Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Reallyreallyreally

Experienced
Jan 13, 2020
EDIT: I went through all my threads one by one and used the report button to request it be deleted. I don't know if there's a better way to do this. Once everything is down maybe I'll feel better. I really wish I could go through and delete everything I've said or done everywhere. I hate this feeling. It's like trying not to drop a heavy lit torch onto the dry field I'm standing in the middle of.

I don't know where to put this post so I'm trying it here. I think seeds of conflict are starting to sprout on one of my posts and staying out of it is not my forte. I don't want to start being mean to people so can someone please ban me? If I decide I can function here in a healthy way I'll be able to appeal it, right? Can someone let me know before you ban me? Thanks.

Last edited:
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
I don't know where to put this post so I'm trying it here. I think seeds of conflict are starting to sprout on one of my posts and staying out of it is not my forte. I don't want to start being mean to people so can someone please ban me? If I decide I can function here in a healthy way I'll be able to appeal it, right? Can someone let me know before you ban me? Thanks.
You can self ban, or write on of the moderators :)

SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
If you self ban, only admin can lift it as they have the right access to do it. If a moderator bans you, its usually up to that moderator to lift the ban, but in theory, any member of staff can remove it/reverse it.

But banning yourself to prevent posting a reply on a thread is a little extreme do you not think?

Reactions: pole and mesohappy
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Yeah I agree with @SinisterKid here. Banning yourself just to avoid posting a reply is (imo) a bit extreme. You could ask a moderator to lock/delete a topic or just refrain from replying.

R

Reallyreallyreally

Experienced
Jan 13, 2020
I guess I can sit on it. I wanted to go back and just take the parts out that people were arguing with or maybe just change the wording of the original post but there seems to be a timer on that, and I don't know how to find an option that doesn't involve either complete passivity or engaging in debate which I have a really hard time staying civil with. I posted a list that of things to do in the moment that might make a person feel better but it's caught the ire of quite a few people and I already spend a huge amount of energy IRL trying to avoid social brushfires. I could just stop coming but I get sort of obsessive about checking things over and over.
Yeah I agree with @SinisterKid here. Banning yourself just to avoid posting a reply is (imo) a bit extreme. You could ask a moderator to lock/delete a topic or just refrain from replying.
Okay, I can do this. I think it might be too late though. I've already caught too much attention from the wrong people. I feel like a deer in the headlights.
I used the report button to ask for it to be taken down. I don't have the mental energy for conflict while I also don't have the mental energy to avoid it.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Time
Status
Not open for further replies.