PlushieLover

PlushieLover

XII - THE HANGED MAN
Mar 24, 2021
Before I discovered this site, my suicide method was just running away to a forest and stab myself to death. I learned the sn method but I think it's frustrating to get sn that you are sure it works, well actually everything in the sn method is frustrating, I'm probably just stupid for not understanding what I should I do exactly to not fail so I investigate another methods. By far the easiest one is just hanging but is hard, you need to find a perfect place to hang, a perfect rope, a perfect time and day etc etc.

So I think that I will most likely just stab myself in the chest or neck in my bathtub. Also I like the idea of stabing myself more, is a more interesting way to go I suppose.

What do you guys think?

• Hugs
Reactions: death137 and motel rooms
Ness

Ness

They/Them pronouns, please
Aug 28, 2019
Losing blood from a stab wound could take a while depending on where the wound is and how deep, personally I think aiming for your own neck or chest would be very difficult. It's also not easy to actually go through with stabbing yourself, it might take time to gather up the feelings or lack of that's needed for it.

Reactions: PlushieLover, setup, xianv111 and 1 other person
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I don't think that's a good idea...

Reactions: PeacefulTonic, Pluto, Bone and 4 others
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
A study by Harvard called "Lethality of Suicide Methods" (you can find this easily online by searching - Harvard- and this title) shows suffocation/hanging at a 61.4% success rate and cutting or piercing at a 1.2% success rate- so cutting works on average 1 out of every 83 times. It is extremely difficult to ctb by cutting, so I really would not recommend that method unless you are an expert of anatomy- possibly a nurse or doctor- and are extremely confident of opening a major artery. Basically, cutting almost never works. As far as hanging goes- there is partial, full suspension, and drop. Partial fails much more often than the other two, and drop is more difficult for a person to do themselves- drop is what is generally done for public executions.

• Love
Reactions: stupidrat, Pluto, PlushieLover and 1 other person
S

setup

Experienced
Nov 18, 2021
I think u haven't really thought this through.

Reactions: justsayin and PlushieLover
Account unknown

Account unknown

Reprehensible
Nov 19, 2021
Before I discovered this site, my suicide method was just running away to a forest and stab myself to death. I learned the sn method but I think it's frustrating to get sn that you are sure it works, well actually everything in the sn method is frustrating, I'm probably just stupid for not understanding what I should I do exactly to not fail so I investigate another methods. By far the easiest one is just hanging but is hard, you need to find a perfect place to hang, a perfect rope, a perfect time and day etc etc.

So I think that I will most likely just stab myself in the chest or neck in my bathtub. Also I like the idea of stabing myself more, is a more interesting way to go I suppose.

What do you guys think?
You're more likely to seriously injure yourself and cause immense pain than actually following through with the suicide. It could take you a long time to bleed out while being in terrible pain in which point your SI would probably kick in too and force yourself to call for help when you see the result of what you've done.

You could also catch a nerve or something else and just do permanent damage to yourself without hitting anything lethal. Too many variables and most likely an agonising way to go…

Perhaps reconsider? Stick around the forums long enough and you'll see some more methods that have a much higher success rate and much less pain. Sorry you feel this way.

• Love
Reactions: PlushieLover, rationaltake and sandalphon
PlushieLover

PlushieLover

XII - THE HANGED MAN
Mar 24, 2021
I'll reconsider taking sn but without all the extra like painkillers and stuff if I can't find a place to hang. Stabing seems to be impractical. Thanks for the answer guys I really appreciate it.

L

lastlife_

Nov 15, 2021
the easiest one is just hanging but is hard, you need to find a perfect place to hang, a perfect rope, a perfect time and day etc etc.
There's actually no such thing as the perfect place, perfect rope or perfect time and day. If that was the case, everyone who succeeded would've died in the same or similar circumstances but I've read hundreds of cases, I'd be surprised if I hadn't read a thousand yet, and every case is different.. and actually, I rarely see any detail of a rope being involved. I more often see belts, bedsheets, articles of clothing, electrical cords than ropes, and the place always varies, too. Sometimes it's outside in a park or wooded area, other times it's at home, in the hospital or another place. I think on SS we get too caught up with everything needing to be one specific way and it has to be perfectly planned very meticulously and it's impossible to do it without that plan etc etc but I learned that it's all procrastination.. it's almost our survival instincts way of venting and finding more excuses to push the date back. I'm guilty of doing that, too but my patience is wearing thin and I've realised that I'm just wasting time by finding another reason to delay what's inevitable for me anyway. When it's time, it's time.. doesn't matter what the ligature is as long as it's strong enough and doesn't matter what the anchor is as long as it's secure.

• Love
Reactions: justsayin and PlushieLover
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
A study by Harvard called "Lethality of Suicide Methods" (you can find this easily online by searching - Harvard- and this title) shows suffocation/hanging at a 61.4% success rate and cutting or piercing at a 1.2% success rate- so cutting works on average 1 out of every 83 times. It is extremely difficult to ctb by cutting, so I really would not recommend that method unless you are an expert of anatomy- possibly a nurse or doctor- and are extremely confident of opening a major artery. Basically, cutting almost never works. As far as hanging goes- there is partial, full suspension, and drop. Partial fails much more often than the other two, and drop is more difficult for a person to do themselves- drop is what is generally done for public executions.
I've actually seen that more people ctb partial than full. I think it was india stats.