embrace_release

embrace_release

end me
Mar 13, 2021
Can't I just be normal? Can't I just ignore all this pain this world is in, all the trauma I had, all the mishaps? Can't I just be an obedient worker drone who doesn't have the ability to self-reflect and not be sentient for most of my life?

Dear Lord, I can't turn away my eyes from this wall of fire this world is engulfing me in, I try to hold my breath and avoid inhaling the ashes falling onto me, covering my clothes, my skin, everything that was holy to me, turning everything into a grey carpet wherever I look. My body, my face is covered in it, I can't recognize myself anymore when I look into the mirror, just two eyes embedded into frigid ash staring me down.

I don't blame you, the reasons for this fire igniting were beyond my control, how could I have done anything, my frail child soul could barely comprehend why and how. But it was my fault not putting out the flames when it grew stronger. As time went on I just kept throwing in more fuel, my belongings, people close to me and finally the last parts of me, parts of my soul, parts I needed, in the hopes it would never reach and burn me. It never did. It just consumed and scorched everything around me.

How I wish I could gaze into the distance, ignore the expanse of rubble, ignore that there is nothing left anymore. Putting my hands over my eyes, cover my ears, protecting myself from the reality of my inactions. Until I'm blissful.
Ash keeps falling silently until it'll bury me where I rest.

I'm no phoenix.

I'll die here.

- 06/03/23

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 8975, absolomonisgone, qwerty1969 and 8 others
TapeMachine

TapeMachine

perpetually confused
Jan 12, 2023
I love your writing; thanks so much for sharing it here. :)

• Love
Reactions: embrace_release
W

Why Me?

Experienced
Apr 5, 2022
Can't I just be normal? Can't I just ignore all this pain this world is in, all the trauma I had, all the mishaps? Can't I just be an obedient worker drone who doesn't have the ability to self-reflect and not be sentient for most of my life?
Yes, I can relate... If only I could... It doesn't even matter now, because my life is practically over, there is no miracle coming to reverse the damage that has been caused, even without the damage, I was never designed to be normal from birth.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: absolomonisgone and embrace_release
Fwompje

Fwompje

life is cruel and time heals nothing
Feb 23, 2023
How I wish I could gaze into the distance, ignore the expanse of rubble, ignore that there is nothing left anymore. Putting my hands over my eyes, cover my ears, protecting myself from the reality of my inactions. Until I'm blissful.
Ash keeps falling silently until it'll bury me where I rest.

I'm no phoenix.

I'll die here.

- 06/03/23
So beautifully worded.

• Love
_smile_

_smile_

Student
Jun 26, 2022
This is so beautiful 💜

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 8975 and embrace_release
O

OutOfTheVoid

she/her
Feb 10, 2023
this is beautiful, i love it. i also relate, the metaphor of fire resonates with me

• Love
jigsaw_falling

jigsaw_falling

if there’s an afterlife i’ll be pissed
Jan 25, 2023
your writing is beautiful, the second paragraph especially gave me chills ❤️

• Love
J

JB3567

Feb 13, 2023