ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
One day, you wake up and discover that you have complete power over humanity. You can do whatever you want with the humans who are currently alive and humans who will be born (if you allow them to be born that is)... however, you cannot do anything about the humans who have died. Your power affects humanity only which means your power has no influence on other animals nor can it be used to increase the number of resources available in the universe (though you could make people not depend on the resources... just a suggestion)

Anyways, feel free to alter humans however you want. What would you do?

Reactions: sserafim, Lostandlooking and Kit1
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Wow. I would;
1. Stop all wars, discrimination, human right abuses, animal right abuses etc.
2. Equality for all human beings and respect foe animals and Mother Nature
3. Love thy neighbour - that includes everyone.
4. No person (including myself with these brilliant powers who should have these powers taken away once all of this comes true) should be more powerful that the next person.
5. Kindness, compassion, equity, equality, love, loyalty, truth, justice, good health and a number of other positive traits should be at the forefront of our hearts and we live by this.

Thank you for allowing me to dream..,
One day, you wake up and discover that you have complete power over humanity. You can do whatever you want with the humans who are currently alive and humans who will be born (if you allow them to be born that is)... however, you cannot do anything about the humans who have died. Your power affects humanity only which means your power has no influence on other animals nor can it be used to increase the number of resources available in the universe (though you could make people not depend on the resources... just a suggestion)

Anyways, feel free to alter humans however you want. What would you do?
What will be your reply to this?

Reactions: sserafim, BrainShower, ijustwishtodie and 2 others
spring vainglory

spring vainglory

from a moon soaked in distance.
Feb 3, 2024
Wow. I would;
1. Stop all wars, discrimination, human right abuses, animal right abuses etc.
2. Equality for all human beings and respect foe animals and Mother Nature
3. Love thy neighbour - that includes everyone.
4. No person (including myself with these brilliant powers who should have these powers taken away once all of this comes true) should be more powerful that the next person.
5. Kindness, compassion, equity, equality, love, loyalty, truth, justice, good health and a number of other positive traits should be at the forefront of our hearts and we live by this.

Thank you for allowing me to dream..,

couldnt have said it better myself. i think we're all on this site because the world just lacks true humanity and we want it back.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim and Kit1
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I don't know, I lack the knowledge to know what to do. As much as I would probably advocate to end all wars and make humans life in harmony, I think a lot of sacrifices must be made. I'd have to probably brainwash them to get people to cooperate and live peacefully. And, if I continue to go down this path, I'd be corrupt from all the power and go rogue... or I'll miscalculate something. Either way, some things that I definitely want to do is force people to be better with each other and I'll probably make them work for improving technology and all instead of intentionally doing planned obsolescence to gain sales and all. Also, I wish to remove their perception of suffering entirely

Also, I'd make people produce N for people to use whenever they want to leave this world and they wouldn't have to worry about others grieving for them and all

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim, Forever Sleep and Kit1
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Hmm, it sounds like we would be pretty omnipotent with this kind of power... So, I presume we'd now know whether there was a God?

That would be my first action. Let people know and presumably prove it either way. That way, our laws that are still dictated by religion to an extent can now be dictated by truth and people can have more freedom. If in fact there isn't a God, he/she/it should take on a similar role to Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny. Fine if people still want to celebrate all that stuff but- don't go to war for them. Don't kill for them, don't die for them, don't kill others in their name. Don't try and dictate what other people can and can't do because you read it in a book!

I don't think I would want to f*ck about with people too much. I think the freedom to choose is so important.

Still, there are certain crimes that break my heart. I think I'd remove peadophilia from the human psyche and the sadistic desire to rape or be violent to a larger extent.

I'd also instill in people a greater ecological sense so that we don't destroy the planet we need to survive on and we get better at sharing it with the rest of the animal kingdom. Maybe I'd give us the intelligence to come up with truly sustainable ways to live where we still have our comforts but, they don't obliterate the natural world.

• Hugs
Reactions: spring vainglory, sserafim, Kit1 and 2 others
H

HouseofMortok

Student
Jul 1, 2023
Thanos us all out of existence.

• Yay!
Reactions: spring vainglory, sserafim, Slow_Farewell and 2 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Idk maybe I'd just let everyone who currently exists and has ever existed get to experience their own personal heaven. Either that or I'd make everyone completely subservient to me by making me an endless supply of content to consume.

Reactions: spring vainglory and sserafim
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Tricky question..
If I am able to alter human traits, etc, i'd adjust it so that emotional triggers/responses would be less, and people would be more logical. Next, in terms of communication, i'd remove the need to sugar coat.
If I am not able to alter human traits, and instead have humans do what i tell them to do with their existing traits, then honestly it will turn into a dictatorship for a generation or two.
I'd pour in resources from first world to third world countries to bring them up to a certain standard, it wont be equal, because humans being humans they would still have their individual traits but the gap would lessen.
i'd take the existing geographical borders and lock them down for 5-10 years.
The Americas (North and South) would be forced to trade within their border only for that time, same with Europe and Asia.
I'll lift the ban after 5 years and allow for cross country travel.
Within each country/continent, i'd transfer wealth. Those who own farms but dont actually have anyone in their family doing the farming will have the farms removed and transferred over to the actual farmers and so on.
I'd have to revamp the school system as well. Trade-skills will be mandatory. Men will be taught how to use a sewing machine, women will be taught how to change a tire. I wouldn't care what their individual preferences are, i'd only care that the skills were taught and they have a reasonable grasp on it.
Psychology and Environmental Sciences would receive priority, and i'd crack down hard on things whose value is feelings based, ie: the price is determined by whatever the person is willing to pay for it.

Alternatively, i am leaning towards @HouseofMortok 's idea.

Reactions: sserafim and HouseofMortok
hail

hail

lost society
Jan 27, 2024
equality, as i believe it would solve the majority of the worlds problems

Reactions: sserafim
Doemu

Doemu

⸸ I am my own end ⸸
Feb 4, 2024
Educate them all. I truly believe in freedom.

I think the more you know, the more you become suicidal.

So i would give them infinite knowledge. I'm sure pro-lifers probably thinks it works the other way.

That would be my bet for humanity.

Reactions: sserafim
ThymeToLeave

ThymeToLeave

Adventurer
Dec 12, 2023
Remove people's tendencies toward sadism, hatred, and abuse regardless of whether their targets "deserve it" under the current paradigm.

Reactions: spring vainglory, sserafim and BruhXDDDDD
BruhXDDDDD

BruhXDDDDD

Student
Feb 18, 2022
Remove people's tendencies toward sadism, hatred, and abuse regardless of whether their targets "deserve it" under the current paradigm.
Damn son, are you me? I was about to say virtually the same thing lmao

bridge-walking

bridge-walking

Mar 5, 2023
find a nice beach somewhere, watch a sunset, then snap-fingers myself out of existence

Reactions: spring vainglory
B

BlessedBeTheFlame

All things are nothing to me
Feb 2, 2024
I have been tending towards outright anarchist leanings for years now. So honestly, I would wish to relinquish and abolish all power structures. I don't believe humans are inherently evil, but it's the hierarchies surrounding them, that slowly move and force their hand into what they do today.

Reactions: spring vainglory and sserafim