• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

LonelyKitten

LonelyKitten

Seeking one final escape
Aug 13, 2023
Hello, this is a question relevant to my jumping method.

It involves going through airport security, as I sincerely hope to avoid passing in this country.
So, they make you take off your coat as you go through the scanner.
There are a lot of cutting lines on both of my arms, they cover about a third of one (partial) side of each upper arm.
Obviously I don't want to draw attention to self-harm and potentially raise mental health questions in front of security/police-type personnel.

I may just be overthinking this, most likely they won't notice, think twice about it, or really care, but it's better to be prepared just in case.

I was thinking I could say I petted a stray cat (this part is at least true, I pet strays fairly often) and it clawed me up really badly? (the strays never actually hurt me, though)
Though I'm not too happy to be outright lying, especially if it's an actual officer.
It's really unbelievable anyhow, given the line patterns, so if they're in a prying mood, an on-the-nose lie like that could actually raise more trouble.

Have not encountered this issue before despite having flown a lot, as I used to cut very differently.
Just deep enough to bleed a good amount and leave marks that could be covered by a bandaid here and there.
Sort of like cat scratches, they'd disappear after many months, so I kept doing it that way to avoid long-term scarring.
After my most recent flight I cut again for the first time in years, using a completely different tool than before however.

Now during planning I realize I didn't consider how this might affect flying.
I cut in a very wanton manner, not even accounting whether the lines might stay when it came to their depth, as well as how their placement and quantity is honestly really overt. oops.

Would love to hear any ideas for avoiding/downplaying the issue.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: flowers in the mist, peachchildtenshi and avaruus
ClownCringe

ClownCringe

Remember being able to move?
Jan 18, 2020
Long sleeve shirt. Like a turtleneck. Can make an outfit out of it :sunglasses:

In all seriousness it shouldn't be an issue.

• Informative
Reactions: squirley, avaruus and LonelyKitten
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Aside from some awkwardness (like always) I really don't think it will impede your ability to pass through security.

Reactions: avaruus and LonelyKitten
passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
You could wrap your entire arm. But I doubt they'll prevent you from flying. You could just awkwardly laugh it off and say you do a lot of hiking or something.

• Informative
Reactions: avaruus and LonelyKitten
peachchildtenshi

peachchildtenshi

life
Apr 6, 2023
I had actually thought about this when I was going on an international trip just recently, I had to stop cutting myself for a while, while it did not disappear completely i tried my best to cover it with my watch, which worked out. Im sure if you used bandages or bandaid it would be fine, but this was just my experience hiding cutting marks on my wrist

• Hugs
Reactions: LonelyKitten
outlook56

outlook56

Sep 24, 2023
7$ concealer

Attachments

• 28780246_MaybellineFitMeConcealer-2-680x680.png
    28780246_MaybellineFitMeConcealer-2-680x680.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: toms_space_station