• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

wildflowers1996

wildflowers1996

Arcanist
Oct 14, 2023
I HATE that no matter what anyone says, no one will ever be able to reassure me that I'm not going to hell. Even though I agree it probably doesn't exist. And that people can explain how the idea of hell arose. My brain will always go "what if you're wrong". "What if the devil is tricking you into ctb". And it stops me from ctb and escaping the constant pain I'm in. I'm so trapped.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, Praestat_Mori, drearysunrise and 2 others
Whiston72

Whiston72

Jan 6, 2024
You are definitely not going to hell. There is no hell or heaven sadly. Religion was just a means for early humans to group together and thus progress further.

I hope you find peace.

Reactions: everythingoes, sserafim, Hollowman and 1 other person
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
As much as I hate religion, I do have to admit that its scare tactics truly can be extremely effective... it's rare to have scare tactics that are this effective. I think that some people are just cursed to always subconsciously believe in a hell and unfortunately you're one of them. I would also probably be one of them too if I wasn't autistic. In my case, I'm more logical than emotional due to my autism hence the fear of hell doesn't work on me. I can't be scared by what isn't real and will never be real. Sadly others aren't as lucky in that aspect

Reactions: DeIetedUser4739, everythingoes, sserafim and 2 others
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

I was wrong
Sep 19, 2023
It's understandable to at least think about it. Infinitesimally low chance of hell being real, but infinitely high level of suffering if it is. Undefined appropriate level of worry.

Reactions: drearysunrise
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
There is no hell and no devil because there is no afterlife .

This world and this life is already hell

A human is just a machine who thinks it's you

Reactions: DeIetedUser4739, sserafim and divinemistress36
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
If God is all loving like religion says he wouldnt punish someone for being mentally ill and taking their own life that seems crazy to me

Reactions: locked*n*loaded and devils~advocate
L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
Which version of hell do you believe in?

wildflowers1996

wildflowers1996

Arcanist
Oct 14, 2023
thank you everyone

laughinggoat - I don't know. I have such a fear of being in physical / emotional agony forever. Religious people say God is perfect so the smallest sin makes you unworthy of God and so deserving of eternal torture

devils~advocate

devils~advocate

Feb 29, 2024
Well when you learn about all the religions...the Abrahamic ones & non....you learn that they all can't be right at the same time.
Its either one of them has it right & all others have it wrong OR they are all wrong.
I dont mean to criticize someones beliefs, so forgive this venting
When one looks at Christianity, Judaism, Islam & all the various off-shoots, sects etc.....the followers within each claim they have the truth....but they can't all be right at the same time...hence all the past & current wars that are going on due to this.
Then you can look at all the offshoots of these....Jehovah Witness, Mormonism, etc etc Then there is Hinduism, Buddhism, etc.
What about far out things like Scientology, etc etc....yeah most think they are crazy...but the same applies. They all feel they have the truth.

I mean, watch some YT videos about any of these...your jaw will drop in disbelief. It did for me. I was awestruck at the beliefs of these various groups.
Some are down right bizarre. It confirms that either they are all wrong.....or it says that an all-knowing deity is playing some games with us all.

Last edited:
Reactions: divinemistress36 and untothedepths
wildflowers1996

wildflowers1996

Arcanist
Oct 14, 2023
Well when you learn about all the religions...the Abrahamic ones & non....you learn that they all can't be right at the same time.
Its either one of them has it right & all others have it wrong OR they are all wrong.
I dont mean to criticize someones beliefs, so forgive this venting
When one looks at Christianity, Judaism, Islam & all the various off-shoots, sects etc.....the followers within each claim they have the truth....but they can't all be right at the same time...hence all the past & current wars that are going on due to this.
Then you can look at all the offshoots of these....Jehovah Witness, Mormonism, etc etc Then there is Hinduism, Buddhism, etc.
What about far out things like Scientology, etc etc....yeah most think they are crazy...but the same applies. They all feel they have the truth.

I mean, watch some YT videos about any of these...your jaw will drop in disbelief. It did for me. I was awestruck at the beliefs of these various groups.
Some are down right bizarre. It confirms that either they are all wrong.....or it says that an all-knowing deity is playing some games with us all.
I know they can't all be right but I'm scared one of them is and idk which

devils~advocate

devils~advocate

Feb 29, 2024
That alone is odd....why would a deity that is all knowing, loving, about justice, compassion, etc....allow competing theologies that are wrong to spread around the world...and allow millions of un-knowing followers to those wrong ones. Thats not really compassionate or loving at all.
I know thinking about all this is not easy...no one questions things like this lightly or for fun.

Im assuming you are referring to Abrahamic religions? and their concept of Hell.
Well they all have a concept of Hell but who would be sent there varies greatly.
If its Christianity....then everyone else goes.
If its Islam....then everyone else goes.
I dont even think Judaism has a concept of Hell. So maybe take up being Jewish. At least it has a some great cuisine.
I dont think Mormons or JWs do either.....But they are too weird & cultish.

Last edited:
Reactions: divinemistress36
untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
Fearmongering has lasting effects and none of them force people to be good. People are good because of their actions and genuineness to be good. They didn't need some sort of fictional character to give them morals, which those morals were written in a book..by men, so you can't even trust that they weren't lying. I understand the fear of hell though, but I think the more you approach any religion from the point of rationality it gets easier over time. Hell was man made too, so it is most likely a fictional place. Until I see some magical being come into existence I'm not going to just believe whatever fictional rules or myths matter.

Reactions: divinemistress36
jar-baby

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
I don't know if helps to frame it this way, but don't you think if one of them was true God would just tell you which one it was? I know the way some religions frame it, your belief determines whether or not you go to hell, but that just doesn't make sense—the irrationality of salvific belief as a concept was one of the reasons I stopped believing in religion.

Last edited:
Reactions: locked*n*loaded
devils~advocate

devils~advocate

Feb 29, 2024
First I dont want to criticize anyones faith or hurt them.....but ive been thru this as well. I grew up with a family that all believed. You were expected to believe as well.
Belief isnt a choice though. You either do or you don't. Belief is a strong action in the human mind....its not something you can make up or just take away on purpose.

There have been lots of discussions on religion, faith,...what they mean, whats required, why is it required, etc etc
Its a philosophical rabbit hole that can go on & on. Some people make careers out of it.
If you are contemplating belief...I would suggest looking at the serious criticisms of religion & faiths.

For instance, for criticism of Christian ideas (the one I am familiar & grew up with)...there is a lot out there and the internet now makes all that easy to see.
Bart Ehrman is a good one to listen to....hes a professor that was once a believer (till not too long ago) https://www.youtube.com/@bartdehrman
Prophet of Zod https://www.youtube.com/@ProphetofZod
Paulogia https://www.youtube.com/@Paulogia
There are various others out there as well that show you the other side of the conversation.

The same goes for all the other religions out there as well. There is a lot of information out there now.
Knowledge is power & freedom...but it can be hurtful as well in this case.
I know all to well. Getting to the point I am now was a process that was heartbreaking..

Last edited:
Reactions: toms_space_station, jar-baby and divinemistress36