sadbeans

sadbeans

scared & alone
Aug 28, 2023
Went in with the intention of just checking out a new therapist. Ended up talking too much, almost revealed my method. Now I'm so fucking scared I'll get reported/sent off. Can't do anything about it now.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Sannti, AnonGermany, dialogos and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I hope you don't end up suffering even more in a psych ward, it's so inhumane to me how we exist in a world where suicidal people end up being punished simply for wanting to die, sadly I just don't believe that suicide can be openly talked about in this anti-suicide society.

dialogos

dialogos

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
Went in with the intention of just checking out a new therapist. Ended up talking too much, almost revealed my method. Now I'm so fucking scared I'll get reported/sent off. Can't do anything about it now.
Did you ask her/him not to report you? Just say it was just a relief to get it off your chest but just a fantasy on your part and you know its not right and that's why you're looking for a new therapist to help you manage it. I think he/she will believe you

sadbeans

sadbeans

scared & alone
Aug 28, 2023
Did you ask her/him not to report you? Just say it was just a relief to get it off your chest but just a fantasy on your part and you know its not right and that's why you're looking for a new therapist to help you manage it. I think he/she will believe you
I tried to but I'm worried I didn't make it clear enough. I was already hesitant to go in the first place and when I was there I just wanted to get out as fast as possible. To be honest it's all a blur I'm not even 100% percent sure what exactly I said, but I'm really scared and the anxiety is consuming me. I get a meeting on Monday hopefully they hold off on anything until then and I can clear things up.

strawberry_lemons

strawberry_lemons

Feel free to contact me <3
Aug 29, 2023
That sounds very stressful and Im sorry you have to worry like that. thearpists cannot share unless you have given them a reason you will seriouly hurt yourself or others in the near future, if you gave enough clairty that they are just thoughts you should be okay. take a deep breath and listen to some music you like, we cannot change what has already happened so just try your best to stay calm <3

• Love
Reactions: AnonGermany
Epsilon Lyrae

Epsilon Lyrae

Aug 23, 2023
if your therapist is a psychologist I don't think they can immediately send you to the hospital against your will if you mention anything about the suicide. As I'm concerned only he psychiatrist can involuntary commit you and only if you show imminent and immediate threat to yourself or others, and just saying something weird is probably not going to get you locked up. I don't know what did you tell them, but if it wasn't that you're killing your self tonight, it will most likely be alright.

But please try not to overthink it. The fact is you probably is not the first person who thinks they have "talked too much" on a therapy. In reality it's not like anyone with suicidal thoughts gets sent out of the society. Cases of involuntary commitments and in fact very rare.

So try not to think about it right now, and wait until your next appointment. I hope that the next time it will be more comfortable to you. Also feel free to update us on any news. Good luck to you and take care