Oozzy

Oozzy

Jan 19, 2021
After thinking for long time I realized I don't hate the life, world or people. I just hate myself. I'm a complete failure. I'm not good at anything, I have no talent for anything. I'm ugly, i have acne all over my body and the drugs I used didnt work. My face is asymmetric. I have extremly big nose and mouth. I'm 20 but I already started balding. I'm extremly introvert and not good at making friends. I'm feeling really lonely. I dont have anyone to talk about problems or hanging out. Last year I failed university enterance exam and probably fail this year too. Even if I succeed gonna be unemployed after graduate because of bad life standarts in my country.
Maybe if I was born somewhere else as someone else I would be happy. When i talk to someone about these thoughts They think I'm trying to self pitying and get attention but these are my true thoughts.
When my girlfriend left me months ago, I couldn't understand why. But now I understand there is no reason anyone would love me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ohangiedontyouweep, Élégie, Leo and 16 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Oh dear, I'm really sorry you're feeling like this.

They say if you don't love yourself, everything becomes harder.

For instance, I've started hating myself since I gained lots of weight but now I've decided to work out and try to be in shape so as to love myself again.

You say you're "ugly" but what if you worked out and wore nice and new clothes with cool sunglasses? That might help!

As for the acne, you might not believe me but I used to have lots of it on my face and my back, and girls liked me anyway. They just ignored it.

You even had a girlfriend so, not everything is that bad. You can always find love again.

Last but not least, you can be another person whenever you want to. How? Simply by doing things you're not doing now.

• Love
Reactions: Oozzy, Isisnefert, NodusTollens and 1 other person
Jarni

Jarni

Love is a toothache in the heart. H.Heine
Dec 12, 2020
Everybody has talents, you too for sure :-) You have just to test different (sometimes many) things to discover your domain.

If you have some hobbies (hope so), you could meet people around these subjects and have fun together :-)

• Love
Reactions: Oozzy, NodusTollens and botanormal
L

life-eternal

Student
Nov 11, 2020
quote by Alan Watts i always liked:

'You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago'

and to add, there's always something you're gonna find bad with your body/face/whatever. As guys we do have the advantage that women don't care as much for physical attributes and care much more about personality and character. which is built, both those things aren't innate. As long as you are somewhat relatively in shape you're fine man

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Oozzy, Isisnefert, Jarni and 1 other person
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Definitely. There are certain people I look up to and who seem to live and operate perfectly in the world, I wish I could just be a clone of them instead of myself, who seems to make so many terrible mistakes.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, NodusTollens, death137 and 3 others
H

Hurt

Paragon
Nov 13, 2020
I wish too. But everyone has their demons.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, Oozzy and Pookie
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
After thinking for long time I realized I don't hate the life, world or people. I just hate myself. I'm a complete failure. I'm not good at anything, I have no talent for anything. I'm ugly, i have acne all over my body and the drugs I used didnt work. My face is asymmetric. I have extremly big nose and mouth. I'm 20 but I already started balding. I'm extremly introvert and not good at making friends. I'm feeling really lonely. I dont have anyone to talk about problems or hanging out. Last year I failed university enterance exam and probably fail this year too. Even if I succeed gonna be unemployed after graduate because of bad life standarts in my country.
Maybe if I was born somewhere else as someone else I would be happy. When i talk to someone about these thoughts They think I'm trying to self pitying and get attention but these are my true thoughts.
When my girlfriend left me months ago, I couldn't understand why. But now I understand there is no reason anyone would love me.
Screenshot 20210201 1041352
Oozzy
Screenshot 20210201 1041352

Reactions: Oozzy
Shadowrider

Shadowrider

Student
Jan 26, 2021
I have much to say - ATM I am writing from my phone that's quite uncomfortable,so I try to point at the most important thing.
Okay. You might think you don't look good, but it is a subjective thing. There should not be any official standards to meet. There should be no "if you don't meet the beauty standards, you might as well go and kill yourself!" Hell no!

I wonder how about you and the other users in this thread, but I could not care less if somebody looks beautiful - if they have disgusting attitudes, cannot behave - or think having good manners is an unnecessary luxury - or are functional illiterates despite being snobbish - then I consider them to be ugly. This is what makes somebody an ugly person, no matter how beautiful they look on the outside.

Reactions: Oozzy
Oozzy

Oozzy

Jan 19, 2021
Oh dear, I'm really sorry you're feeling like this.

They say if you don't love yourself, everything becomes harder.

For instance, I've started hating myself since I gained lots of weight but now I've decided to work out and try to be in shape so as to love myself again.

You say you're "ugly" but what if you worked out and wore nice and new clothes with cool sunglasses? That might help!

As for the acne, you might not believe me but I used to have lots of it on my face and my back, and girls liked me anyway. They just ignored it.

You even had a girlfriend so, not everything is that bad. You can always find love again.

Last but not least, you can be another person whenever you want to. How? Simply by doing things you're not doing now.
Actually my bodyshape is normal the problem is my face. Its not about the other people like me. When I look to a mirror it ruins my day and destroy my confidince. And my ex gf probably never loved me. She just wanted to have sex and left me when she bored.

quote by Alan Watts i always liked:

'You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago'

and to add, there's always something you're gonna find bad with your body/face/whatever. As guys we do have the advantage that women don't care as much for physical attributes and care much more about personality and character. which is built, both those things aren't innate. As long as you are somewhat relatively in shape you're fine man
As I said its not about the girls or other people. I dont
what is that

Everybody has talents, you too for sure :-) You have just to test different (sometimes many) things to discover your domain.

If you have some hobbies (hope so), you could meet people around these subjects and have fun together :-)
I tried lots of sports, lots of instruments, painting. And I was terrible at all. I started playing bass 7 months ago but I still play like a beginner.
I have much to say - ATM I am writing from my phone that's quite uncomfortable,so I try to point at the most important thing.
Okay. You might think you don't look good, but it is a subjective thing. There should not be any official standards to meet. There should be no "if you don't meet the beauty standards, you might as well go and kill yourself!" Hell no!

I wonder how about you and the other users in this thread, but I could not care less if somebody looks beautiful - if they have disgusting attitudes, cannot behave - or think having good manners is an unnecessary luxury - or are functional illiterates despite being snobbish - then I consider them to be ugly. This is what makes somebody an ugly person, no matter how beautiful they look on the outside.
I think the same things but a lot of people dont.
There were people who didn't even want to be friends with me because of my looking.

• Hugs
Reactions: Shadowrider and death137
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
Ozzy, the picture was me replying to your earlier post about having acne on your face, it's a bar of Sulphur soap which is Excellent for clearing up your skin! I hope you don't mind l was just trying to help! Have a lovely day :-) PS, l started balding when l was 17yrs old 1612234975284

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: death137
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Is disliking your physical form really disliking yourself though?
I don't see it that way at all.
I can't stand the face and body I've been forced to filter myself through my entire life, but it's not like I chose to look like this, so hating it is not the same as hating myself.
Don't get me wrong, it can-and often does-inevitably shape who we become (or restrict us from becoming what we feel we were meant to be) but showing disdain for such is really not the same as scorning the "who" so much as the "what" (& when, where, how).

Personally, I don't want to be another person, I want to be myself in an acceptable body that I can be comfortable in, through which I can expressly be 'ME'.
As of now, I am trapped and suffocated, and society isn't going to do the mental work to see me as I truly am, they will only recognize me as what their eyes can see, everything is tainted by that.
That's not my fault, and it's not your fault either.
I hate the hand I've been dealt, I hate that it created a domino effect, all the dominos falling into a giant black abyss..I hate that all these opportunities have been stolen from me, all the moments of happiness-big & small-I have been starved of, I hate the people who brought me into this world and then scoffed at the suffering they thrust me into, I hate that I have lost so many years to things outside of my control, I hate that any potential I did have has been wasted and turned to rot, and I hate that no one gives even a fraction of a shit about it all-except for me, myself, and I.
But I don't hate who I am. I just deserve better than what I've been given, which is not even enough to build something greater from.
You deserve better too.

I acknowledge everything you have outlined and I agree those types of things have an insanely potent effect on our daily lives, and even our internal worlds, anyone who claims otherwise is bullshitting you or simply has no idea how it feels.
But, is it really about wanting to be another person? Or is it about wanting to start over from a different place, better circumstances, and with a fighting chance you may not have been afforded this time around..?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie and death137
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020

There is a range where you are objectively ugly or beautiful. If you are objectively ugly with no talent or money then its over for you. Some ppl are truly cursed.
Is disliking your physical form really disliking yourself though?
I don't see it that way at all.
I can't stand the face and body I've been forced to filter myself through my entire life, but it's not like I chose to look like this, so hating it is not the same as hating myself.
Don't get me wrong, it can-and often does-inevitably shape who we become (or restrict us from becoming what we feel we were meant to be) but showing disdain for such is really not the same as scorning the "who" so much as the "what" (& when, where, how).

Personally, I don't want to be another person, I want to be myself in an acceptable body that I can be comfortable in, through which I can expressly be 'ME'.
As of now, I am trapped and suffocated, and society isn't going to do the mental work to see me as I truly am, they will only recognize me as what their eyes can see, everything is tainted by that.
That's not my fault, and it's not your fault either.
I hate the hand I've been dealt, I hate that it created a domino effect, all the dominos falling into a giant black abyss..I hate that all these opportunities have been stolen from me, all the moments of happiness-big & small-I have been starved of, I hate the people who brought me into this world and then scoffed at the suffering they thrust me into, I hate that I have lost so many years to things outside of my control, I hate that any potential I did have has been wasted and turned to rot, and I hate that no one gives even a fraction of a shit about it all-except for me, myself, and I.
But I don't hate who I am. I just deserve better than what I've been given, which is not even enough to build something greater from.
You deserve better too.

I acknowledge everything you have outlined and I agree those types of things have an insanely potent effect on our daily lives, and even our internal worlds, anyone who claims otherwise is bullshitting you or simply has no idea how it feels.
But, is it really about wanting to be another person? Or is it about wanting to start over from a different place, better circumstances, and with a fighting chance you may not have been afforded this time around..?
Thanks for the post

Last edited:
Reactions: LastFlowers
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019

It's really not anywhere near as subjective as some people claim it to be. There absolutely ARE objective standards that are quite universal, and even have scientific backing. (What people don't understand is that it's not the same as having a cookie cutter appearance, two people can fit enough of the objective beauty standards and still look vastly different from one another, as can two unattractive people.) To tell someone otherwise borderlines on gaslighting.
You can say these standards should not exist-and I would agree with you-but to recognize that as anything other than wishful thinking, is simply not indicative of the real world, which will punch the false notion right out of a person's mind, the second their feet hit the pavement-outside their maladaptive daydream of a fair society.

The world doesn't only come down to 'internally beautiful people who are externally ugly' or 'internally ugly people who are externally beautiful'.
I'm getting real sick and tired of the increasingly common statement of:
"Oh well even if they were GORGEOUS, if they had a shit personality, I would pay them no mind!"
Yea, no kidding! That's not what this is ever about. (Ignoring the fact that plenty of people DO throw personality out the window for a pretty face).
People always make themselves out to be such saints for not caring ONLY about looks. But really, caring about them AT ALL, towards anyone but yourself, does that other person a huge disservice.
If you've got two people, one attractive, and one not, with equal ability and similar enough character, the door is going to be opened to the attractive person every. single. time. And when I say the door is going to be opened, I don't just mean the door to a romantic relationship, but to platonic ones, to opportunity, to preferential treatment, even to something as basic as a peaceful sense of identity, you name it...when only one can walk through the door, it matters not what you've got hidden up your sleeve, but the countenance you can't hide.

And that's giving a mild example, with equal credence to the abilities and character on both sides.
What's even more prevalent, however, is that there will be a less attractive person who is more qualified, and a more attractive person who is less qualified.
(In more terms than just a career opportunity).
Who do you think will have the door shut in their face?

Humans tend to see those who appear easy on the eyes, as being similarly easy on the "soul". We give them the benefit of the doubt, we compliment them on things they had no part in earning, we start them off in life by putting them in an OPEN box, with the world at their feet.
Our adoration of them breeds confidence, which they can use to build other confidences, in other areas of life.
It is not a guarantee that they will be happy, or that they will not experience hardships that will lead them to a site like this, but it is far more than what we offer those who don't share the fortune of an agreeable appearance.
For those others, less fortunate, we put them in a CLOSED box, we don't even want to look at them, they are shaped by bullying, invisibility, inescapable imbalance, etc.
We do not give them the benefit of the doubt, and we are less tolerant of them committing any wrong, even if that wrong was born from the devastation of their circumstances.
From where some of them create their confidences, is a mysterious miracle-easily stomped out by the nature of other human beings. For them to break out of that box, they must compensate something fierce, and they must keep up the energy to do so, because constant reinforcement and reassurance is not something we offer to them, as we do those who appeal to our aesthetic senses.
So really, when an ugly exterior turns inward, and someone becomes ugly through and through, we can't blame them. They simply succumbed to the shape of the box that their genes and environment shackled them to.
Those who never felt the cold, dark confines of such a place, are unable and unwilling to recognize their privilege.
They are blind to what society sets below their line of sight.

So, we can play the "looks don't matter, I only see internal beauty" game all we want, it's not going to change reality.
It's nothing more than words coming from most people. I've yet to see such a claim take action.
It's also never that simple. People don't often come as either "looks or personality". Some can have both, some have neither.
Sometimes even the notion of "personality above all else" fails to take certain aspects of a person's circumstances into consideration.
As I said before, many of those who are less fortunate looking, are treated horribly enough to strip them of the pleasantries we project onto the better looking.
Conversely, it's easier for people who are treated better, to act like better human beings.
I don't think enough people make this connection.
For the lucky, it is easier to be optimistic.
For the wealthy, it is easier to be generous. For the privileged, it is easier to be pleasant. They have less of an excuse not to be, yet we give them more.
When beautiful people act ugly, we come up with excuses for them. Anything and everything we can think of.
When ugly people act ugly, we say
"See! That's why you're treated unfairly! Because you've got a nasty attitude, it's not your looks!"
HMM. And where do these fools think such an attitude came from?
We never consider that privilege in one area can make it easier for someone to be a more well-rounded person, and that the lack of such a privilege, can understandably cause the opposite.
(I'm sure you could apply this to more than just appearance.)
In this context, even the well-intentioned endeavor of seeking people out and raising people up based on internal factors alone, can still fail those who were unable to surpass the daunting barriers the rest of us set up outside their dwelling. Ones which-even if broken down or climbed over- will be rebuilt day in and day out.

Anyway, this is barely touching the surface of the issue, despite my wall of text.
(And apologies to Shadow, for bouncing off your reply alone, most of what I said was expanding on the topic, and not meant as a direct opposition to you alone. Your statements just incited other thoughts on the subject.)

• Love
Reactions: Élégie and death137
Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
I just hate myself. I'm a complete failure. I'm not good at anything, I have no talent for anything.
I can relate and understand that point. This is also my problem with life. While I'm not a very beautiful person either I don't really care about my looks. But my skills man. I am just dumb, everything I try fails. I suck at everything. The best I can ever do is average. I can't live up to the expectations of others so I am constantly disappointing everyone around me. I don't understand how people try something new and are good at it because they have talent. I can practice the same shit for months and only get better extremely slowly.

I am an eternal failure and human waste. Even if I was the most beautiful person on earth and rich I'd still be trash because I can do nothing.

• Hugs
Reactions: Shadowrider