Hydration

Hydration

science
May 29, 2020
She came into my life last November, she became my best friend, we dated, she taught me things I would've never learned alone, got me into reading and anime. And she loved me like nobody else ever has. And last week she just went ahead and fucked my best friend. What was the point of her doing any of that if it was just going to lead to this? I'm at the lowest point I've ever been. I know that it shouldn't matter, the relationship was insanely short and I couldn't have expected much out of it. But why? Why did she legitimately have to do that? Is that honestly the best way to end a relationship that she could think of? And today, I cried for the first time in 6 years. Thank you for reading this meaningless rant.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: ERASED, essic., Seaghost and 16 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
But why? Why did she legitimately have to do that?
She is most likely a narcissist. That's one of the hallmarks of the type of things they do. If you check out some videos on youtube about narcissists you will learn a lot of very valuable things to help you when you come across these people. They are not well. They can hide their true selves so you won't know how they really think to get what they want from people before they move on.

• Love
Reactions: Fedrea, ERASED, essic. and 4 others
C

CC123

Arcanist
Mar 2, 2019
It's not your fault that you were victimized by a creep.
You are fortunate she showed her true colors early on.

Last edited:
Reactions: ERASED, essic., Lostandfound7 and 4 others
socrates

socrates

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
Dec 3, 2019
I don't think we should be speculating if they have NPD or any mental/personality disorder. Regardless she is an asshole! It really stinks like how people like this can get so close and then rip out your heart. It mattered to you and it should have mattered to her, and it's not wrong you care. Stay strong feel your emotions and move on. Karma is a bitch and she will get hers.

• Love
Reactions: essic. and Hydration
K

Kill Bill

Dec 27, 2018
No friend would do that if they knew your relationship with her. Sometimes a girl can seem all cool and interesting at the start, but turns out to be just another basic thot. Sometimes a boy can seem all genuine and caring but turns out to be just another selfish tool.
Cut these people out of your life. Do not let them drag you down to that Level, you're better than that and what goes around comes back around. You'll meet someone who really cares for you as much as you care for them. Don't close yourself up, open up, keep being real ;)

• Love
Reactions: ERASED, essic., foreverafraid and 4 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I don't think we should be speculating if they have NPD
I'm actually not speculating even though I said "most likely". She love bombs people at first, takes whatever she wants that they have they like and can use and then suddenly they do something like this since they got bored and wanted something new. No speculation on my part about it. One clue was this: "She loved me like nobody else ever has." They burst into your life strong and fast and seem to offer love and/or attention like you have always wanted.

People need to be aware and well educated about narcissists since they are everywhere and do the same things over and over.

Last edited:
Reactions: ERASED, essic. and Hydration
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
She came into my life last November, she became my best friend, we dated, she taught me things I would've never learned alone, got me into reading and anime. And she loved me like nobody else ever has. And last week she just went ahead and fucked my best friend. What was the point of her doing any of that if it was just going to lead to this? I'm at the lowest point I've ever been. I know that it shouldn't matter, the relationship was insanely short and I couldn't have expected much out of it. But why? Why did she legitimately have to do that? Is that honestly the best way to end a relationship that she could think of? And today, I cried for the first time in 6 years. Thank you for reading this meaningless rant.
Unfortunately it happens more that you know. While this shows her to be a fairly terrible person, it does not put your friend in a good light. He could have said NO. Be strong and be glad you are not them.

Reactions: ERASED, essic., Hearhear and 5 others
socrates

socrates

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
Dec 3, 2019
I'm actually not speculating even though I said "most likely". She love bombs people at first, takes whatever she wants that they have they like and can use and then suddenly they do something like this since they got bored and wanted something new. No speculation on my part about it. One clue was this: "She loved me like nobody else ever has." They burst into your life strong and fast and seem to offer love and/or attention like you have always wanted.

People need to be aware and well educated about narcissists since they are everywhere and do the same things over and over.

I agree that we should be aware of toxic personality traits and behaviors, but labeling it as "Narcissism" isn't helpful.

Reactions: essic. and Hydration
SoIntoYou

SoIntoYou

Pillowman
Jul 9, 2020
I think promiscuous lifestyles are only OK if it is made clear to the partner. Other than that, foul play. Unfortunately, people combine sexual desire with emotional support, so while someone can be a great friend in a relationship, they can also be a sexual free spirit. Nobody should feel an obligation to remain faithful to anybody, but making sure to actually tell the other person that you're going to cheat is an absolute MUST. Otherwise, you are being selfish and rude, and nobody likes that. If your ex had said to you "I'm physically attracted to your friend and want to stop having sex with you for him", would you have respected her sexual freedom and still kept her around as a friend, or felt insulted, insecure, and ended the friendship? Something to think about.