I

indexmatica

life is too much
Oct 14, 2023
I feel pretty bad as usual. Three weeks ago an aunt died and I cleaned her dead body. She died at my cousin's house and I was there at the time. She had cancer. It's the first time I touched a dead body, the smell, the feel of the skin, the weight of the body once the person is dead is a feeling I can't forget and I think it traumatized me a little bit. She was in the intensive recovery process of my brother after a traffic accident that could have killed him and that is why I was fond of her. I don't like to remember her like this, but I don't know what I should do.
I have been dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts for a long time. I have taken antidepressant medication to overdose, but it was not successful. I had to deal with the consequences. I have been looking for painless methods, but it is also very difficult for me to commit suicide. All that trauma and pain that I can cause to those around me, whether they hurt me or not, is something that stops me. I don't feel happy. I am a student at a prestigious university in my country, I am doing very well academically, I even have a job with multiple professors. I have a scholarship from the state and I have won two important awards from the university. But I don't feel happy, none of this makes me feel better, in fact, it makes me feel more depressed, stressed out and anxious. Sometimes I think that the people around me are not interested in me, think badly of me or envy me.
I told a friend that I won again the award for the best in my career. The next day, I saw her with puffy eyes, as if she had cried. That made me feel bad and it makes me rethink our friendship.
But I'm a coward. I haven't kill myself after all. I live in a lot of pain, the world is a horrible place. I wish I had the courage like some people to commit suicide and finally be free.
Also, I feel like I am a bad person. For example, there are times when I don't want to eat because my sister asks me to make food, but I get busy because I am working or studying and sometimes I don't do it and she gets mad at me. So I prefer not to eat because I feel guilty, as if I don't deserve the food she makes, even though she always leaves me food. It makes me feel very bad and I just wish my heart would stop beating and I could leave this world. In fact, I wish I had never been born.
We are suffering, everyone does, if you are reading this post, probably you're in a lot of pain. I wish I could end all the suffering from you, but it's impossible.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: UnrulyNightmare, CouldaHvBeenARock, Forever Sleep and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Existing is also painful for me, I certainly understand that it's so dreadful and tiring suffering in this existence. But anyway I wish you all the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: indexmatica
UnrulyNightmare

UnrulyNightmare

Student
Jul 3, 2024
I'm so so sorry for your pain 🫂
Handling a dead body is an experience in itself... And it can feel scary and terribly painful..

You might want to try everytime you notice you're thinking about it switch to a (somewhat forced in the beginning maybe) happier memory of your aunt.
Can't promise you it will work but it helped me a little after I had to do the same, but for my mom.

I don't think you're a coward either way. Killing yourself takes incredible strength as much as keeping yourself alive does.
I'm sorry you can't enjoy what you have.

Maybe having an honest talk with your friend might make you feel a bit more connected again?

Hope you find a way to feel a bit better 🩵🤗

• Hugs
Reactions: indexmatica
I

indexmatica

life is too much
Oct 14, 2023
I'm so so sorry for your pain 🫂
Handling a dead body is an experience in itself... And it can feel scary and terribly painful..

You might want to try everytime you notice you're thinking about it switch to a (somewhat forced in the beginning maybe) happier memory of your aunt.
Can't promise you it will work but it helped me a little after I had to do the same, but for my mom.

I don't think you're a coward either way. Killing yourself takes incredible strength as much as keeping yourself alive does.
I'm sorry you can't enjoy what you have.

Maybe having an honest talk with your friend might make you feel a bit more connected again?

Hope you find a way to feel a bit better 🩵🤗
Thank you for your help and kind words. It means a lot to me

• Love
Reactions: UnrulyNightmare