shrobae

shrobae

pro invicto
Sep 9, 2024
Imagine you are right where you are, who you are, what you are. One day you wake up with the revelation you could not die or ctb. You would simply wake up after a few minutes of unconsciousness.

How would you live your life knowing there is no way out?

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Davey40210, Lostandlooking and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'd suffer in agony knowing I'd never be at peace from this cruel, torturous existence I just saw as a horrific tragedy in the first place. No matter what I'd never wish for existence as I don't want to suffer in any way, I just want to not exist for all eternity, I personally see it as a curse to exist at all especially as there is no limit as to how much one can be tormented as long as they exist here.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Davey40210, ijustwishtodie, LifeQuitter and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Do I still need to breathe, eat, drink, sleep? If I've become immortal and indestructable, I'd go and explore under the sea.

• Love
Reactions: binturong, Davey40210, permanently tired and 3 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Honestly, I'd just have perpetual panic attacks for the rest of eternity. I believe that immortality is the scariest concept ever and is even far scarier than any horror media that humans are able to come up with. Immortality is true horror. Nothing even comes close to immortality

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: binturong, Hollowman, pthnrdnojvsc and 4 others
Davey40210

Davey40210

Even the stars make room for new stars
Sep 3, 2024
Honestly, I'd just have perpetual panic attacks for the rest of eternity. I believe that immortality is the scariest concept ever and is even far scarier than any horror media that humans are able to come up with. Immortality is true horror. Nothing even comes close to immortality

Agree.. there are just so many things that could go wrong and make your life an eternal suffering. Just falling into a deep hole and unable to come out, being buried, going to prison, people finding out and keeping you as a perpetual test subject, etc.

I think immortality with the option to exit is quite good though. Edge of Tomorrow is one of my favorite movies (I know, it has Tom Cruise, don't hate me for it :-) )

As to what I would do.. probably do a lot of very dangerous sports, jump out of planes, and make money doing it. I'd probably amass enough money to have my own little kingdom and try to create like a "paradise" for my "subjects", hopefully showing the world how it could be done.

• Yay!
Reactions: binturong, DefinitelyReady and shrobae
po1sentree

po1sentree

ᠭᠤᠨᠢᠭᠲᠠᠢ
Sep 14, 2024
If cursed to never die, I'd live, learn, and explore. Watch history unfold while never losing loved ones. However, eventually, I'd outlive everyone, and the world would change, making it tough to find connections and purpose. It'd be a difficult, lonely existence.

• Love
Reactions: Davey40210 and shrobae
nux_walpurgis

nux_walpurgis

Me, my whispers and a broken God
Oct 18, 2023
Oh my Gosh that wouldn be an absolute nightmare
Perobably read as many books as possible read manga, watch series, anime, movies, until the human civilization seizes to exit.
I wouvel a lot.
Would I still be alive when the earth is destroyed by the sun? Just a human floating into space? Nightmare intesifies x10000
I would go crazy at some point.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: binturong, wCvML2, Davey40210 and 1 other person
enduringwinter

enduringwinter

flower, water
Jun 20, 2024
You have not thought this through, is this troll? What happens when you age past human's nature lifespan? Is it just constant dying and waking up repeated forever?

R

ramon

Aug 10, 2024
[..] there are just so many things that could go wrong and make your life an eternal suffering. Just falling into a deep hole and unable to come out, being buried, going to prison, people finding out and keeping you as a perpetual test subject, etc.
You've pretty much summarized how A LOT of users here feel about immortality... heck, I agree with you on this one!
I think immortality with the option to exit is quite good though. Edge of Tomorrow is one of my favorite movies (I know, it has Tom Cruise, don't hate me for it :-) )
I don't hate you, but I'm pretty sure you and many others here will hate me for liking "In Time" (2011).

Yes. The one with Justin Timberlake.

Before you start using your sharp knives, head smashing boulders, cricket bats with nails, and baseball bats with barbwire against me, please, hear me out:

No gradual cripping effects of ageing, you live more depending on how hard or smart you work, you're not a freak to others for living for more than a century while still looking like a 25 year old, you can CTB just by stop working, death comes fast and painless, and (very important) you die looking young and pretty :blarg: (ok, just kidding).

You get the point!

(Now you can start lynching me)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: binturong, Davey40210 and charcoalcat
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
Do I still need to breathe, eat, drink, sleep? If I've become immortal and indestructable, I'd go and explore under the sea.
"Under da sea... Darling it's better, down where it's wetter. Take it from me!"🦀
Agree.. there are just so many things that could go wrong and make your life an eternal suffering. Just falling into a deep hole and unable to come out, being buried, going to prison, people finding out and keeping you as a perpetual test subject, etc.

As to what I would do.. probably do a lot of very dangerous sports, jump out of planes, and make money doing it. I'd probably amass enough money to have my own little kingdom and try to create like a "paradise" for my "subjects", hopefully showing the world how it could be done.
Your answers on eternal suffering are 😂
Also sounds like you'd try to create a real-life "the Beach" with Leo DiCaprio😂
You've pretty much summarized how A LOT of users here feel about immortality... heck, I agree with you on this one!

I don't hate you, but I'm pretty sure you and many others here will hate me for liking "In Time" (2011).

Before you start using your sharp knives, head smashing boulders, cricket bats with nails, and baseball bats with barbwire against me, please, hear me out:

No gradual cripping effects of ageing, you live more depending on how hard or smart you work, you're not a freak to others for living for more than a century while still looking like a 25 year old, you can CTB just by stop working, death comes fast and painless, and (very important) you die looking young and pretty :blarg: (ok, just kidding).

You get the point!

(Now you can start lynching me)
I didn't think In Time (2011) was that bad😂😭 I thought it had an interesting concept. But I'm a sucker for cheesy camp movies that may or may not star JT :/

Last edited:
  • Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Davey40210, ramon and Forever Sleep
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'd have to be locked up then because me dying is the only way to save the world from the evil deeds I would commit while I'm still alive. Even then I would just be a waste of resources to be kept imprisoned.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Davey40210 and Lostandlooking
C

charcoalcat

Apr 17, 2018

That was my favourite movie as well. Pertaining to this topic, I believe most people will be in a similar situation as the rich guy at the start of the movie; Having a century+ of lifespan but chose to gift everything to Timberlake. I remember he said something to the tune of "Our body can stay immortal but not our mind, it will get wasted". At some point we will do whatever it takes to erase ourselves out of existence.

• Love
Reactions: Davey40210 and ramon
Davey40210

Davey40210

Even the stars make room for new stars
Sep 3, 2024
"Under da sea... Darling it's better, down where it's wetter. Take it from me!"🦀

Your answers on eternal suffering are 😂
Also sounds like you'd try to create a real-life "the Beach" with Leo DiCaprio😂

I didn't think In Time (2011) was that bad😂😭 I thought it had an interesting concept. But I'm a sucker for cheesy camp movies that may or may not star JT :/

Haha I actually never saw the beach although I heard about it often, will prob see it this weekend :-)

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
That's the worst curse immortality

I don't want to live another second in this hell

The only good part of life is that it ends and after Death in non-existence forever

the greatest gift to a sentient animal like a human that has suffered in this hell is non-existence forever

Last edited:
Reactions: LifeQuitter, NoPoint2Life and ijustwishtodie
W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
My mission would become to Invent a hibernation chamber and opt out with prolonged unconsciousness for all eternity.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
vauhmit

vauhmit

May 6, 2024
become god of the world and fix it then probably find a way to make myself braindead so i dont have to acctually live forever