• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

takeyourshotfunboy

takeyourshotfunboy

Smile...
Oct 11, 2019
Basically I overheard my parents complaining about how nothing ever gets better, how they´re sick of my obsession with death and suicide, and most notably, how they are sick of me being in and out of mental hospitals all the time (even though I have only been to there twice). I actually do want help but if I tell my therapist I will get locked up again, and I don´t want to be a burden to them. Advice?

• Hugs
Reactions: Darkhaven and Nem
Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
Definately seek help if you feel like it.
I just didn't understand what you meant by saying that your therapist will get you locked up again.
If he/she is that much inconsiderate and harsh on his clients then he is not a good therapist.
Why don't you seek someone that actually wants to help you and will show you more consideration and patience rather than just taking your money and then lock you again?

A

AlexBlue

Oct 21, 2019
I think your family would appreciate your effort if you'd try to get better
But you should take onto consideration the possibility of being sent to a rehab facility or psych ward
Give it a shot

Last edited:
Reactions: Read123456788
MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
Basically I overheard my parents complaining about how nothing ever gets better, how they´re sick of my obsession with death and suicide, and most notably, how they are sick of me being in and out of mental hospitals all the time (even though I have only been to there twice). I actually do want help but if I tell my therapist I will get locked up again, and I don´t want to be a burden to them. Advice?
Why would yr therapist get you locked up? isnt that out of their jurisdiction? In theory you should be able to speak about general 'suicidal ideation' and feeling that way without risk of being locked up - as long as you never say you have ' a plan' or behave like you might act on it very soon, they are there to listen after all, and you should be able to be honest, otherwise what use are they! I am sorry you over heard your parents complaining about you- what a great way to make you feel better ! huh?! I feel like I am quite a bit older than you but have also experienced & over heard being talked about in that way- and it is SO counter-productive, does nothing to help & only serves to make any low self worth you may have much worst-in my opinion- they should be talking WITH you, not ABOUT you! Do you feel like they care & are just confused about what to do or is it something else? Do you feel like you trust them & could just have a talk with them about how you feel? I'm so sorry you had to hear them complaining- thats such an upsetting thing to hear. Could you ask for a different therapist? Its crucial you click with and atleast vaguely trust the one you go to.

Last edited:
Reactions: k75 and Darkhaven
B

blahblah

Oct 26, 2019
Look after your own health first. Your parents I'm guessing are well? Then they can take care of themselves. Don't let your guilt or concern for them keep you from doing what you need to do to keep yourself well.

trynacbt

trynacbt

Arcanist
Sep 28, 2019
My guess is they said some of these things in a difficult moment, when maybe they were feeling tired or angry, and that they didn't really mean it. I don't know your family, but I think that if you do want to get help and get better, that is an amazing step, and that it is so worth it to try.

Reactions: MeltingHeart
R

Read123456788

Aug 23, 2019
You do you. If you think you can try to get help then go for it.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
If you want help, I think you should try to get it.

It is possible to talk to your therapist about this stuff without getting locked up. It's all in what you say and how you say it. Do not say you have a plan or a way to kill yourself. Do not act like you are a threat to yourself or others. Be as calm and rational as you can be. And stress that you don't want to do it and do want help.

If they are satisfied about those things, it should be fine to tell them you do have thoughts or feelings of hurting yourself. They can't help if they don't know what's going on. And they're not going to send you to the hospital if they don't believe you are in immediate danger.

Reactions: MeltingHeart
Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
My parents were the same and it scares the shit out of them that their child wants to die.

• Aww..
Reactions: Lethe