything a competition may help, I think, i dont have adhd so i am unsure how well it works.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: disabledlife, sserafim and Done_Surviving
D

Done_Surviving

Student
Sep 17, 2023
I know poop squat bout finances really, all I know is to invest in a savings account ( I believe maybe there two types of retirement accounts, which one you get taxed for putting money into it so when the time comes to recieve it you wont get taxed for taking it, annnd the second [im not entirely 100% bouth either buut] when you put money in this second account it wont get taxed till afterwards, for both of these accounts i belieeeve you may not be able to recieve till a certain age, like 50.. but anyway thats one things you can do as an adult to help finances..
Ive been in a rut too, trying to reply and help people and doing bare minimum when it comes to what I have to do just becuse even tho i dont neeed to do anything i still feel like I have so much to do like it just feels like a lot even tho there isnt alot. I just have to do three pages of writing but it feels like alot even tho i was doing so much beforeit. When I turned 18 like before it you are told so many things and what is expected, same with 21, like your expected to already have a relationship or such and ads everywhere about things that you can do, ifff only you had friends like the people in the ad. For me I was worried about legality things like if I accidentally did a crime without relaizing it or i drive bad id goto darn jail. I recommend boundries with people in your life be direct on what they can expect, buuut not with the parents wait well okay well maybe with the parents because then itll sound more professional and theyll think wow boundries, your maturrrringggg. When you get out of a toxic enviroment things feel better, its alot but most likely it would be better. I had a household where they screamed and all i could do was hide in my closet. they took my lock, I barracade the door, with metal pipe and metal night dresser thing, they threw stuff etc. I left that household, and things just became a bit better. Maybe if you got a roomate place so you wouldnt have to pay too much and you shared costs, (created a budget and what was expected to cost for things that you were responsible for in the place then maybe it could be easier to be more financially secure.) I know it will be tough with adhd, you could also have your roomate help with that and you both can find a way to make it work. Like discussing things beforehand. Meet with them before getting the place, so you guys can figure out what works best for you. It just seems like a bad enviroment to be in having parents who act like fakes, fake support, just beating down on your mentality, and siblings who avoid you or dont talk to you.
Also the romantic and friendship relationships, well its tough, maybe you can figure that out in the future, find a situationship or find one on a dating app, even if just for a while yknow at least youll gain experience or something. But also, I can see why you havent moved away from your parents because you wouldnt do anything, I think that is low motivation and ive felt that too before, I had a friend I took care of for a bit who too did that and even went to the bathroom in their bed because they didnt want to move. Its tough to get out of that mental feeling, do small things, doesnt have to be much, just start with maybe getting up to brush teeth, and thats all you gotta do that day, then maybe progress towards after a week of doing that getting to the kitchen to make one meal yourself. Small things change everything, doing a walk around the neighborhood to get away from all the things you need to do, maybe practice at night to learn to drive or start making a competition against yourself by setting a timer to try to bea the timer to read as much and take notes on how to drive. if you do it for five minutes then thats it. I heard there may of been a adhd hack where you make everything a competition may help, I think, i dont have adhd so i am unsure how well it works.
Thank you so much for everything you said! You're right everything is very scary and overwhelming, and even if I don't really have nothing to do, I feel as though I have tod do so much and learn everything all at once. I wish I could say I could do things by going on baby steps, but I'm kinda terrified of falling ober my on feet and messing everything up another time. Right now I at least hope that I have healthy boundaries with people, but maybe I should start to pull away from my parents bit by bit. It's just that everything is so scary, like I don't want people to hurt me but I don't want to be on my own. But I guess I should try to figure that stuff out on my own. Again thank you so much for your kind words. I'm sending you my love and best wishes.

Reactions: sserafim, disabledlife and deadhead12!
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Not so long ago I just began to accept that I'm emotionally stunted, and that even though I'm sort of functional I've never had experienced "real adulthood". It is weird saying that I want to saty a child, because my childhood wasn't truly happy. When I was little, I was a bit "too much" for everyone to handle, I would have extreme meltdowns for everything and anything, so my parents had to "keep me in line" with emotional and physical abuse, and whenever they weren't doing that, they would just avoid me like the plague and prefer my younger siblings while I was left in front of the television. All whilst I was being bullied since the age of 5 for being "too ugly and weird".

And nothing really changed, other than I was able to make a couple of friends that came and went from time to time. At the age of 8 something really traumatic happened that permanently switched my views around death, after that death wasn't something scary, it was my key to true freedom. Ever since my mental health just began to get worse, became more withdrawn but still manage to keep a healthy social life. I was really into fantasy when I was a tween, call me stupid but I truly believed that if I believed hard enough, I would get magic powers, or manage to abandon this awful world and go on a fantastic adventure (I know totally cringe). But of course, nothing happened, if anything things just got worst. In the cartoons I was totally obsessed with, the characters were never older than 16, so I had never imagined my life past 14 to be honest. But my parents did, my dad wanted me to get to this pretty prestigious high-academic-demand high school, so I busted my ass off for the entrance exams and I somehow managed to pass. That's when I had my first nervous breakdown, I was having panic attacks every day and I pretty much ruined my immediate family, I made everyone around me so miserable to the point that to this day my siblings won't talk to me, and we live in the same house. After ending up in the hospital for a few "unexplainable organ infections" that were apparently "psychosomatic symptoms" my parents finally took me to see a psychologist, who immediately send me with a psychiatrist. And surprise, turns out that the reason I was "too much" was because I had autism and ADHD, that were now sharing a diagnosis with BPD, general anxiety, and mayor depression syndrome. Soon after this my parents found out about me cutting, a habit I picked up before going to the hospital and changed their tune. Did a complete 180° and started love-bombing every chance they got. They got me new toys (something they hadn't done since my 9 birthday, because it was too childish) They apologized for everything they did and for not being there for me, and had one too many heart to heart conversations about how much they loved me and about how "God had a plan for me", etc.

I'm not gonna lie, at first I hated it. In the wise words of Bojack Horseman "Uh, turns out you did know what I wanted, and you waited until the last possible moment to give it to me". I knew that they were just desperate for me not to kill myself, maybe mostly out of love, but also, well, I'm guessing that if your daughter commits ctb it gives a pretty bad image to your parenting skills. But after years went by, I began to essentially gaslight myself into believing that it was all genuine, to the point that I actually see my pre-treatment parents as completely different individuals from my right now parents. Even though the masks slips off from time to time, like when I overheard my mom telling her friends how she felt shattered after she realized she hadn't had the daughter she expected, or whenever my dad comes home drunk and begins to yell at me about how my medicine is expensive and I'm ungrateful and useless.

Now I'm 21 and I pretend that their love is real mostly because I like to act out the childhood I wish I could have lived, one where I could just open my arms and my mom would hug me, instead of pushing me away and calling me clingy, one where I can have actual conversations with my dad instead of him slapping me for being disrespectful, one where my small accomplishments are celebrated instead of them calling me stupid for never being good enough. Now I get to stay in my room and play with my toys and watch cartoons without the fear of being judged or called out for being useless. But I know that I am useless, because I don't know how to do things any other adult could. I can't drive because it gives me anxiety attacks and it could be dangerous, I manage to get to college and hold down a career, but I don't treat it like college rather I act like a middle schooler that has to go to class every day. And on the four years I've been there I haven't managed to make one single friend.

The only jobs I had manage to hold are actually working with children, mostly as a teacher, all my employers said that I was great at it and that the kids loved me. I know that that's because I'm a child myself, I understand what they like, I watch the same cartoons as them and play with the same toys, I remember how frustrating it was to go to school and how horrible it was to be treated as if you were stupid or simply didn't matter. So, I try to treat them the way I would've wanted to be treated when I was their age, I speak to them as if they were humans, and listen to them as if they were saying something important, even though sometimes they do in fact say a lot of stupid stuff. To be honest it was a very fulfilling job, even thought it was exhausting, I just tried to be the cool teacher that everyone had fun with and then would forget after a couple of years.

Right now I'm unemployed and dealing with a dumb chronic illness; but I manage to get an unpaid internship that is more focused in my career, but honestly I'm doing the bare minimum of work just to not get kick out. But every day that passes by I'm just reminded on how useless I am, that I'm not really making any money and don't know shit about finances, that if I didn't live with my mom I wouldn't clean my room, or eat proper meals, or wash my clothes, that I've distanced myself from all my friends to the point that I don't talk to anyone who are not my parents anymore, and I don't know how to make any new friends, how I can't drive, how I'm leaching onto my parent's finances, how I've never had any sort of romantic relationship, I haven't even had my first kiss yet, how I'm afraid and in denial of my own sexuality. I know I'm a mess, a total loser, but I just can't get over my issues, I just can't accept the fact that I'm a real adult with real responsibilities that should be doing stuff. I want to stay here in my room, with my toys and my Legos, I want my mom to hug me and reassure me that everything is fine and to tell me that I'm a good daughter, even if she is lying through her teeth, because she knows I'm becoming a parasite. I want to fall asleep watching cartoons wishing that the morning never comes. But most of all, I want to die so that I don't have to deal with anything anymore.
Same, I don't want to grow up either. I never did though. Having to be independent and take responsibility for myself scares me. Having to work for a living and enter the workforce scares me as well. I have autism/Asperger's, adhd, and social anxiety. I heard that people with adhd were like 3/4ths behind in maturity for their age, so maybe this is a factor?

I also want to ctb so that I'll never have to be a real adult. Honestly, adulting scares me. I think I was meant to die at a younger age and maybe this is why I'm so unprepared for adulthood

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Okokaykay and Done_Surviving
disabledlife

disabledlife

Specialist
Jun 5, 2020
I've TSA, Asperger's syndrom.

It would be possible to find small jobs, take driving lessons. Are there ways for you to have carers, or help from associations, to support you in adult life? I know that I had to leave my parents, otherwise my health was in danger! I left them without knowing how I was going to maintain my housing, my health, eat, etc., all on my own! It took me a while to learn how to cook, to relearn hygiene, because no one was going to help me! I even suffer from OCD, following bullying at school.

I had learned, secretly, with student grants, when I was still able to study, before my health decided otherwise, and an allowance for disabled people, to manage a bank account, buy myself food, find accommodation , move around on my own, even though my parents didn't want to! When I was little, my parents stopped me from leaving the house, except for school and grocery shopping, like a dog on a leash in fact!

I'm still a kid watching cartoons, there's nothing wrong with watching that stuff, playing with toys, etc, etc! I like to tell stupid things, there are lots of videos on the internet of stupid things done by adults, like experiments, they just indicate that it should not be reproduced at home! You have to be careful that these videos are not addictive. But it takes up time.

In fact, adults remain kids, they are just autonomous, separated from their parents. You just have to move away from toxic people, and find other support, as far as possible, you still have to have friends and love humans, that's not a given.

I want CTB so as not to age, especially what awaits me with my health! I would have liked to disappear just before, to have a sort of life adventure, for my end of life before CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: Done_Surviving and sserafim
S

somenone

He is not even capable of committing suicide
Aug 19, 2023
This is so similar to me. The quality is even sad. I hope that everything will be better for you and you will find your comfort zone.

• Hugs
Reactions: Done_Surviving
D

Done_Surviving

Student
Sep 17, 2023
Thank you so much, I just want to be able to feel okay. And I hope you also managed to find the way to feel okay as well<3