• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

N

niki wonoto

Student
Oct 10, 2019
Long story short, my life is a complete failure. It's full of wrong decisions, (in)actions, regrets, mistakes after mistakes, that I honestly think maybe it's already too late to "fix everything" (eg: I'm losing all the good chances/opportunities, as I'm getting old now). It's really ironic & tragic, because a lot of people always say that I'm very talented especially in music (I used to be quite an active musician & composer/songwriter, but sadly I'm still not famous & successful), smart, a deep thinker, a highly sensitive person, etc etc.

I am also an idealist, meaning that I actually have a BIG vision & idea for the future of civilization/mankind/humanity, to make a real progress & "leap jump" in the future. For example, I seriously think that the real, truest "meaning of life" is to make a HUGE progress, a sort of evolution, for the future. And for our Human species, in my opinion, the real purpose is to unlock our wildest potential: our human's Imagination. And I'm talking about all those most creative, artistic, & imaginative human's minds for example like in all those most imaginative, fantasy, sci-fi movies, games, novels, comics, anime/manga, and any other most amazing work of arts. So in my opinion, our humanity/mankind/civilization's most important & biggest task is to turn all those imaginations into a reality. And that's why I'm now a big/huge proponent & supporter, as well as very interested in technology such as: Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), and also Artificial Intelligence (AI), and also some thinking & concepts such as Transhumanism. But then again, sadly, the problem is I don't know how to reach all those dreams & ideas of mine. And that is really depressing.

I'm a Chinese-Indonesian, living in Jakarta (Indonesia). And the biggest problem is the culture/society here, also the mindset of the people here. They're all still mostly very conservative, traditional, & outdated mindset/perspective about life. Especially with my Asian/Chinese-Indonesian parents for example, they still only think that the only "meaning of life" or "purpose" is simply just to survive, find a good job (or business), and make money, & then get married, have kids/children, etc etc. But for me, this can't be all there is to life; Life should be so much more than that! But then, another biggest problem that I do realize and finally admit now is that, sadly, perhaps it's all due to the many flaws in my personalities too: I listen too much to what other people/person say, I care too much (deeply), I'm easily down & depressed, & I also lack the 'drive'/energy/motivation (and this is why perhaps I appear to be just "lazy" in the eyes of most people, including in my parents' eyes), especially this year, when my Existential Depression just getting so much worse to the point of even being suicidal (having suicidal thoughts/fantasy/ideations almost everyday).

I'm 40 years old this year, and here I am now, in reality, I'm still living with my parents, almost can be viewed as jobless/unemployed, or even a hikikomori (a shut-in recluse only staying at my room most of the time). The situation is now even getting much worse, with my family/parents' problems, stress, plus now my little brother is also a depressed shut-in just like me, so my Chinese father especially, who is almost 70 years old now, is really disappointed, stressed, & perhaps even having a (severe) depression, because in his eyes, his sons are still a complete failure, and a total loser, because we are still not financially independent, still living in their houses & dependent on them for food, bills, etc etc. I'm also basically jobless/unemployed, and not interested at all to run his (my father's) businesses, which are also currently going through perhaps the most difficult time of all times (financially, I don't know & really afraid that perhaps even my parents' money will run out soon or later), especially due to this COVID-19/corona pandemic situation.

I also don't know what to do. I'm lost, confused, depressed, suicidal, & feel like an alien. I can't relate to most people/Human beings. I'm too "way out", lost in my own thoughts, idealisms, visions, & all these "big/huge ideas" that I basically just don't know anymore HOW/WHAT to do? Reality is depressing, very depressing, boring, limiting, & to be honest, this whole existence is just stupid, pointless, & meaningless for me now. My existential depression/crisis is getting much worse now, probably even the worst now, like I've said above, everyday now I'm even having suicidal ideations/fantasy/thoughts, and for me now, I'm seriously thinking that perhaps to die (death) is better than to live (just only to survive/for survival everyday).

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: destinationlosangel, Sun_, Efilismislife and 10 others
C

cleveland2011

Feb 12, 2022
Long story short, my life is a complete failure. It's full of wrong decisions, (in)actions, regrets, mistakes after mistakes, that I honestly think maybe it's already too late to "fix everything" (eg: I'm losing all the good chances/opportunities, as I'm getting old now). It's really ironic & tragic, because a lot of people always say that I'm very talented especially in music (I used to be quite an active musician & composer/songwriter, but sadly I'm still not famous & successful), smart, a deep thinker, a highly sensitive person, etc etc.

I am also an idealist, meaning that I actually have a BIG vision & idea for the future of civilization/mankind/humanity, to make a real progress & "leap jump" in the future. For example, I seriously think that the real, truest "meaning of life" is to make a HUGE progress, a sort of evolution, for the future. And for our Human species, in my opinion, the real purpose is to unlock our wildest potential: our human's Imagination. And I'm talking about all those most creative, artistic, & imaginative human's minds for example like in all those most imaginative, fantasy, sci-fi movies, games, novels, comics, anime/manga, and any other most amazing work of arts. So in my opinion, our humanity/mankind/civilization's most important & biggest task is to turn all those imaginations into a reality. And that's why I'm now a big/huge proponent & supporter, as well as very interested in technology such as: Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), and also Artificial Intelligence (AI), and also some thinking & concepts such as Transhumanism. But then again, sadly, the problem is I don't know how to reach all those dreams & ideas of mine. And that is really depressing.

I'm a Chinese-Indonesian, living in Jakarta (Indonesia). And the biggest problem is the culture/society here, also the mindset of the people here. They're all still mostly very conservative, traditional, & outdated mindset/perspective about life. Especially with my Asian/Chinese-Indonesian parents for example, they still only think that the only "meaning of life" or "purpose" is simply just to survive, find a good job (or business), and make money, & then get married, have kids/children, etc etc. But for me, this can't be all there is to life; Life should be so much more than that! But then, another biggest problem that I do realize and finally admit now is that, sadly, perhaps it's all due to the many flaws in my personalities too: I listen too much to what other people/person say, I care too much (deeply), I'm easily down & depressed, & I also lack the 'drive'/energy/motivation (and this is why perhaps I appear to be just "lazy" in the eyes of most people, including in my parents' eyes), especially this year, when my Existential Depression just getting so much worse to the point of even being suicidal (having suicidal thoughts/fantasy/ideations almost everyday).

I'm 40 years old this year, and here I am now, in reality, I'm still living with my parents, almost can be viewed as jobless/unemployed, or even a hikikomori (a shut-in recluse only staying at my room most of the time). The situation is now even getting much worse, with my family/parents' problems, stress, plus now my little brother is also a depressed shut-in just like me, so my Chinese father especially, who is almost 70 years old now, is really disappointed, stressed, & perhaps even having a (severe) depression, because in his eyes, his sons are still a complete failure, and a total loser, because we are still not financially independent, still living in their houses & dependent on them for food, bills, etc etc. I'm also basically jobless/unemployed, and not interested at all to run his (my father's) businesses, which are also currently going through perhaps the most difficult time of all times (financially, I don't know & really afraid that perhaps even my parents' money will run out soon or later), especially due to this COVID-19/corona pandemic situation.

I also don't know what to do. I'm lost, confused, depressed, suicidal, & feel like an alien. I can't relate to most people/Human beings. I'm too "way out", lost in my own thoughts, idealisms, visions, & all these "big/huge ideas" that I basically just don't know anymore HOW/WHAT to do? Reality is depressing, very depressing, boring, limiting, & to be honest, this whole existence is just stupid, pointless, & meaningless for me now. My existential depression/crisis is getting much worse now, probably even the worst now, like I've said above, everyday now I'm even having suicidal ideations/fantasy/thoughts, and for me now, I'm seriously thinking that perhaps to die (death) is better than to live (just only to survive/for survival everyday).

Most people here will say "you're free to end your life, if that's wha though want to do then do it" etc.

But I will say otherwise. You only get one life. You're not sick or dying physically. You have no idea what's after this if you die. Good bad or nothing.

Stick it out. Get it together. Be an adult. Find a job and a way to support yourself. Make it a 5 year plan. "By 45, I will be here or there."

Just do it. What is honestly holding you back that badly? You can write pretty well. You're clearly not stupid or incapable.

Don't let your father or society's views of you make you end your life. Just find a life for yourself man. You can do it.

Reactions: grahf, Efilismislife and sharky
Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
Well, what you've written, what you care about, doesn't seem the slightest bit alien to me. I have many of the same interests—especially when it comes to AI. In fact, my being here is in direct conflict with the excitement I feel in terms of wanting to see what's next in that field. It's OK to be confused and not have an idea going forward, many feel that way. I do. I have no clue.

Reactions: niki wonoto
AnestheticVoid

AnestheticVoid

❤️ Dissociatives ❤️
Feb 17, 2022
Take YOUR life into your own hands. Fuck all that shit. If you're done be done don't worry about other people's ethics.

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
our Imagination will always be better than reailty good luck tho getting that flying car, if we don't figure out how to expand out into space in the next 200 years we will be doomed assuming it's even possible to travel to other solar systems, i can see this being all for nothing just like life itself.
The adult human brain weighs about 3 pounds (1,300-1,400 g).
The adult human brain is about 2% of the total body weight.
The average human brain is 140 mm wide. 140,000,000
The average human brain is 167 mm long. 167,000,000
The average human brain is 140 mm height. 140,000,000
1 mm equals 1,000,000nm
140,000,000*167,000,000*140,000,000

3,273,200,000,000,000,000,000,000 nm in the human brain

our best cpus have 50,000,000,000 transistors
the singularity by my calculations is 50 years off

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Deadly_Intention

Deadly_Intention

Apr 10, 2021
The flaws in your personality as you say, are quite identical to mine so I can completely relate to that.
It must be extremely hard for you to have faced all that pressure growing up in your culture, especially as a son whom is always expected to be super successful, and also being of a mixed culture which I have heard can be taboo for Chinese traditionalists.

I can clearly feel how lost you are. What to do or what not to do... it's easy for anyone to tell you what to do/not to do but at the end of the day you are the one that needs to physically get up and do it. And that is basically the hardest part... yes making the decision is difficult too but going through with that decision is where it is really tricky for people like us (those who already feel life is pointless/meaningless).
To be honest, I still feel pretty useless and a waste of space, yet I am still here for some or other reason. Most likely cos I don't want to disappoint my son (he is 15 now) by leaving him without a parent.

I am 34, still have no clue what career I should move into, I'm studying my 3rd degree and it's been a struggle to motivate myself cos all I want to do is quit. But my husband works really hard so that I can stay home and study so it would be such a slap in the face if I decided after all these years of him paying that I just don't want to anymore.

I don't have any real advice for you, just know that you are certainty not alone in the way you feel and if you need a like-minded friend I am here!

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34, Bone and niki wonoto
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Visionary
May 5, 2020
I am getting close to your age as well (although I will never see it). I am sorry you feel forced to deal with this life of servitude. Society truly does suck and neoliberalism has made it all worse. Now the world has had to face a deadly pandemic and perhaps another world war (you never know). There is no bloody end to the suffering in this world. A lot of people pretend or wear rose tinted glasses just so they don't go completely crazy. But depressed (deep rest) people know the truth. It's society and all its shitty fucked up rules that has made us this way. I was bullied from a young age for being, as one teacher pointed out, too quiet for my own good lol. I'm sorry I wasn't a loud mouth, narcissistic bully. It seems that those are the type of cunts that rule this world anyway. You just have to look at the likes of Vladimir Putin for proof of that. I wish you well mate. I hope you can find a way to hack your way through the weeds and find peace. I know I will. I'll make my own peace. Fuck them all!

• Love
Reactions: bad luck, niki wonoto and Deadly_Intention
UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
I apologize if this seems blunt, but I'm just going by the title of your thread.

Don't ctb.

If you can't decide whether to live or die, then you live. It's that simple.

You can always ctb if you change your mind.

If you ctb, there's no going back. It's game over and no future anything.

If you're unsure, then wait. When the time is right, you'll know.

Reactions: sharky and BrokenBliss
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It is your life and your decision so therefore only you know what is the best for yourself. I see life as being very pointless as well, life is just meaningless suffering and in my case I do not want to have to put up with this miserable existence. Life certainly is depressing. I wish you the best in whatever happens.

Reactions: Deadly_Intention and niki wonoto
N

niki wonoto

Student
Oct 10, 2019
I expect more civil answer from a forum/website like this. Comments like this really infuriates me, because of how thoughtless/mindless it is without any substance/meaning/point. I think the moderators should not allow these type of comments in this forum/website.

BrokenBliss

BrokenBliss

Invisible. Apparently.
Jan 11, 2022
I expect more civil answer from a forum/website like this. Comments like this really infuriates me, because of how thoughtless/mindless it is without any substance/meaning/point. I think the moderators should not allow these type of comments in this forum/website.
Then hit the Report button.

T

Thefuture

Feb 28, 2022
You want a gang to be apart of. I get it. That's all life bout cliques n shit. No one going be r4wl with you. Unless you faced with death everyone's capping
We've been left for death but do you have the strength after been shot in the chest to make something.

Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022

Jakartan here, M43

We can be friends

Reactions: Efilismislife and niki wonoto
N

niki wonoto

Student
Oct 10, 2019
Jakartan here, M43

We can be friends
@euthanza Thanks. I've messaged you privately, and chatted you as well. Did you receive it?

Salam kenal
From Jakarta too.

Reactions: Efilismislife and Euthanza
F

Flying Away

A listening ear is better than suffering in silenc
Nov 20, 2021
When it's time you will know. Peace be the journey.

Reactions: Euthanza