sevennn

sevennn

Arcanist
Sep 11, 2024
if death was a place you could walk to. say, everywhere that people are, everywhere a large group of people finds themselves - this place would appear. all by itself. and you could simply walk to it. like any destination. and as you'd reach it. you'd die. peaceful. just collapse on the ground. now if it existed. what do you think would happen? i think there would be fences and guards and no one would be allowed to walk to it. do you think so? i think there would be laws and punishments. and there would be restrictions. and it would be forbidden. and sinful. to walk to it. they would say it's a portal to hell, it's a tempting satans trap to get your soul. each religion would be shunning this place. people would go insane. standing in front of that spot, surrounded by spiked up fences, camping out, trying to "save" people and posting it on social media. it would be a forbidden place to walk up to. fear mongering of what's really inside, as no one would be allowed to see it. and sanctioned suicide would still exist. and we would still be trying to drink SN, blow our brains out and hang ourselvs.

i guess what i'm trying to say is. if there was a totally painless and very easy way to die that presented itself as a natural part of life. you'd not be allowed it anyway. if nobody needed to do anything. no assisted, no euthanasia laws. if all that needed to be done is to just not stand in the way and just let people walk.. people wouldn't be allowed to walk. this is what i think. even in such awful simplicity. even if there was an actual door out of here, that was neither good nor bad, that is a part of our nature (as is death). and all you had to do is mind your business and respect others decisions. people would still be restricted. no they wouldn't mind their fucking business. nothing would change. almost everyone would agree this is the best decision. everything would stay the same. even if it was that easy, and you could just walk to it. peaceful death, you'd not be allowed it

• Love
Reactions: SomeBody123, Forever Sleep, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others