Contraband

Contraband

Incompatible Software
May 26, 2024
when you say that, do you mean over and over again? or just once? would you have the ability to make different choices? would you have a recollection of living your life already?

if you kept your knowledge and experiences and could change things, i might.

Reactions: FERAL_FRENZY
Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Adrenaline junkie
May 9, 2024
No, I would rather continue living like this than relive life as a kid in an abusive family, even though I'm obviously unhappy with how things are at the moment.

• Love
Reactions: Cinnamorolls
maneose

maneose

love is harder than college entrance exams
Sep 10, 2023
Yea, I believe in reincarnation and honestly hope it's real (which seems to surprise a lot of people because I'm christian) I like to think that in another life I'm free from the pain of wanting to CTB at least. I like the idea of being able to experience different lives and cultures (like the egg theory), but also the reincarnation of just living your life again (hopefully just with better luck this time).

MiraiShisen

MiraiShisen

Student
Jun 15, 2023
Life for 99,9 % of species is just fighting to survive at the daily basis for entire life. No I dont wanna be part of this stupid mechanism where we have to kill others in order to keep our body allive. From perspective human-human reincarnation seem quite ok but history tell us how "good" we are to each other, we are just unable to coexist.

To answer question , probably yes. I had very good childhood and I have good family, so why not, it can be way way worse that this despite my life is full of pain last years.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I'd be too busy having a complete mental breakdown to ctb.

W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
welp I'd look for a way to stop the time loop. if the only way to stop the loop and exit permanently is to die of old age then I'd wait to die of old age.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
This topic comes up regularly in near-death studies and spiritual discourses generally. Punters seem to be torn between trying to reassure grieving people that their deceased loved ones are well, yet simultaneously dissuading the living from CTB. For the latter, the common 'threats' seem to be:

* Being reborn into the same lifetime from scratch
* Returning to the same lifetime just prior to death, with the death thwarted
* Being stuck earthbound until the pre-determined end point of the lifetime, possibly forced to witness the ramifications on loved ones left behind
* Being stuck in a void for an extremely long period of time

As with all suicide discussion, there is a need for nuance. An elderly/terminally ill person's suicide should be acceptable to any reasonable person. Yet the suicide of a schoolchild upset about a bad math test could be disagreeable to any reasonable person. Any sensible system would avoid a one-size-fits-all approach, accounting for different situations and motives.

Further, here are some of my concerns with the 'reborn from scratch' thing:
* What is to prevent an endless, inhumane loop of abuse, suicide, then repeat à la Groundhog Day?
* What of people who have already suffered through 40, 50, 60 years and then CTB; how to justify the punishment of reliving decades of misery when the life is mostly over anyway?
* How to punish suicide with altruistic motivations? Such as passing one's estate to the younger generation, preventing incurable mental illness from impacting others or avoiding being a burden?
* Given the requisite belief that life has a specific higher purpose that must not be thwarted, why would suicide fall under a different category and somehow violate the whole universe by being The Thing That Should Not Be?
* Why would suicide be punished in the most ironic and brutal way possible, yet legitimate crimes, such as the people who tormented us to the point of debilitation in the first place, get a free pass to paradise?

Thus, after decades of research on this topic, I've ended up forming my own opinion. I believe it is desirable to be in the highest possible state when dying. It is also desirable to learn all possible spiritual lessons that might form a higher purpose for having come here. To resolve as much as possible and reach the most universally compassionate possible state. However, with these issues engaged in to the highest possible standard, I do not feel it's necessary to suffer through the last decades of life if it is clear that there is no further opportunity for development and no benefit to others.

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It wouldn't make any difference what happened, I'd suffer regardless and the thought of being trapped in this endless cycle of meaningless suffering for all eternity truly is horrific but of course I don't believe in such. I only believe death to be non-existence, it's the eternal absence of all that causes existing beings to suffer, all that comforts me is the thought of never being able to suffer in this existence again.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Only if you commit suicide or, after natural death too? The same life? How though? How do we get born to the same parents if they're still alive here? Are there billions of planet earths out there to account for all the timelines? Or, billions of simulations?

But I reckon reincarnation of any kind may well suck. Especially to the same life. My childhood was shitty. So- I'd probably delay it for as long as possible- if that were the case. Especially if there were even worse repercussions for committing suicide.

trappedinthislife

trappedinthislife

Student
May 13, 2024
So do i just repeat my life, like time gets turned back? Do I turn into another person?

Idk, I guess I'll just ctb when my body gets old and weak. And IDK if I get to keep my memories or not. I hope I do. Or do research to try and break the loop.

EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
yes, absolutely! :D in fact, I'd have done so long ago! :DDD I get to experience the greatest years of my life again and again! >w< Sounds incredible! :D

katara

katara

tired all the time
Mar 17, 2022
if i cant change anything no
Ditto, i think if i could change things it would be interesting. I always wondered what my life would be like if i actually stood up for myself.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
It really depends on how much of my memories I can retain and whether or not I can even affect the next cycle of my life. If I can't, then I guess I'd prefer to just let this one go on as long as possible. If it turns out I can make make the next life a different one I guess I might try that then.