snxw

snxw

lets pretend we're numb
Apr 7, 2020
i want to post threads and be part of the community but i cant. every time i try to make a post about something my brain tells me to delete it, that its shit and people will think im a weirdo :( . this will be my first thread (hopefully) , does anyone have any tips to getting over this fear?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: xBrialesana, lizinha, Sensei and 9 others
Shades

Shades

Remnant
Feb 29, 2020
I have the same problem. Nothing I have to say is really important anyway, so why bother?

After typing out a message, I'll spend long minutes proofreading it, deleting sentences, rewording phrases, thinking about how other people are going to interpret it... and ultimately questioning whether or not I should even post it.

And it's during this period, before I've made the decision one way or the other, that I'll spontaneously click the submit button. Take the choice away from myself. Maybe it'll get easier the more I do it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, Sensei, snxw and 4 others
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Just speak your mind. Most people on here are not judgemental and will not mock you openly for what you write in here, so, just say whatever you are thinking at the time, but keep the rules in mind also.

Reactions: Sensei, snxw and Shades
Brink

Brink

Exhausted. RadHomo.
Feb 11, 2020
You can still be a part of the community and not post threads - post some more messages, perhaps one of the games in Offtopic or something, and you'll get access to the chat... some members just hang out and support each other in there.

Reactions: Sensei, snxw, Shades and 2 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
What kinds of topics do you want to post about?

Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
I have the same problem. Nothing I have to say is really important anyway, so why bother?

After typing out a message, I'll spend long minutes proofreading it, deleting sentences, rewording phrases, thinking about how other people are going to interpret it... and ultimately questioning whether or not I should even post it.

And it's during this period, before I've made the decision one way or the other, that I'll spontaneously click the submit button. Take the choice away from myself. Maybe it'll get easier the more I do it.
That's what I do. It really does get easier over time.

Reactions: Shades and Sensei

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
You could pretend that you're shadowbanned, so no one will think you're a weirdo, because others won't be able to make that conclusion based on the content which others can't read.

Underlying causes for such internal conflicts (trying to socialize) are probably not universal, so I can't be sure which advice will be helpful. But hey, making a thread about not being able to make threads is sure a nice way to start.

• Love
Reactions: snxw and Epsilon0
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
If it makes you feel any better, know that pretty much everyone feels that way when they join. You are not the first to make a post about this. They pop up every now and then.

Furthermore, the harsh reality is that nobody really cares about what you write. Everyone is busy being self-absorbed and worrying about what they write and their own image.

It's fine, really. Let the words flow. As long as you respect the forum rules, the worst that can happen is you get no replies. In the grand scheme of things that does not seems too bad, right?

Welcome to SS!
But hey, making a thread about not being able to make threads is sure a nice way to start.

Very modern and metatextual.

• Love
Reactions: Shades, 262653, snxw and 2 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
i want to post threads and be part of the community but i cant. every time i try to make a post about something my brain tells me to delete it, that its shit and people will think im a weirdo :( . this will be my first thread (hopefully) , does anyone have any tips to getting over this fear?
You just did. You posted and spoke your mind. Best way to start.
Tips?
Don't say anything offensive or insulting and follow the forum rules.
Apart from that post whatever you want. There's such a vast array of characters and opinions on here there's always someone who will listen.
I post opinionated junk sometimes and I hesitate before posting then think sod it and hit post anyway. So someone disagrees...great!
And personal stories tend to be well received, there's so many on here who might have a chance of understanding from similar experiences.
I was afraid to share when I joined but I'm glad I did.

Reactions: Shades, Sensei, snxw and 2 others
snxw

snxw

lets pretend we're numb
Apr 7, 2020
What kinds of topics do you want to post about?
just wanted to post how i feel to see if others could relate so i dont feel so alone, and i wanted to make one to ask about dif anxiety meds and see what people recommend to try.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Oyoy, Shades, Sensei and 2 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
just wanted to post how i feel to see if others could relate so i dont feel so alone, and i wanted to make one to ask about dif anxiety meds and see what people recommend to try.

Definitely post about how you feel!

About the anxiety meds, I'd recommend doing a site search first because it's a subject that's posted about a lot, then follow up with a new thread if you still have questions.

Reactions: Sensei, Epsilon0, snxw and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Do it. Stories are welcome. Search on the medications first then it may guide your post.

Reactions: Epsilon0, snxw and GoodPersonEffed
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I want to write a good response but I can't

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Oyoy, Skathon, mediocre and 2 others
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I want to write a good response but I can't

Don't worry. Very few can. In fact, you can probably count them on no fingers.

• Love
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed, Sensei, mediocre and 2 others