etherealgoddess

etherealgoddess

perseverance is inevitable success
Dec 8, 2022
My productivity has always been really bad because for a day or two I could be extremely productive but then burn out completely. I decided to do long breaks. 80 minutes working, 40 minutes relaxing. This is particularly for studying. And I'll game or do whatever I want to do to relax during that time. If you're trying to recover your productivity after being depressed for a long time, you won't be able to function on short breaks without burning out fast, at least in my experience. I've been super productive and feel very little burnout.

• Informative
Reactions: BojackHorseman, bandoscii, RosebyAnyName and 1 other person
bandoscii

bandoscii

Jun 29, 2024
Thanks for sharing! đź’•

• Love
Reactions: etherealgoddess
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
This something I haven't quite heard before. Interesting. đź‘Ť

BojackHorseman

BojackHorseman

The View From Halfway Down
Feb 8, 2023
I do something kind of similar.
I base everything around the washing machine. I do 1.5 hour sanitize cycles with my waching machine. So for every load of laundry I do one other chore, like put the clean dishes up out of the dishwasher. Then play the video game or whatever until the next load of laundry, then I will put dirty dishes in the dishwasher. I make each chore as simple or complex as I feel.
Some days I find it hard to do even that though, but I do better if i can stick to this. I have good days where I feel super productive and try to do ALL the things. Problem with that is by the end of the day, I am beyond exhausted, and it takes me days to recover. By the time Ive recoverd everything has piled back up and Im overwhelmed. So keeping things light and simple and not over doing it actually helps me in the long run.