Marco77

Marco77

À ma manière 🪦
Aug 18, 2024
I am 181cm tall and 110kg. What string should I get, is 12mm ok? in what fibre? I read here in the forum about rings that can be worn to avoid compressing the trachea too much, do they work? I also have to use some paper over the ring? Thanks everyone for the help.

PS. Yesterday I tried to squeeze the sides of my neck where I feel the pulse with my fingers, but nothing happened. Maybe because my neck is too wide? Is there a risk that he won't lose consciousness until he dies?

Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
are you doing partial suspension, or full? if it's the former, you can get away with using more unconventional ligatures like exercise bands or belts. though partial is notoriously a difficult method to pull off. but if you're doing the latter, a proper good rope is required to be safe. something like double braided dockline either polyester or polypropylene; and 12mm is ideal. mine has a breaking strength of something like 1800lbs, so something like that would be way more than enough for you.

I read here in the forum about rings that can be worn to avoid compressing the trachea too much, do they work?
the only rings I'm familiar with are the ones used by the british for executions back in the 1800s, but this was for long drop hanging and I don't believe it has any effect on trachea pressure. some people when doing partial will put socks filled with rice or cornhole bags over the arteries, so when the pressure closes around the neck the trachea remains open. not sure how feasible this is for full, though.

PS. Yesterday I tried to squeeze the sides of my neck where I feel the pulse with my fingers, but nothing happened. Maybe because my neck is too wide? Is there a risk that he won't lose consciousness until he dies?
typically, most people won't be able to properly occlude their arteries with their fingers, despite how little pressure is required. everyone's anatomy is different, but i don't see people doing it successfully very often. you could try doing a test run with that rope, making a noose but not tying the other end to something, so when you pass out you'll just wake up as the pressure will loosen when you lose consciousness. make sure you're seated when you do this, obviously.

Marco77

Marco77

À ma manière 🪦
Aug 18, 2024
Ma se stai facendo la seconda, è necessaria una corda di buona qualità per essere sicuri. Qualcosa come una cima di ormeggio a doppia treccia, in poliestere o polipropilene; e 12 mm è l'ideale. La mia ha una resistenza alla rottura di circa 1800 libbre, quindi qualcosa del genere sarebbe più che sufficiente per te.

I do complete suspension, so I don't back out at the last minute. I'm afraid I won't lose consciousness and suffer for minutes. Maybe I should tighten the noose as tight as I can? I read Evelyn's guide, but it doesn't help me much in losing consciousness, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
I do complete suspension, so I don't back out at the last minute. I'm afraid I won't lose consciousness and suffer for minutes. Maybe I should tighten the noose as tight as I can? I read Evelyn's guide, but it doesn't help me much in losing consciousness, maybe I'm doing something wrong.
If i can put your worries to rest, you won't suffer for minutes doing full. Think about it, it only requires a few kg of pressure to close your arteries, and you're 110kg. If you're using a good noose knot that tightens easily, you'll be out relatively quick. That's more of a myth anyway, but I definitely understand thinking like that as it was one of my worries for a while too.

Have you read this guide? https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/full-suspension-102-a-guide.147373/
I feel this one, combined with Evelyn's guide, may be adequate information for you.

As for tightening (pre-tightening?) the noose, this is recommended. You'll want it as close to the top of your neck just under the jaw, since if you place it any lower it'll just slide up there anyways and cause a lot of pain.