vehbii

vehbii

Sep 13, 2024
Hello, I am writing with translate because I am not good at forming sentences in English. I apologize for my spelling mistakes. My question is this: I live in Turkey and I don't think I can do the SN test because of the difficulty of the English texts and the difficulty in finding materials. Should I trust the sellers selling SN on the internet here? Many of them have stated that the purity is over 98%, is this true? If the SN is less than 95% pure, won't death occur? If not, what will happen? Thanks in advance for your answers.

Reactions: Talvikki and Dejavu
N

nasigoreng99

Aug 23, 2024
It is suggested by PPH, the SN have to be 95% at least.

There are two type of tests: blood test and aquarium strip test.

And also once you post more here, you can use search function and maybe try searching post by people from Turkey so you can ask around about your SN.

Good luck!!!

• Informative
Reactions: vehbii, Dejavu, rozeske and 1 other person
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
The SN that is normally used in meat curing is around 6%, and that will NOT work. I have no idea if 80%, or even 90%, SN will result in death, but I wouldn't chance it. Stick to what is known that you need >95%. If in doubt about some SN, find a way to test it.

Reactions: lucmucpuc, vehbii and landslide2
Elzar

Elzar

Feb 11, 2024
I'm asking myself that question as well.
A lethal dose of SN is much smaller than the 25g usually advised. So with, let's say, only 80% purity, that should still be more than enough.
Even people who throw up pretty early on usually die, if not found.

Which would suggest there is a different reason. Is it some chemical reaction from the other "ingredients" (the 20% other stuff in this example)?
The SN that is normally used in meat curing is around 6%, and that will NOT work.
Really? That low? You sure you don't mean curing salt? That would be around .2%, I think.

If purity is usually either really high or really low, the simple blood test might actually be a good indication...

Last edited:
Reactions: Talvikki