SuicidalAgain

SuicidalAgain

Dummy
Sep 9, 2020
I left this forum for a while because I wanted to recover.

I think I wanted to recover because I met with friends who kind of inspired me to want to live. Hanging out with them was nice. They have their problems too but they carry on, and there I was acting all defeatist. My life could probably be turned around if someone else was behind the wheel, but I just find everything to be so overwhelming. I love to stay home and playing games and I joke about how games are my life support, but it's not really a joke, it's the truth. Without them I'd have to face reality, go out into this soul crushing world and feel overwhelmed all the time. Or I could kill myself.

Last year there was a course I "wanted" to enroll in, but it didn't open for lack of students. While on this recovery mindset I remembered to try again this year and it seems it will open this year. I would have to go on an interview, would need to drive to another city everyday and it would be incredibly expensive for my mom. With this chronic depression, I am afraid to try it. It will sneak back into my life and take away my will to do things, my ability to concentrate... And sure, I could "fight it", but it would still be very hard. Quitting would not be an option because of all the money spent, so this is causing me a lot of pressure and I haven't even started...

I contacted the school, and now my mom keeps asking me if I have scheduled the interview (which would be HORRIBLE because it's so hard to even write an introduction online and I'm a horrible communicator and incredibly awkward) and I just really lost my will to do it... But then, if I don't do that, what will I do? I can't keep staying home, so now my suicidal thoughts are back and I see an opportunity now that my sister is leaving for a few days, I'll have a lot more time alone to take my SN so I don't need to deal with any of it.

I just feel so inadequate. Like I don't deserve to exist, that death is the only option for me. I hate to see anyone who aren't my close friends and a few close family members, because seeing others makes me feel so ashamed of my life. Even if I'm not having a particularly bad day, just the presence of other people will throw me into a spiral of self hate.

Therapy has not helped my depression, only gave me short term benefits. Medication has only made it worse. I know I'm autistic, but no one in my life believes me so I'm afraid to go see a doctor about it. I meet all requirements for an ADHD diagnosis as well (for the attention deficit) according to the DSM5, but also afraid to go see a doctor about it. The medication's side effects are also a bit scary, from what I've read. There is definitely something wrong with me, because I don't fit into this world at all.

I don't want to die, but I can't find solutions and everything has been a pain so far :/ I just want to be minimally content with life and not think about death, mostly because I don't want to hurt the people who are closest to me.

If you read all of this, thank you, and I'm sorry. I'm really bad with words.

life GIF

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: AtMostOkay, FuneralCry, Phosphophyllite and 10 others
S

suisuiforum

Experienced
Jul 4, 2021
I also recently left and came back to this forum for similar reasons, because I mistakenly thought I could maintain the will to live for the rest of my life. I relate to other aspects of your situation as well, and I hope that your life gets better in the future.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: AtMostOkay, Pisceslilith, Brick In The Wall and 2 others
Midgardsorm

Midgardsorm

Paragon
Apr 28, 2020
Totally understandable. You situation is really tough.

Games are my life support as well, but lately I haven't been able to play since my physical condition got worse. The suicidal thoughts greatly increased.

Careful to not get pushed on with the thought that you will have time alone because of your sister. Impulsive thoughts are not exactly the best in cases like this. A lot of people here speak about autism and other conditions. I cannot relate because I were never diagnosed with any of those (But no doctor analyzed my symptoms either.) Yet, I understand that is very difficult to deal with it, from what I know it makes social interaction much harder.

Can you move to another city where you can study, or take an online course? Maybe it helps.

I'm sorry for what you are going through. I wish you the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: AtMostOkay, SuicidalAgain and Pisceslilith
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry that you are suffering and that things did not go your way. I understand it can be a hopeless feeling. Life really is tiring. I wish you the best.

Reactions: AtMostOkay