snailboy

snailboy

(๑ᵕ⌓ᵕ̤)
Mar 1, 2023
i have a therapist that i get along with well and i've definitely made a lot of progress while seeing her but i've never been able to fully open up. the one time i told her i thought of overdosing a few years ago she immediately told my mom and got my medication taken from me. she knows i struggle with self harm but to her knowledge im completely clean right now. im scared if i tell her i relapsed i'll either be hospitalized or my blades will be taken away, which i can't handle. its odd but even if im not actively using them, having blades and medical supplies on hand makes me feel more secure. it sucks.

• Hugs
Reactions: d3c96524be95, Cathy Ames, sleepyturtle and 2 others
altoids

altoids

Looking
Feb 26, 2023
I get this feeling too. My therapist brings up the topic of CTB with me but I always feel like I'm walking on eggshells. I'm sure if I slip up and mention a plan they won't hesitate to actually send me to the hospital. It sucks that it has to be like this. They try to make it seem caring, "if you're at risk we have to notify someone..." but I think it just makes people hide the truth to avoid things getting worse.

S

SamTam33

Warlock
Oct 9, 2022
Why would you want to tell her? What are you hoping it will accomplish? I'm always curious about that.

The handful of people I've told is so they'll know what happened if they text and I don't respond.

For some reason that used to be super important to me: that they know I wasn't ignoring them.

(I no longer care about that)

And I told my dad because I wanted him to acknowledge the role he played in how much I hate life.

(I no longer care about that either)

So for what reasons would anyone want their therapist to know?

azalea087

azalea087

solitude
Mar 4, 2023
It might play a role in the care they are receiving and sometimes you want the person you are opening up to, to know the full story

Reactions: Cathy Ames, sleepyturtle and SamTam33
S

SamTam33

Warlock
Oct 9, 2022
It might play a role in the care they are receiving and sometimes you want the person you are opening up to, to know the full story
That makes sense (I think I forget that people approach these scenarios legitimately expecting help).

azalea087

azalea087

solitude
Mar 4, 2023
That makes sense (I think I forget that people approach these scenarios legitimately expecting help).
right same here this post reminded me i even have a therapist

• Hugs
Reactions: SamTam33 and Cathy Ames
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Be forthcoming about your fears of hospitalization so you have that on the table. That'll be good because you will be able to have a more concrete framework by which you can talk about the topic. I know how much it sucks to have to worry about this and having that possibility loom over your work with a therapist isn't conducive to healing at all. They don't seem to understand that or are too afraid of liability to acknowledge that.

Reactions: snailboy, Cathy Ames and sleepyturtle
snailboy

snailboy

(๑ᵕ⌓ᵕ̤)
Mar 1, 2023
Why would you want to tell her? What are you hoping it will accomplish? I'm always curious about that.

The handful of people I've told is so they'll know what happened if they text and I don't respond.

For some reason that used to be super important to me: that they know I wasn't ignoring them.

(I no longer care about that)

And I told my dad because I wanted him to acknowledge the role he played in how much I hate life.

(I no longer care about that either)

im talking about my self harm not ctb

SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
It's so awful that you can't say what you really think because you will get hospitalised, it's just another one of those factors that contributes to poor quality of life. The pro-lifers can honestly be so insensitive and it's the worst feeling to not be taken seriously.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
This is unfortunately just the world that we exist in, I hate how we live in a world where people cannot openly discuss these subjects without facing further consequences, it sounds so horrible being trapped in some kind of prison like hospital so of course it's for the best to stay quiet.