Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
Tbh, I don't know what I'd do

I don't know, if life ever took a nose dive, if I'd tough it out in shelters/streets/programs or go back home to abuse

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: idk3, lovedread, Forever Sleep and 3 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I have had both, it may have been in the 1960's and early 1970's but both of these aspects were horrible. I was homeless and hungry after my "parents" kicked me out when I turned 18 and I also spent the years till 18 being told the I was "the mistake". Oh also, getting kicked out with absolutely nothing and seeing my older brother getting new cars being bought for him by my "dad".

I would pick homeless and hungry over being subjected to all the mental AND physical abuse, always. Back in 1974 a VERY nice family took me in and housed and fed me as I got my feet on the ground and even if that would have not transpired, putting up with people who had sex and brought me into this world and wanting nothing to do with me was living death in itself. If it came to it, I would choose death over ever having to put up with what I endured till 18.

Walter

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Catch-22, Myforevercharlie, thebelljarrr and 3 others
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Both choices suck, but if it's just temporary I would go with the family.
I don't know the degree of abuse tho

• Hugs
Reactions: lovedread, Praestat_Mori and whywere
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
That's such an awful choice to make. I'm so sorry. I guess it does depend on the level of abuse and just how accessible shelters are where you are. Maybe it's kind of sexist but I also really worry for women on the streets. (Not sure if you are male or female.) I imagine they are especially vulnerable.

I hope it doesn't come to this for you. I'd say my childhood environment was toxic. It utterly sickens and frightens me to think of seeing someone from my childhood again. Faced with that, most other things seem preferable- including CTB. But, homelessness? That is a scary idea. I'm so sorry.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere, Catch-22, lovedread and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Whichever makes CTB easier I suppose. That could be either of the choices depending on how one views them though.

• Hugs
Reactions: Catch-22, moshimoshi and Praestat_Mori
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
It's one thing to give advice, and another to actually be in the situation. That said, I always say get away from the abuse. I think of a friend I have who was homeless for some time and is doing great now, and I just think it's better to rely on the kindness of strangers for a while. Being in the home with people who have abused you is so crippling.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: whywere, Water-Lily, Hvergelmir and 2 others
A

Ah.ow

scared person
Mar 12, 2024
Both choices suck, but if it's just temporary I would go with the family.
I don't know the degree of abuse tho
after the pain of homelessness, temporary family intentions or plans can become long, if something goes wrong, and with abusive family things often seem to. so I don't know, it depends on more details, but I am too afraid of family, though I've considered a bunch of times, when homeless peers or staff or others got so shit

• Hugs
Reactions: Catch-22 and Praestat_Mori
Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Adrenaline junkie
May 9, 2024
I would still choose to move back in with my parents. My dad is disabled now. Even if my mom wanted to physically abuse me, she wouldn't be strong enough to do any real damage unless she had a weapon. I would take that over being robbed, beaten, etc. by people on the street. However, CTB would be a better option than either of those.

Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I was where you where 30 years ago. Completely different circumstances, I didn't have much choice then going back.

Isn't there really not another option then moving back?

I'm so sorry you have to make a decision like this, but please if there's another way, don't move back, I've seen you in chat talking about your home situation. It won't stop..

Love to you

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere and moshimoshi
untothedepths

untothedepths

I'm so scared... I'm cold.
Mar 20, 2023
I guess homelessness. Then I'll just go out into the forest, and starve to death. It's not a """"nice"""" way to go but...nothing left to lose.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
In my case, I'd choose an abusive family as survival instinct will scare me enough to where I'd want to stay away from homelessness at all costs

Catch-22

Catch-22

But in the end it doesn't even matter...😢
Aug 19, 2019
These are some of the decisions I'm having to make. Most of the reason I want to CTB is because of decades of physical and mental illness but I've also endured decades of mental abuse because of having to live with my abusive mom. It has gotten severe and I can't take it anymore.. I'm mocked and made fun of for being disabled. I feel like my back is up against the wall. Housing is way too expensive where I live and there is no affordable housing.. The government is actually trying to kick me out to the streets I guess they think it's too nice for me. I live in a bug and mold infested house it is hardly living the life of luxury. Being disabled it is hard for me to even get around so I cannot just pick up and move plus I don't have any money. My mom is older and when she is gone I would be homeless anyway. All the money from the home is going to my severely abusive sister. My health is declining fast and the medical system has failed to help me on any level. I know I cannot make it on the streets in my condition. I can't take the physical and mental pain anymore or any abuse. So CTB it's my only option

• Aww..
Reactions: whywere and moshimoshi