LXR515

LXR515

Jun 12, 2024
I'd have clocked myself out YEARS ago and been free of all this misery and pain if only I knew for 100% that I would be able to die without failure/hospitalizing myself or crippling myself for life. It's so fucking frustrating you have to account for so much just to finally get some peace

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: myusername890, wren-briar, ijustwishtodie and 8 others
James Sunderland

James Sunderland

"In my restless dreams, I see that town…"
Oct 6, 2024
It's infuriating to feel trapped in that place where even finding peace feels complicated and full of risks. You've been carrying this for a long time, and I can't imagine how exhausting that must be. If you ever want to talk about what's weighing on you or just need a space to let it out, I'm here in this thread.

Reactions: myusername890 and ijustwishtodie
LXR515

LXR515

Jun 12, 2024
It's infuriating to feel trapped in that place where even finding peace feels complicated and full of risks. You've been carrying this for a long time, and I can't imagine how exhausting that must be. If you ever want to talk about what's weighing on you or just need a space to let it out, I'm here in this thread.
Ty I appreciate that. I wish venting would give me some meaningful relief or an ease from my pain but it'll just come back the next day until I'm finally dead. I feel in no way prepared for the real world and I'm just sick of it all

Reactions: myusername890, wren-briar and ijustwishtodie
James Sunderland

James Sunderland

"In my restless dreams, I see that town…"
Oct 6, 2024
Yeah! It's like venting gives a tiny bit of release, but the weight just settles back in afterward. The "real world" can feel pretty overwhelming, especially when every day feels like you're just trying to survive it.

Reactions: myusername890 and ijustwishtodie
D

DexterPig

Jan 3, 2024
Uncertainty is the one thing stopping me. My absolute worst fear is becoming significantly disabled from an attempt and my mom of all people being my caretaker. Not to mention forced to talk to therapists until I can pretend I'm "okay" again

Reactions: wren-briar, seasonsdied and ijustwishtodie
Leiot

Leiot

Oct 2, 2024
I'd have clocked myself out YEARS ago and been free of all this misery and pain if only I knew for 100% that I would be able to die without failure/hospitalizing myself or crippling myself for life. It's so fucking frustrating you have to account for so much just to finally get some peace
I can tell you from personal experience that it doesn't always work. I tried OD'ing on oxycodone. Took an entire bottle (> 90 tablets) and I got drowsy. I was on some pretty high powered pain killers at the time anyway - fentanyl.

My psychiatrist at the VA told me about a vet she worked with. Guy was a combat vet, clearly knew about how to use a firearm. Tried to CTB by shooting himself in the head. Didn't do it. Bounced off his skull but scrambled everything up pretty bad. I remember her telling me that the only thing scarier than suicide is not succeeding.

• Informative
Reactions: wren-briar, ijustwishtodie and sadlittleman32
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I also wish for such as well, personally all I want is to never wake again, I wish to be permanently free from this cruel, torturous existence where I cannot suffer for all eternity, non-existence truly is all I hope and wish for. I'd always prefer to not exist than to suffer for potentially decades longer just to be tortured by extreme old age, in fact the thought of that terrifies me, it's just so painful how I cannot just die in a peaceful, guaranteed way with no risks of trying to die leading to way worse agony, I find it horrific how trying to die can go wrong.

• Love
Reactions: myusername890, wren-briar, Marco77 and 1 other person
H

howunfortunateforme

Oct 2, 2024
So what's the solution? Isn't hanging pretty reliable? Robin Williams and Kate spade did it…I feel like there's gotta be a way to do this. I've watched the videos of people hanging them selves it looks pretty easy. If my vision wasn't so bad I would fight. But visial
Issues plus Insomnia plus walking difficulties are enough to end it.

• Aww..
Reactions: wren-briar
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Same. I hate how uncertain suicide attempts are. If it wasn't uncertain, I would have been gone already. If I were to fail a suicide attempt and get permanent injuries, it would have been better if I never attempted in the first place. I may just have to risk it because death is worth it and I need to escape existence asap

• Aww..
Reactions: myusername890, pthnrdnojvsc and wren-briar
N

Nikki_Music

Waiting for something to happen?
Sep 28, 2024
Agreed, if I was 100% sure jumping off or running in front of a car would've 100% done me in within a few hours, even if there was a shit ton of pain, I would've done it ages ago. The risk of getting treatment or screwing up your brain is too high with these things to risk it.

• Informative
Reactions: myusername890 and wren-briar
feelinggloomy

feelinggloomy

Experienced
May 29, 2024
I totally agree I pray that I wake up one day and there is a switch I could turn off. I'm terrified of failing. It's one more layer of suffering. Feel for you

Reactions: myusername890
H

howunfortunateforme

Oct 2, 2024
Agreed, if I was 100% sure jumping off or running in front of a car would've 100% done me in within a few hours, even if there was a shit ton of pain, I would've done it ages ago. The risk of getting treatment or screwing up your brain is too high with these things to risk it.
Yea treatment will
Make it worse. But we gotta try no? There has to be a way so many people are successful at this!
Same. I hate how uncertain suicide attempts are. If it wasn't uncertain, I would have been gone already. If I were to fail a suicide attempt and get permanent injuries, it would have been better if I never attempted in the first place. I may just have to risk it because death is worth it and I need to escape existence asap
That's how I feel. I need stats like 85 percent of partial
Work if you do a b c

Last edited: