R

Roxas4001

Jul 17, 2024
What's in the title i can't buy anything to help with ctb so i have to go with more accessibly methods like falling from a high place so what height would be best and for reference i'm underweight around 40kg.

LapseInTime

LapseInTime

Top-notch parasite.
Sep 4, 2024
What's in the title i can't buy anything to help with ctb so i have to go with more accessibly methods like falling from a high place so what height would be best and for reference i'm underweight around 40kg.
It depends on SOOO many things; the angle with which you'll fall, whether there is anything to halt your momentum, etc. I don't think there is such thing as an "ideal" height similarly to hanging where the drop-distance must be proportionate to your weight and height; not too much above, certainly not below otherwise the neck won't snap. That's far too different, I think.

• Informative
Reactions: vampire2002 and QteStimBnnuy
R

Roxas4001

Jul 17, 2024
It depends on SOOO many things; the angle with which you'll fall, whether there is anything to halt your momentum, etc. I don't think there is such thing as an "ideal" height similarly to hanging where the drop-distance must be proportionate to your weight and height; not too much above, certainly not below otherwise the neck won't snap. That's far too different, I think.
Good point thanks, there's nothing below the area besides some water with depth that i don't know and as for how high up it is i should check to be sure.

S

samusaranvie

Sep 8, 2024
From what I understand, the most important things are the height of the bridge, the depth of the water, how your body is positioned when you enter the water, and the conditions of the water when you hit it (mainly if there are high waves).

You also have to take into account that there's a chance that you don't die on impact, and that you drown or die from hypothermia if you're able to somehow keep yourself afloat. If you somehow survive, you're in for a painful recovery.

I'm reading a book called "The Final Leap: Suicide on the golden gate bridge" and it says

Most people don't know that it's not unusual for jumpers to survive the fall. Upon hitting the water their bones shatter, their body organs burst, they plunge deep beneath the surface, and ultimately they drown. Far from being a fast and painless way to die, jumping from the bridge can produce final minutes that are excruciating and terrifying.

As long as you're okay with that possibility, then just try and make sure you take into account all the variables.

27ClubSoon

27ClubSoon

Potential Former Person
Aug 21, 2024
My broken brain was trying to work out why a person being different height would matter for this lol

S

samusaranvie

Sep 8, 2024
If you can't find the height of the bridge, there are ways to calculate it by dropping a stone from the bridge and counting how long it takes until it hits the water then plugging it into an equation. It's an estimate but it's better than nothing. As for finding the depth of the water, I'm not sure. I'm guessing if you know the name of the bridge you'd be able to find information online. If you can't, maybe going to your local library and asking there, or even the city/municipality that maintains the bridge could have a number you can call or something.