Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
If all you ever have is the present moment, then a series of final good moments should make up for a mostly shitty life.

Reactions: sserafim
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yeah, no. That's like saying a movie is good because the ending was good despite the rest of it being awful. The present being good doesn't do justice to the rest of one's life being awful, at least that's true in my case

Reactions: bugs_for_brains, sserafim, FutureHanger and 2 others
ctbcat

ctbcat

Yes, the everlasting contrast.
Jul 14, 2023
i don't like defining a life by the last action someone takes, but this is a nice thought. i think it's comforting at least. i saw this one video on watchpeopledie, pretty popular, where this guy gives his girlfriend a goodnight hug, she walks off into the elevator, the door closes and he shoots himself. that sounds like a nice way to go. one more piece of warmth - one more time with the one you adore, before you finally quell all suffering and go.

i'm just weary abt it because the opposite, a negative ending, i don't think should define someone.

Reactions: DarkRange55, sserafim and Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
i don't like defining a life by the last action someone takes, but this is a nice thought. i think it's comforting at least. i saw this one video on watchpeopledie, pretty popular, where this guy gives his girlfriend a goodnight hug, she walks off into the elevator, the door closes and he shoots himself. that sounds like a nice way to go. one more piece of warmth - one more time with the one you adore, before you finally quell all suffering and go.

i'm just weary abt it because the opposite, a negative ending, i don't think should define someone.
@sserafim 😘 🌉

• Yay!
Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
A life of torture is essentially nullified if you ate a pretty good cookie at the end. A final good moment can help, and maybe even go a long way depending on numerous factors, but it doesn't magically nullify all the negative things one has gone through.

Reactions: Ambivalent1 and sserafim
parallelluniverse

parallelluniverse

In Corpus Lamenti -into the body of lamentation...
Mar 3, 2024
Complete? No. It wouldn't be worth it for a few above average moments at the end. Not for me. The earlier experiences I had when I was a bit younger are probably what justifies it.

Reactions: DarkRange55 and sserafim
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
"Death is more universal than life. Everyone dies, but not everyone lives."

• Andrew Sachs

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. What is called resignation is confirmed desperation. From the desperate city you go into the desperate country, and have to console yourself with the bravery of minks and muskrats. A stereotyped but unconscious despair is concealed even under what are called the games and amusements of mankind. There is no play in them, for this comes after work. But it is a characteristic of wisdom not to do desperate things…"

• Henry David Thoreau