Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
How depression can leave you just utterly exhausted.
I had a brief depressed episode earlier and now I am McFucked, just fighting sleep is becoming a challenge. Fml.
Anyone else just find being depressed exhausting?

Love brothers and sisters

DBD

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: MsMaudlin, Klee, Denise2207 and 11 others
Supertramp

Supertramp

Feb 9, 2020
Have you ever looked into stoicism? If you have audible I suggest listening to Seneca essays volume 1. I'm not saying it's a cure all, but it has helped me more than I can express.

Reactions: Dead beat dad
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
Have you ever looked into stoicism? If you have audible I suggest listening to Seneca essays volume 1. I'm not saying it's a cure all, but it has helped me more than I can express.
I haven't but thanks man I'll check it out.
DBD

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
For sure depression is draining. Not much I can do to help with that one, but I can empathize. Much love, hope you feel better soon.

RC90

RC90

Experienced
Sep 13, 2020
I had a brief depressed episode earlier and now I am McFucked, just fighting sleep is becoming a challenge. Fml.

DBD
I'm also severely depressed, I can imagine how you feel brother. I'm taking vitamins and some other medicine that kinda gives me a boost and more energy. However the worst part for me is having to put on a good face for the entire day so others don't suspect that I am depressed. And then at night, when I'm all alone it's great to take that mask out and just be able to be yourself if you know what I mean. You always so kind to everyone. Hope this episode passes soon. I'm always here for you if you need to vent. Vitamin D and B complex in the morning really helps me to have more energy. A big virtual hug bro.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Klee and Deleted member 4993
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
For sure depression is draining. Not much I can do to help with that one, but I can empathize. Much love, hope you feel better soon.
Aw thank you my friend, thanks for the love. Love and respect to you too.
DBD
I'm also severely depressed, I can imagine how you feel brother. I'm taking vitamins and some other medicine that kinda gives me a boost and more energy. However the worst part for me is having to put on a good face for the entire day so others don't suspect that I am depressed. And then at night, when I'm all alone it's great to take that mask out and just be able to be yourself if you know what I mean. You always so kind to everyone. Hope this episode passes soon. I'm always here for you if you need to vent. Vitamin D and B complex in the morning really helps me to have more energy. A big virtual hug bro.
Thank you brother, I totally feel you about having to put the face on. I suppose a difficulty I have is that rarely do I ever get to take it off. I knew about the vitamins but your reminder is timely because knowing is one thing, doing is another, maybe I'll try and steal some evening sunshine before getting back to the grind stone.
Thanks for the kind words brother, love and respect.
DBD

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Ghost2211 and RC90
RC90

RC90

Experienced
Sep 13, 2020
Aw thank you my friend, thanks for the love. Love and respect to you too.
DBD

Thank you brother, I totally feel you about having to put the face on. I suppose a difficulty I have is that rarely do I ever get to take it off. I knew about the vitamins but your reminder is timely because knowing is one thing, doing is another, maybe I'll try and steal some evening sunshine before getting back to the grind stone.
Thanks for the kind words brother, love and respect.
DBD
It does give you a boost,lemme know if it helped you. No worries man.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Dead beat dad
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Every post i have ever seen you post dbd has been kind and supportive towards others.
This is what pisses me off about life. The absolute bastards tend to go through bliss, while the good guys get landed with depression. Its so fucking unfair.

Reactions: Blueman, Worthless_nobody, sufferingalways and 5 others
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
Every post i have ever seen you post dbd has been kind and supportive towards others.
This is what pisses me off about life. The absolute bastards tend to go through bliss, while the good guys get landed with depression. Its so fucking unfair.
Thank you brother that is really kind and means a lot to me.
Love and respect
DBD

• Love
Reactions: Mm80
Cherrypea

Cherrypea

I remember when all this will be again
May 3, 2020
God yes,, I just sat down and said to my dog 'I'm exhausted', then saw your post. Hard work keeping the mask on today, my eldest was so excited telling me her plans for boyfriends birthday, I hope I acted well enough for her.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead beat dad and BitterlyAlive
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Hey mate, I understand how you feel. Depression causes me to lose sleep but it's exhausting all the same. It's like there's sludge inside of you and it can be hard to do much of anything.
God yes,, I just sat down and said to my dog 'I'm exhausted', then saw your post. Hard work keeping the mask on today, my eldest was so excited telling me her plans for boyfriends birthday, I hope I acted well enough for her.
It can be very difficult. I hope you were able to keep it on just enough - I personally feel so guilty when I'm talking to someone and the mask slips. I hope you can rest a bit now, the mask is exhausting in itself.

Reactions: sufferingalways, Deleted member 4993 and Dead beat dad
T

tidalwxves

Student
Sep 8, 2020

DBD
Yeah, I get it, it really does take so much out of you. Have you tried anti-depressants? They dont make it go way, but they do help a lot of people the energy needed to start/finish tasks so they can get back to hobbies and passions and fight the depression.

Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
Yeah, I get it, it really does take so much out of you. Have you tried anti-depressants? They dont make it go way, but they do help a lot of people the energy needed to start/finish tasks so they can get back to hobbies and passions and fight the depression.
Hey brother, yeah I've done antidepressants on and off for a while, they're not really my bag (I've had some crappy side effect and I'm not convinced that they'll help unless there is a real emergency).
Antidepressants aside, good advice about getting back to hobbies, I wish I could make that so!
Love and respect friend
DBD

• Love
Reactions: tidalwxves