K

Kleijd46

Jul 18, 2022
First post!

I recently had a scare where I was forced to go to the hospital. I had crazy chest pains and couldn't get off the floor (was not a panic attack). All I could think of was "I hope this is it." Turns out it wasn't. I was however diagnosed with Hyperglycemia, COPD, Prediabetes, and some other thing with my heart. My doctor said I need to clean up my act now or I won't last another 5 years. Wow! Hope!

Since then I have been eating the worst crap, chainsmoking, etc. I even paid $150 and went to a blood lab to see if I got my numbers higher. Stayed the same. I have two daughters and I like the idea of saying goodbye to them - even if a heart attack comes on soon. I thought about SN but - even if its a short time - time spent waiting for the end would make me just think about my daughters. Also, I want them to get my life insurance money. I'm stopping my heart meds today.

Am I alone in that I want as many "normal" physical ailments as possible? I'm trying to get full blown diabetes, COPD, Morbid Obesity (already am), a fatty liver, and really just anything naturally occurring that will lead to a combination of death as soon as possible. I don't care about the pain that goes along with it.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Sunset764, Euthanza, JealousOfTheElderly and 3 others
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
This does not sound successful unless you want to die one limb at a time. There are faster ways with a proven track record.

Reactions: hoodymend, ShornSoloists, Le_Dauphin and 4 others
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
You may want to rethink this plan- there are much better ways to find peace. Do you realy want to go blind and have your limbs amputated one by one and die a slow death that takes ten years of increasingly intense suffering?

Last edited:
Reactions: hoodymend, ShornSoloists, Sunset764 and 3 others
W

WiltedSoul

Feb 21, 2022
This is a wonderful idea. You've inspired me. If I could get diabetes, I could probably just lay dying in a lovely place, like a forest, waiting to die of low blood sugar. Or I could overdose on insulin. So many great possibilities.

Reactions: Kleijd46 and Rational man
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It is understandable wanting to die from illness as it means that the person will not have to ctb. For many, suicide can be difficult. In an ideal world those with illnesses should be able to get euthanasia rather than suffer until death. A peaceful exit should be a human right. I know the feeling of being desperate to leave. Existing really is torture.

• Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: ShornSoloists, NeverEndingPain, FinishingLine and 6 others
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
Disease can end in a brutal and protracted death. Pain relief is not guaranteed as in my case. My mother died akin to a scene out of a horror film. I sometimes wonder if doctors think they are god, inflicting their uselessness interventions onto their dying patients. Its appalling to think that medical ethics is about keeping people alive, in the face of terminal illness. I dont wish diseases upon anyone but make sure you have advanced directives and power of attorney, just in case.

when mum died i wanted to jump off the cliff you see in my avatar. My grandpa gassed himself.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, ShornSoloists, FinishingLine and 7 others
adventurer

adventurer

Jul 10, 2022
First post!

I recently had a scare where I was forced to go to the hospital. I had crazy chest pains and couldn't get off the floor (was not a panic attack). All I could think of was "I hope this is it." Turns out it wasn't. I was however diagnosed with Hyperglycemia, COPD, Prediabetes, and some other thing with my heart. My doctor said I need to clean up my act now or I won't last another 5 years. Wow! Hope!

Since then I have been eating the worst crap, chainsmoking, etc. I even paid $150 and went to a blood lab to see if I got my numbers higher. Stayed the same. I have two daughters and I like the idea of saying goodbye to them - even if a heart attack comes on soon. I thought about SN but - even if its a short time - time spent waiting for the end would make me just think about my daughters. Also, I want them to get my life insurance money. I'm stopping my heart meds today.

Am I alone in that I want as many "normal" physical ailments as possible? I'm trying to get full blown diabetes, COPD, Morbid Obesity (already am), a fatty liver, and really just anything naturally occurring that will lead to a combination of death as soon as possible. I don't care about the pain that goes along with it.
this all could still take a decently long time to kill you...are you sure that you want to wait this stuff out instead of just going? whatever you think works best for you is what should be done, of course, but if you really do want things to end, this is a really not great way of doing that. why prolong your suffering?

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake and Rational man
Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021
I share this fantasy but of course it is entirely impractical… I know a person who drank themselves to death but it took them decades… I am similarly allowing my life to self-destruct in hopes it my heart will simply stop from feeling so much pain… But that's not how it works alas

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Someone123, Euthanza, Angi and 1 other person
HopefulButPrepared

HopefulButPrepared

Experienced
Jun 22, 2022
First post!

this is one of those posts that makes me chuckle on here - the doctor tried to tell you how to live longer, and you interpreted it as CTB advice!

Reactions: hiAbbey
J

JealousOfTheElderly

Everything's gonna be OK
Aug 28, 2020
I posted something similar about trying to get cancer... I don't plan on treating it if I do get cancer. I understand your sentiments.

hiAbbey

hiAbbey

All’s well that ends pretty prettyy prettyyy soon
Sep 30, 2021
this is one of those posts that makes me chuckle on here - the doctor tried to tell you how to live longer, and you interpreted it as CTB advice!
How to get as many ailments as possible? I gained a lot of weight but can't bring myself to smoke. It's gross. Nicotine patches?!?!

HopefulButPrepared

HopefulButPrepared

Experienced
Jun 22, 2022
How to get as many ailments as possible? I gained a lot of weight but can't bring myself to smoke. It's gross. Nicotine patches?!?!
haha, i think the smoke in the lungs is what is gonna kill you, not the nicotine!!! You could drink a bottle of vodka a day.

Reactions: hiAbbey