• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

thedyslexigturtle

Apr 1, 2024
we chase the feeling of happiness more so the chemicals our Brain realises to Push us thru another day of the same struggle, it's not even for love or happiness we drag are selfies towards, no its just because we're afraid of the melancholy mind, for it show's the lie of happiness for happiness is just an animalistic drive handed down from are fourfather's so that we can make another generation of fools to Wonder the world endlessly looking for a reason to keep chasing that lie (sorry for bad English it's not my first languages)

• Informative
Reactions: Unknown21
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
The issue with sensory pleasure is that strong craving for it causes unrest even if you are able to secure it later. And after securing it you need more and variations of it causing more unrest. It's never ending just like you said. But avoiding unpleasant can also hurt in the same way, so our lives just become a simple scale of trying to escape unpleasant by chasing fleeting pleasant to keep us distracted. And we end up on a hamster wheel like everyone around us becoming aggressive at the thought of standing still.

Reactions: divinemistress36
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
I don't think "happiness" is the right definition for the feeling you're trying to achieve.

Attachments

• 170769_emotion-wheel-positive-affect-lo-res-11.2019.jpg
    170769_emotion-wheel-positive-affect-lo-res-11.2019.jpg
    746.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 170768_emotion-wheel-11.2019-web.jpg
    170768_emotion-wheel-11.2019-web.jpg
    792.8 KB · Views: 0
T

thedyslexigturtle

Apr 1, 2024
I don't think "happiness" is the right definition for the feeling you're trying to achieve.
Those two diagrams are interesting to look at but it's hard to think of it and the other way than just chemicals serotonin and dopamine just so you don't die because there was a studie were they took away The dopamine receptors from Lab rats and the rats died of hunger

Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
Those two diagrams are interesting to look at but it's hard to think of it and the other way than just chemicals serotonin and dopamine just so you don't die because there was a studie were they took away The dopamine receptors from Lab rats and the rats died of hunger
Yes, it must have been sad not being able to feel the typical pleasure while eating (or probably anyway), but what was the point?